• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Does the left have a chance like in Spain where they actually managed to win from a position of weakness or is Kurz gonna walk it again?

Honestly? No. Because: the Social democrats have lost contact with much of their base and are still failing to reconnect. The green party is still split in two - which might cause one of them failing to cross the minimum threshhold to enter parliament- essentially vaporizing up to 4.9% of votes for a left wing party.

It'll be ÖVP making strong gains... spö minor gains

Zornica

Alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess we'll have to see how stupid the voters truly are... and how much this is going to hurt Shorty... or if it will actually help him.
Given how this did not change the way people think since it broke over a "whatever" scandal, there's still more than enough people willing to vote for right-wing shit-heads left.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a return of blue-blue "this time it will be different, I SWEAR!!!!"-edition in fall...

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
D62mroRWsAAj87Q.jpg

Possibly one of the best memes to come of all this. Kudos.

Evon

Oct 25, 2017
Austria
Pamela Rendi-Wagner according to herself. It will be tough for her though since she hasn't had much time to distinguish herself in this role. Unfortunate timing for her I guess.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
The base now has to get behind Rendi Wagner stat. I don't like her but the criticism from within has to stop if we're going to stand a chance come fall

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the Ballhausplatz was so full today! I loved the atmosphere, there's finally a change happening. Still, Fliesen is probably right. Left wing has a hard time and is still split in too many parties. ÖVP might really make it to 50%+ lol... would laugh if it was their idea, never got an easier chance to get all those FPÖ voters. But today is a great day, bye bye FPÖ at long last.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Honestly a lot of people are rightfully giving Kurz shit, but he pretty much cancelled the FPÖ today. I could have done without the self-aggrandizing part in the beginning, but the he really nailed the landing.
I might disagree with everything he stands for but I gained a little respect for him today.

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what Jokesch will do now that he doesn't get new material for his Basti & Bumsti comic series. :^)

bb-67.png

Fitting that this came out just a week ago.

TokyoJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Right wing shitheads all over Europe, all traitors who are selling out with their hate. The scary part is them being voted into a place where they undermine democracy.

O5ighter

Community Coordinator at Giants Software
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Erlangen, Germany
Honestly a lot of people are rightfully giving Kurz shit, but he pretty much cancelled the FPÖ today. I could have done without the self-aggrandizing part in the beginning, but the he really nailed the landing.
I might disagree with everything he stands for but I gained a little respect for him today.
Sure he cancelled them now, but he also brought them into power in the first place and accepted a lot of their past crap and the shit they pulled during the whole time.

Make no mistake, him being set up as "the person who undid the FPÖ" is a powergrab and he'd rather everyone in Austria forgets that it was him wo pushed the ÖVP further to the right in the first place.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
hah! We partied all night long. Thank god this misery has finally ended

SPÖ+Neos in autumn!

Two strong women leading our nation would be just awesome.
oMpTFBj.jpg

jq3KIhR.jpg

Also: Claudia Gamon -> EU parliament on sunday next week
7kaRqdY.jpg

320px-Beflaggung_Hofburg_Wien.jpg

It's time we put this country into women hands.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
I like Rendi-Wagner. But don't think they can win the election with her. Hope the next few months prove me wrong.

Rather see her gone asap and let Doskozil take over in the current political climate.

Last edited:

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
I like Rendi-Wagner. But don't think they can win the election with her. Hope the next few months prove me wrong.

Rather see her goon asap and let Doskozil take over in the current political climate.

Doskozil is a real gem.
Reasonable, strong and a great sense of justice.
I kinda agree. He would be a great leader atm

I'm not so sure about his 'partnership' with the fpö in burgenland though...

Deleted member 54170

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 25, 2019
Two strong women leading our nation would be just awesome.

It's time we put this country into women hands.

Please explain this to me, I don't get it. Why does it matter which gender somebody has? Is a female human being automatically better than a male one? If yes why? I think in france the top of the far right party is a woman. Does that mean the french people should vote far right?
Personally I don't care which gender a politician has, as long as they do good work. The opinion that a woman is better than a man is really widespread on this forum and I hate it. Life is not black and white like a Disney movie.

In before somebody calls me a Nazi, misogynist or some other stuff, I voted for Irmgard Griss at the presedential elections, and for the other elections NEOS or Grüne, although I don't go along with every opinion of them, but I think thats almost impossible independent of the party. I have no idea what I should vote for at the european election because I didn't read the programs yet.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't like the NEOS, they're basically the socially progressive off-shoot of the ÖVP. And while I would prefer them over the ÖVP, I still would rather see Red-Green before a constellation involving them.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Rendi-Wagner seems to me like a very stubborn and arrogant person. That interview with Armin Wolf yesterday was really off-putting. Like - I wanna be chancelor or nothing, which is not a great stance for Austria right now.

Zornica

Alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly? No. Because: the Social democrats have lost contact with much of their base and are still failing to reconnect. The green party is still split in two - which might cause one of them failing to cross the minimum threshhold to enter parliament- essentially vaporizing up to 4.9% of votes for a left wing party.

It'll be ÖVP making strong gains... spö minor gains
spö should ask why kurz has made a coalition with people like this. he knew from the start

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Thats all so fucking appaling. those sunburned, beer belly motherfuckers and that fake russion millonaire chic in that depressing Ibiza rental flat ...

sends shivers down your spine doesn't it?

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
On a side note: Shorty Seb does look like the love child of Patrick Bateman and a Ferengi, doesn't he?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thats all so fucking appaling. those sunburned, beer belly motherfuckers and that fake russion millonaire chic in that depressing Ibiza rental flat ...

sends shivers down your spine doesn't it?
The thought of how many meetings there are that are like this and we don't know about sure does.
Fuck all of these people.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Salzburg's ÖVP Chief Haslauer said there will be not another black-blue coalition after the upcoming elections.

I doubt that....

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
FPÖ: literally trying to sell out the Vaterland 🇦🇹 🇦🇹 to Russia, caught on tape

FPÖ voters: "Jetzt erst recht FPÖ!!!!!"

🤔 Starting to wonder if its actually just bots but unfortunately I doubt it.

lemm

Oct 30, 2017
FPÖ: literally trying to sell out the Vaterland 🇦🇹 🇦🇹 to Russia, caught on tape

FPÖ voters: "Jetzt erst recht FPÖ!!!!!"

🤔 Starting to wonder if its actually just bots but unfortunately I doubt it.

I had a discussion on reddit about this because I just could not comprehend the thought process of these people. An interesting idea that came up is that people are so invested in "winning" against the left that they care about nothing else. It's insane but that's where we are, it seems.

Florgoth

Nov 2, 2017
"Most donors pay between 500.000 and two million Euros." - Straches summer vacation tape

It really is amazing how cheap these guys are. Two million can buy you first choice of public funds potentially worth billions... The entire system is broken.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I also made the mistake of going on the FPÖ's Facebook page and I'm honestly fucking confused at this point. In what world is this "patriotism".

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I had a discussion on reddit about this because I just could not comprehend the thought process of these people. An interesting idea that came up is that people are so invested in "winning" against the left that they care about nothing else. It's insane but that's where we are, it seems.
Ah yes, that makes sense (in a fucking stupid way).

O5ighter

Community Coordinator at Giants Software
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Erlangen, Germany
FPÖ threatens that all ministers will resign if interior minister Kickl is forced to resign.

Oh no. That'd be very terrible indeed.... %D