• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020
Trade in a One X + controller + all cables for a $350 discount on the Series X
Trade in a One S + controller + all cables for a $200 discount on the Series S

I bought my One X for $479 on sale, so a $350 trade in is decent value. I bought my kids One S for $299 on sale, so the $200 offer is perfect. The consoles need to be in working order obviously.

Edit: As per the Press Start article that was linked below, even better deals can be had. Amazing deal all around.

Last edited:

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
with backwards compatibility i don't see a reason why anyone would not take the deal

OP
OP

Deleted member 70824

Banned
Jun 2, 2020

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
I hope this happens in Canada too and for Pro to PS5.

Only concern is the idea of picking this up during Covid

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Even level 2 will get you 10%. Which all helps.
By the way, Press Start is a great site, so nice work!

Where's the info about what % you get for each level? I just checked my account and I'm almost level 2 so might be worthwhile for me to buy something to get to that level for the discount.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Where's the info about what % you get for each level? I just checked my account and I'm almost level 2 so might be worthwhile for me to buy something to get to that level for the discount.

Don't quote me, but I believe it's

1 - 5%
2 - 10%
3 - 15%
4- 20%
5 - 25%

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Would definitely have capitalised on this, but how tf am I to take my console to trade with current restrictions in Melb?

Also is there any deal for trading in the Xbox One OG?

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
If we get a similar deal for trading PS4 Pro towards PS5 I'm probably gonna pounce.

I'll push back my planned PC upgrade by a year or two when I can easily trounce these machines for cheap(er) and still get into the next gen action.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Any news about the all access program?

It seems to be tied to telstra only... which sucks.

OP
OP

Deleted member 70824

Banned
Jun 2, 2020
Is the Australian dollar that bad? Almost $800 for a Series X? Woof
The Series X is $749 over here which works out a little more than the direct exchange rate to the US dollar. We always pay a little bit of a premium for our consoles but Australian prices include sales tax which is the same nationally.

That's why this trade-in deal is too good to pass up.

Oct 27, 2017
While I normally wouldn't buy a S or X for years but if GameStop somehow ran a promo giving me $200 credit toward an S just for trading in my One S I would do it.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really want to give up my older consoles, just for the nostalgia. Might have to buy a used console just to trade in if the math works out

Vervain

Oct 27, 2017
The shitty part is the base price:

$750 AU = $545 US
$500 AU = $363 US

Nah, the price is great here for the X at least. Considering our GST is 10%, the X is actually cheaper than direct conversion plus sales tax.

The S did a bit of a bump though, which is annoying. I was hoping they'd go a little lower there.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Definitely doing this, with a level 4 it's virtually the same value they sold the Cyberpunk 1X at. Hopefully by then retail in VIC will be actually open.

Mar 22, 2019
I just popped into an EBGames to enquire on just this topic as I'm thinking of trading in my PS4Pro for PS5 and XBX for XBSX+XBSS. They basically said on Sept22nd when pre-orders go live they are expecting CHAOS so to do it all online and choose the 'click and collect' button then just bring the old devices in for trade-in.

Might just wait a while and let the initial wave die-down as still got plenty of games to get through on my XBX...

Vervain

Oct 27, 2017
Would definitely have capitalised on this, but how tf am I to take my console to trade with current restrictions in Melb?

Also is there any deal for trading in the Xbox One OG?

They've confirmed that this trade in deal will be honoured even if we stay in lockdown here in Melbourne last the launch date of the console.

The issue is that in that instance you won't get your console on launch day, but I'm willing to take that risk to save a decent chunk of money.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
$499 for the S is a terrible deal, that's worse than the conversion for the X. You'd think they would be more aggressive with its price considering how dire the internet speeds and digital tax is here.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
Did the Starlight Foundation deal a few weeks ago which was slightly better. Not by much though and I've been without consoles for a while and still have two months to go.

Considering these consoles have full BC this is basically a no brainer if you're sitting on an Xbox One S or X. Especially if you have a high EB level.

If you have games to trade in I'd wait a little longer to see if there's bonus credit for those soon too.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Series X is $749 over here which works out a little more than the direct exchange rate to the US dollar. We always pay a little bit of a premium for our consoles but Australian prices include sales tax which is the same nationally.

That's why this trade-in deal is too good to pass up.
Series X conversion is actually spot on with $499 to $680 + 10% gst.
The series s is actually the rip off conversion. Should be $450

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
It's really a good deal. I think I'm gonna do this instead ordering from Microsoft Store, despite having $150 credit there. I'll miss you my Scorpio X1X

Boppa

Apr 4, 2020
I wasn't really interested in getting a series x because I'm buying a new PC in the next 6 months but I can't really say no to $329, I imagine (hope) they will have a similar deal for the PS5 when it's price and release date is finally announced.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't planning on getting a Series X but at that price I might just go for it. I'm Level 2, so it'll be more like $380, I suppose?

I bought my XB1X from EB's eBay store on Black Friday 2018 in a multi-game bundle with a promo code, and after selling all the games it came with I ended up only paying like $325 for the console. Imagine trading it right back to them two years later for more than I bought it for :P

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I wasn't planning on getting a Series X but at that price I might just go for it. I'm Level 2, so it'll be more like $380, I suppose?

I bought my XB1X from EB's eBay store on Black Friday 2018 in a multi-game bundle with a promo code, and after selling all the games it came with I ended up only paying like $325 for the console. Imagine trading it right back to them two years later for more than I bought it for :P
I'm lv2 too, I think it's $35 extra, so $364 for XSX

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
How much would my Xbox One S All Digital get me? I can't see anything about that version. I would think it's different to the normal One S.
If it's enough, I'll definitely trade in my One S Digital for a Series S.

edit:
EhgjVmfXYAM7Y0e

Xbox One S All-Digital excluded. I wonder what that exactly means, I get that it wouldn't be $299, I wonder what it would be though.

Last edited: