• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Scott Morrison has been criticized after claiming there is "no better place to raise kids" than Australia – at the same time children are forced to flee their homes to escape bush fires that continue to engulf the east coast of the country.

The prime minister, who has faced stern rebukes from the public over his handling of the most widespread wildfire season in the nation's history, made a plea for optimism as the nation heads into 2020 – while acknowledging the country had gone through "a tough 12 months" exacerbated by the "terrible bushfires".

In a New Year's message delivered alongside his wife Jenny Morrison, he added: "There's also been the drought that continues and of course, the floods earlier last year.

"But one thing we can always celebrate in Australia is that we live in the most amazing country on earth and the wonderful Aussie spirit that means that we will always overcome whatever challenges we face. That we will always look optimistically into our future.

His address came as photos of fires gripping the nation depicted children forced to flee their homes and stand in the sea to keep safe. Others were seen playing while wearing gas masks.

"There's no better place to raise kids anywhere on the planet, and we're all so grateful that we can live in this amazing country, and that's something we can always give thanks for as we enter into their new year."

Thisisfinemates.gif

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
The word 'cunt' comes to mind.

I just find it absolutely mind boggling that this dude is either so out of touch with reality, or is likely the most uncaring POS around. Likely both.

I mean, he says this while there are literally a bunch of pictures floating around of kids fleeing for their lives. Or worse, forced with play or move around wearing gas masks.

For fucks sake, there is a plume of smoke the size of Europe hovering over Australia right now.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
Like what the hell is going on over there, every news story I hear is the PM sticking his head in the sand while the country gets ravaged.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
For any local Aussies, what is the news on potential mass future migration out of the country? Your lack of proper climate change policy or even protections, is terrifying.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
He's a climate change denialist too so this is painting a grim picture of what the future entails for the world as the emergencies start piling up.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
0zqpndz794841.jpg

Yea, I can see why.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I don't really see a good future for Australia, unfortunately.

or anywhere else, for that matter.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
It stands to reason, though. Growing up in bush fire outbreak Australia will give you the best possible education to prepare you for the Mad Maxian future ahead.
Lots of future Road Warriors in the making

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
I just find it absolutely mind boggling that this dude is either so out of touch with reality, or is likely the most uncaring POS around. Likely both.

I mean, he says this while there are literally a bunch of pictures floating around of kids fleeing for their lives. Or worse, forced with play or move around wearing gas masks.

For fucks sake, there is a plume of smoke the size of Europe hovering over Australia right now.

It has to be both. For our international readers, this is the government that was recently exposed as paying $190,000 for an empathy consultant....he and his government are vile human beings.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
or anywhere else, for that matter.

I don't think that's entirely true. There are some countries(a handful really) with decent to good climate change policies, and also may be geographically located in an area where they will not be as fucked as other nations. From a pure location standpoint alone, Canada and crazily enough(since their government doesn't give a shit about climate change or human rights) Russia are going to be lucky.

Australia, China, India, America are so fucked though, to name a few. At least from a large country perspective.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think that's entirely true. There are some countries(a handful really) with decent to good climate change policies, and also may be geographically located in an area where they will not be as fucked as other nations. From a pure location standpoint alone, Canada and crazily enough(since their government doesn't give a shit about climate change or human rights) Russia are going to be lucky.

Australia, China, India, America are so fucked though, to name a few. At least from a large country perspective.

Russia stands to benefit from climate change due to the recession of arctic sea ice and the opening up of the northern sea route. Why annex Crimea when you can just wait for the planet to open up a convenient new shipping lane?

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Miami real estate investors be like 😰
Yo, the city is flooding.
Hey, let's build more ocean front high rises

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
As an a non-aussie reading that all I could think was "Hmm a bit Trump with a hint of Boris Johnson"

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Hope he lives long enough for his kids to realise what an absolute piece of shit he is.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
This muppet is the the absolute worst PM we've ever had. Gives 0 fucks about this country and its people.

Its going to be hard to call any former or following PM a dickhead when this bloke has raised the bar so high.

And we've had freaking Tony Abbott as PM...

To give our rest of world friends an idea of how much of a cunt this bloke is:

- Didn't believe we needed to bring in firefighters from overseas to help our volunteers
- Suggested Volunteer Firefighters shouldn't get paid because "they want to be out there"
- Went on Holiday's to Hawaii and tried to keep it a secret in the midst of the fires. Not before.
- Pretty much argued that he was given too much of a bad wrap for going on Holiday and won't deny that he'll go on holiday again this year. (I'm all for spending time with family, but when you're the face of the country and your job literally relies on public image, you have to make sacrifices)

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
This muppet is the the absolute worst PM we've ever had. Gives 0 fucks about this country and its people.

Its going to be hard to call any former or following PM a dickhead when this bloke has raised the bar so high.

Will this all lead to another political spill/ousting of another sitting PM?

How is Morrison viewed in the news polls?

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Every Australian who fell for his painfully transparent "how good is Australia" folksy every man rebrand during the election should forfeit voting rights for life. YOU. DUMB. FUCKING. CUNTS.

It's not like we didn't get a thoroughly well-rounded insight into who Scotty from Marketing really was during his tenures as social services minister, immigration minister and treasurer.

He spends Saturday nights at his Pentecostal church praying for the end times and then people wonder why he doesn't give a flying fuck about the world burning on Monday morning. He's even left some people pining for Tony fucking Abbott. That's how fucking bad his disconnect is.

The saddest thing of all are that there are so many willing to defend him still. The power of Murdoch's programming. I despair.

But, y'know... "face the new year year with optimism" folks!

Grug

Oct 26, 2017

- Didn't believe we needed to bring in firefighters from overseas to help our volunteers
- Suggested Volunteer Firefighters shouldn't get paid because "they want to be out there"
- Went on Holiday's to Hawaii and tried to keep it a secret in the midst of the fires. Not before.
- Pretty much argued that he was given too much of a bad wrap for going on Holiday and won't deny that he'll go on holiday again this year. (I'm all for spending time with family, but when you're the face of the country and your job literally relies on public image, you have to make sacrifices)

Probably also mentioning that he spent the first month of the bushfire crisis prioritising a "religious freedoms" bill to protect moron footballers with malfunctioning pituitary glands like Israel Folau who choose to use their public platform to tell homosexuals that they will burn in hell.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Unlikely. Both major parties have introduced new leadership spill rules. For the Libs, a spill motion requires a two-thirds majority in the party room.

It's not like anybody else from the party would be any better.

Nope.

Still too many stupid cunts in Australia who would have their whole home burned down and argue "what could the PM have done? Give the bloke a break"

Well... fuck. So it's going to get way worse now?

Move to Canada, mates. You're essentially our southern family.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I can't believe he managed to be worse than Tony Abbott. I disagree with all of Abbott's views but he's currently fighting the bushfires as a volunteer, which earns him a bit of my respect. At least that shows that for all of Abbott's twisted opinions he cares about the people of Australia enough to fight bushfires on the frontline for them. Meanwhile Scotty from marketing went to holiday in Hawaii while people and firefighters are literally dying in this country. Scott Morrison does not care about the people in this country. It's so despicable.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Probably also mentioning that he spent the first month of the bushfire crisis prioritising a "religious freedoms" bill to protect moron footballers with malfunctioning pituitary glands like Israel Folau who choose to use their public platform to tell homosexuals that they will burn in hell.
yeah and the entire country is now burning. crazy.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Morrison is an absolute shit heel. As said the above reasons make him entirely unfit to still remain PM but the Liberals (conservative party) will do shit all.

In fact i would bet the house that a lot of this behaviour such as refusing international aid, going on holiday etc is to try and give the perception that this is simply just a bad bushfire season and therefore does not have to start answering awkward climate change questions further.

The papers owned by Murdoch show that they are already minimizing the tragedy and by doing so arguing that we are already doing more then enough on climate change and that this is just one of those bad years for fires.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
don't know Australian politics, will he be reelected?

His conservative party (misleadingly called the Liberal Party) will get reelected because that's what Rupert Murdoch wants.

Whether Morrison is leading the party at the next election is much more uncertain. Leadership spills are our national sport.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Like what the hell is going on over there, every news story I hear is the PM sticking his head in the sand while the country gets ravaged.
"He seems like a good guy to have over for dinner"

For any local Aussies, what is the news on potential mass future migration out of the country? Your lack of proper climate change policy or even protections, is terrifying.
By all rights we should be fenced in and made to suffer the consequences of our actions. If our skin was a different colour it's what we'd want for ourselves.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
This is a man who's election campaign was essentially "fuck them, get yours".

His election slogan was... and I shit you not... "How good's Australia?"

We are beyond fucked over here...

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017

lol, Sorry, I meant from a pure commonwealth connection standpoint.

But let's continue this funny line of thought:

You are our hopefully temporarily estranged southern family, America.

There is a distinct but important difference.

We hope you can join us at the dinner table again one day, Uncle Sam. After you get the help you need. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've applied to be a volunteer so hopefully I'll be helping alongside all the other champs for the next bushfire season.

Scott Morrison and the rest of them can just go fuck themselves. Sick of their bullshit.

Last edited:

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Video from the ABC showing what firefighters are facing at Bateman's Bay in NSW.

Also Vic Premier announcing 17 people in Vic are unaccounted for :(

Announcing also that they have FINALLY got the Navy involved to evacuate those towns that are completely cut off and start to evacuate 800 people from Mallacoota tomorrow morning. Took way too long to start evacuating and getting defence force involved at this level. People were in the water swimming to get away from the fires yesterday - why when we knew these town would be isolated days ago did we not get the defence forces involved in evac before now?

Last edited:

Deleted member 15227

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 18502

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What Australian website is providing good coverage? ABC and SMH are ok, but expected wall to wall stories.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
What are the odds that Morrison uses that one line from Fury Road "Oh what a day, what a lovely day!" outloud in an unintentional manner?