• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Here's a story you might have heard before-

Woman who is an author is on a train. Woman takes personal offense at something someone else is doing. Woman snaps at this other person minding their own business. Other person says, "Mind your own business." Woman becomes low rent batman and takes a picture of other person while tagging her employer on twitter. Woman gets response from employer and smugly continues snitching.

Let's take it from there.

And if you were wondering if there's a happy ending-

giphy.gif
if old.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
She's an employee of the company, which has rules that prevent people from eating on the train, and she's eating on the train.

What does her being black or a woman have to do with it?

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
How do people find the time to get offended about all this petty shit. I don't even have enough time to do things I like.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I don't get it.

What's she snitching on exactly? You're not allowed to eat on trains?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
She's an employee of the company, which has rules that prevent people from eating on the train, and she's eating on the train.

White people get to break small (and sometimes large) rules all the time without society dictating to them that they should play by the rules regardless of impact or circumstance.

Maybe minorities should start being as petty. We have phones too.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017

Her being a black woman might have something to do with the fact that a world bank employee felt the need to take her picture and send it to her employer to try to get her reprimanded.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Stupid thread title aside, nice to see a happy ending to the story

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
I thought you were allowed to eat on trains (within reason) as long as the food is not smelly (on the London Underground anyway)?

What an incredibly petty and pathetic person that woman is.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I love the outcome of this situation, because you KNOW that she was so comfortable in her privilege that she really thought this would end in her favor. Instead, like a coward she put her twitter on private (couldn't even tweet out an apology?) and is out a book deal. For once justice is served.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Eating meals in public transit should be illegal, especially on Rush Hour

I had a commuter with a stinky Subway sandwich 2 inches from my face in packed rush hour. Nasty gross.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
bruh you can't post a happy ending and have it be about the author

what about the woman eating on the train? her employer asked the author for details and got them. I hope nothing happens to her

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
slightly off topic, but you all complaining about the title, I rarely ever see anyone jump on OP's who format their titles like "I really fucking it when..." Like those sorts of titles run rampant here and are constantly allowed to stay. That shit is worse.

Euler.L.

Alt account
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
White people get to break small (and sometimes large) rules all the time without society dictating to them that they should play by the rules regardless of impact or circumstance.

Well, author is part of a minority.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria

Could you change the title? If you can. Idk. This is just horrible.

you KNOW that she was so comfortable in her white ass rich ass privilege
I think that the snitching thing was petty and the author deserves the consequences, so I'm not defending her, but I don't think she has that.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I love the outcome of this situation, because you KNOW that she was so comfortable in her white ass rich ass privilege that she really thought this would end in her favor. Instead, like a coward she put her twitter on private (couldn't even tweet out an apology?) and is out a book deal. For once justice is served.
Is she white?
Twitter bio has her as Jordanian-American, picture below:
jMmzeiit.jpg

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I love the outcome of this situation, because you KNOW that she was so comfortable in her white ass rich ass privilege that she really thought this would end in her favor. Instead, like a coward she put her twitter on private (couldn't even tweet out an apology?) and is out a book deal. For once justice is served.
I'm all for calling out white privilege but c'mon you went right on her twitter where it says and shows she is not white. It doesn't help anyone to throw around buzzwords and assumptions without even knowing what you're talking about, it just gives opposition ammo to use to gaslight and further their shitty "SJW are stupid" agenda.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The idea, I think, is that an apparent World Bank employee snitching on a transit worker who's *eating*, a very understandable action for anyone, risks that transit worker's job for no significant or relevant reason, and reeks of classism (rich person policing poorer person's behavior).

Add to this the fact that the victim is a black woman- which would mean nothing in isolation, but far as I can understand, it gains relevance due to the fact that black women face a lot of societal and institutionalized bigotry from many angles already, so being petty at her for something as normal as eating (yeah 'no eating' might be the rules but who fucking knows if the logistics of that is actually realistic for every employee) is doubly harmful.

Purely personally speaking, I don't fully get people being angrier at this being done to a black woman than to a blue collar worker at large either (I mean for all you know a white guy who would perhaps go through the same thing could also have a big family to feed), but that's probably just my ignorance. And although it's being nosy and petty, I don't feel like this means the author who tweeted it out deserved to lose her book deal or whatever either.

But I suppose things like this appear far more targeted and malicious if you actually experience similar forms of oppression, which I have not. /shrug

edit: I've also never understood why people hate snitches this much either, but whatever

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for calling out white privilege but c'mon you went right on her twitter where it says and shows she is not white. It doesn't help anyone to throw around buzzwords and assumptions without even knowing what you're talking about, it just gives opposition ammo to use to gaslight and further their shitty "SJW are stupid" agenda.
I have already edited my reply. I don't read people's twitter bios often, but I saw someone else say she was a minority and double checked.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Minorities picking apart other minority groups in an act of jockeying over perceived social status isn't really a new thing.
I don't doubt it sadly, and wouldn't have been surprising were it a white woman anyway. It's a dumb thing to snitch on when it can cost someone their job and I'm glad she's being called out for it.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This shit could get that women fired and nobody likes a snitch.

It's petty, uncalled for and absurd to do this to someone.
This whole anti snitching behavior is dumb as hell. I'll never forget when my ex told me she was OK with harboring a murderer in her family because telling someone would be snitching.

Last edited:

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I can see this thread getting derailed by the "she's a minority too".

So there's phenomenon of minorities, even black non-African Americans, looking to knock down black people. I do not know why but I noticed this here and there. They just bought into the bias and prejudice that exists.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Changed the title, now you can talk about the OP without drowning out the subject matter with concern trolling over thread titles

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah fuck that lady. How dare these filthy poors obtain nourishment. Don't they know they are supposed to starve and die as they serve us?

OP
OP

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
This whole anti snitching behavior is dumb as hell. I'll never forget when my ex told me she was OK with not harboring a murderer in her family because telling someone would be snitching.
There's levels to it.

I would probably turn in a murderer in my family to the authorities, or at the very least, not house them.

I would probably not try to get someone eating a sandwich on the train fired.

The idea, I think, is that an apparent World Bank employee snitching on a transit worker who's *eating*, a very understandable action for anyone, risks that transit worker's job for no significant or relevant reason, and reeks of classism (rich person policing poorer person's behavior).

Add to this the fact that the victim is a black woman- which would mean nothing in isolation, but far as I can understand, it gains relevance due to the fact that black women face a lot of societal and institutionalized bigotry from many angles already, so being petty at her for something as normal as eating (yeah 'no eating' might be the rules but who fucking knows if the logistics of that is actually realistic for every employee) is doubly harmful.

Purely personally speaking, I don't fully get people being angrier at this being done to a black woman than to a blue collar worker at large either (I mean for all you know a white guy who would perhaps go through the same thing could also have a big family to feed), but that's probably just my ignorance. And although it's being nosy and petty, I don't feel like this means the author who tweeted it out deserved to lose her book deal or whatever either.

But I suppose things like this appear far more targeted and malicious if you actually experience similar forms of oppression, which I have not. /shrug

edit: I've also never understood why people hate snitches this much either, but whatever

It's basically this for me. Its a person (the author) having the power to complain and doing it for no reason whatsoever other than because they can because they want to see someone punished. Like, how is that the first thing you want to do in the morning on your commute? I'm barely awake before noon.

Also, thanks for changing the title, mod.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, why can't people mind their own business.

This whole anti snitching behavior is dumb as hell. I'll never forget when my ex told me she was OK with not harboring a murderer in her family because telling someone would be snitching.
Or maybe we should take a step back and not compare a woman eating on a train to a murderer.