• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The latest Facebook post by Strache - "jetzt erst recht" - is one of the most liked ones in his post history, at least as far as I went down this shithole. Either his voters are so dumb, or lefties liked it because his post is a good laugh.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
The latest Facebook post by Strache - "jetzt erst recht" - is one of the most liked ones in his post history, at least as far as I went down this shithole. Either his voters are so dumb, or lefties liked it because his post is a good laugh.
Never underestimate the right voters in their lack of logic

Soziale Heimatpartei wanted to sell Heimat to the russians? Jetzt erst recht just to own the left

http://dotheyknowitseurope.eu/

A new countdown from Böhmermann
Oh it will be glorious

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I had a discussion on reddit about this because I just could not comprehend the thought process of these people. An interesting idea that came up is that people are so invested in "winning" against the left that they care about nothing else. It's insane but that's where we are, it seems.

AfD here literally has a poster up that says "Grün ärgern? Blau wählen!" with nothing else but a huge AfD logo on it. Blau of course stands for vile scumsuckers paid by Russia, I mean, AfD.

They're trying really hard to get the "own the libs" dynamic* from the US working over here in Europe as well, it seems. And, oh wonder, some people are stupid and spiteful enough do fall for it.

*and climate change denial (at the same time pushing that wind turbines are causing climate change by slowing down the jet stream...wut?!), and gun laws, and and and

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Talking and talking and talking and blaming and oh my I am such a poor guy and our party is so poor why msut everyone hate us...

Oh my god stop talking and just resign.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Kurz kept it short....and it felt Kind of like´a load of nothing ( I mean his Statement a Moment ago)

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
It kind of sounded like he wanted so sack all FPÖ ministers, but then he didn't. Great "press conference" (with no questions allowed, to boot).

yeah that Reporter sounded annoyed as hell, but I figure if they start to take questions the conference would not end...ever
I hope vdb will break some good News.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Kurz really is a right cunt, isn't he? Instead of acting in the manner deserving of a statesman and doing the right thing for once, all he's doing is feverishly triangulating his options to stay in power at all costs. I mean it's not that I would have expected anything else from him, but still...

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah well that cunt Kurz still gets tons of votes, no idea why. I guess most voters don't want a functioning social safety net.

There's a reason why he and his party have spent the past 1.5 years since forming this coalition trying to portray the unemployed as lazy welfare queens (Soziale Hängematte and all that). The rebranding of the Mindestsicherung back to Sozialhilfe alone was one of the most important parts because Mindestsicherung suggests it being a safety net as you name it, while Sozialhilfe suggests that others are specifically doing their part in helping (i.e. the recipient is taking their money), and the jump from Sozialhilfe to Sozialschmarotzer is of course a lot easier.

Oct 27, 2017
London
There's a reason why he and his party have spent the past 1.5 years since forming this coalition trying to portray the unemployed as lazy welfare queens (Soziale Hängematte and all that). The rebranding of the Mindestsicherung back to Sozialhilfe alone was one of the most important parts because Mindestsicherung suggests it being a safety net as you name it, while Sozialhilfe suggests that others are specifically doing their part in helping (i.e. the recipient is taking their money), and the jump from Sozialhilfe to Sozialschmarotzer is of course a lot easier.

I can only hope for your sake that the pendulum swings back sooner rather than later. Sadly he seems to cultivate a great public image among other things, so he's a scarily competent asshole. It'll take actual suffering for people to realize they've been screwed over just because they voted to save themselves a little bit of money from 'muh taxes'. Imagine a competent PR expert Trump. We have our own neoliberal social safety net destroying party wreaking havoc so I know what it's like to not have a social safety net. Homelessness, poverty, all up in my country under this Conservative party we live under!

O5ighter

Community Coordinator at Giants Software
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Erlangen, Germany
Kurz kept it short....and it felt Kind of like´a load of nothing ( I mean his Statement a Moment ago)
It has to be stressed that any press conference he gives without allowing questions should be questioned hard by journalists.

I can only hope for your sake that the pendulum swings back sooner rather than later. Sadly he seems to cultivate a great public image among other things, so he's a scarily competent asshole. It'll take actual suffering for people to realize they've been screwed over just because they voted to save themselves a little bit of money from 'muh taxes'. Imagine a competent PR expert Trump. We have our own neoliberal social safety net destroying party wreaking havoc so I know what it's like to not have a social safety net. Homelessness, poverty, all up in my country under this Conservative party we live under!
I don't have a lot of doubts that Kurz will be the big winner of this scandal. I wish it was different of course because he is essentially just the Nice-Guy Variant of Strache at this point.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think the FPÖ is going to lose nearly enough in the upcoming elections as Kurz seems to hope. There's a big difference to Knittelfeld because back then, the FPÖ literally imploded.
Without Strache as the face of the party, they no doubt are going to lose strength, and no doubt some of their voters will flock to the ÖVP, but I do not believe that he'll be cracking the 40s, and I also do not believe that the NEOS are going to grow big enough to form a coalition with the ÖVP either, especially not if the Greens are going to make a comeback for the wealthy/well-educated liberal voters as an alternative, which seems likely at this point.

I think that the EU elections next Sunday are going to be a decent preview of what's to come. The FPÖ traditionally does worse in those than it does in national/regional elections, and it also will have been a good several months since all of this chaos happened so a lot of the people who are disgruntled with the FPÖ now might be more willing to vote in September.

I don't think that the power positions are going to be significantly different from what they are right now, except that the Greens are going to replace Jetzt, the NEOS might get a little boost, and the FPÖ will lose a little bit, but still hover around 20% easy.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently there's rumours coming from inside the FPÖ that they would support a motion of no confidence in Kurz if one of the other parties makes one, in response to the ÖVP wanting to get rid of Kickl.
This now just got a lot more interesting than Game of Thrones, heh.

Zornica

Alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Given what Shorty has been doing for the last 48 hours.... a motion of no confidence is long overdue.
Though given the idiots living in this country and making up much of the voter pool... it would probably hurt the party instigating such a move.

Last edited:

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plottwist: Kurz was the student of Strolz, so his goal was always to reveal the true identity of the FPÖ, which made him make the FPÖ/ÖVP in the first place. Now going to re-elect to make a coalition with NEOS and say that it was all necessary evil. Also taking a left course, refugees welcome and smoking is no more. LMAO, let a man dream.

BTT: How much money did Austria spend on elections, re-elections and with that, advertisements, in the last few years? I don't even want to know...

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
That's it, Kickl is ousted as minister of the interior. This probably means all other FPÖ ministers will resign. Kurz plans to fill these posts with experts, but he'll probably have to face a vote of no confidence next week. In theory, he could very much lose that one.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not an expert on Austrian politics but are right leaning voters there as dumb as the ones in the Anglosphere?(Canada, England, US, Australia)

Oct 25, 2017
Now Kickl is (as good as) gone too.
I'm so fucking happy right now.
Kurz is still a shithead but I'll take every victory I can get and if this means I never have to see Kickl or Strache again (for like 2 years until they are inevitably returning) that's still amazing.

Not an expert on Austrian politics but are right leaning voters there as dumb as the ones in the Anglosphere?(Canada, England, US, Australia)
Oh yes. Don't worry.

Oct 25, 2017
When a good day get's even better
FHxouCa.png

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they make sure he can't access any more data. But probably already has everything he wanted anyway.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SPÖ seems to be in favour of joining Jetzt in the motion of no confidence in Kurz, and NEOS are insisting on there not being any VP-related people replacing the vacant minister spots.
Having Kurz getting punished by his consistent intrigues and power gambles would be an absolute joy to see, and it's not entirely unlikely.