• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gotten vaccinated yet?

• Had my first dose!

Votes: 33 23.6%
  • Had my second dose and fully vaccinated!

Votes: 86 61.4%
  • Nope!

Votes: 21 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
Fucking panic buyers, my woolies order was missing so much since everyone seems to have gone crazy today

are people that stupid to think that they need to hoard again?

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A few restaurants in Newcastle are now shut for cleaning and people under isolation because of a visitor from Sydney who tested positive.

I get that you may have to move around, maybe there is a reason to drive North for work or similar. But FFS don't go out to the pub for a schnitty and beer just for the sake of it.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, Wallsend Diggers and Hotel Jesmond. Fucking hell aye. People there on the 29th (Hotel Jesmond) and 30th (Wallsend Diggers) need to isolate.

I was in Japan for pretty much all of January and this was kicking off basically when I got back. I don't think I have been to the pub this entire year.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
aita if i start bitching at people with 6 loaves of bread and 5 huge packs of tp in their cart

saw a guy stockpiling today and i went "really? really?" and he looked so affronted

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a new monitor last week to avoid straining my neck while remote teaching on my MacBook. Today, I made a quick trip to Officeworks to pickup a new keyboard, mouse and webcam to complete my workspace. It was maddening. People were going crazy, with queues extending from the checkouts to the back of store. I saw some people with three or more desk chairs in their trollies. I had never seen the store so busy.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ive only had one altercation with an idiot so far.

I was across the road and he was cycling on the other side of the road. He stopped across from me and covered one nostril at a time and just blew everything in his nose out into the gutter/sidewalk. I yelled at him, called him a grubby cunt etc (there were others nearby walking dogs and such) He crossed the road as if he was going to start shit but when I got angrier he ended up leaving. This was last week.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a new monitor last week to avoid straining my neck while remote teaching on my MacBook. Today, I made a quick trip to Officeworks to pickup a new keyboard, mouse and webcam to complete my workspace. It was maddening. People were going crazy, with queues extending from the checkouts to the back of store. I saw some people with three or more desk chairs in their trollies. I had never seen the store so busy.
What on earth has gotten into people.

Also LOL @ desk chairs

Were there loads of people who were meaning to buy one that hadn't

I'd be hoarding memory sticks or dunno phone chargers lol

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
What on earth has gotten into people.

Also LOL @ desk chairs

Were there loads of people who were meaning to buy one that hadn't

I'd be hoarding memory sticks or dunno phone chargers lol
Actually in march when my bf transitioned to WFH we went to officeworks and they were nearly cleared out of computer chairs
theres was definitely a shortage and I assume any companies that where stragglers on the WFH policy are now being forced to do so

another thing in shortage since march is dongles

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
QLD Health reports no new cases for Queensland
doit.gif

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Great news!
-

Lambton Park Hotel has also been added to the list of venues in the Hunter. 7PM-9PM on the 30th was exposed.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just went to get my groceries for the week and was pleasantly surprised at how many people were wearing masks, especially given this is a relatively small and out of the way town. Coles workers were all masked up and people on the registers were wearing face shields too.

Hopefully the adoption rate continues to increase.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
The school drop off this morning was surprisingly easy. I think a bunch of people in my area were either scared off or are waiting for test results to come back. I haven't seen traffic this sparse since that weird transition period where prep to year 2 had come back but nobody else had.

(QLD - in one of the areas the two women visited)

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The school drop off this morning was surprisingly easy. I think a bunch of people in my area were either scared off or are waiting for test results to come back. I haven't seen traffic this sparse since that weird transition period where prep to year 2 had come back but nobody else had.

(QLD - in one of the areas the two women visited)
Same in NSW, eerily quiet today everywhere.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

Of the 13 new cases reported to 8pm last night:
  • three are travellers in hotel quarantine
  • one was acquired in Victoria
  • eight were locally acquired linked to known cases including:
    • one case attended the Apollo Restaurant Potts Point
    • one case attended the Mounties Mount Pritchard
    • one case attended Advance Early Learning Childcare Centre Merrylands
  • five who were close contacts of known cases
  • one has no known links to known cases
www.health.nsw.gov.au

News - COVID-19 (Coronavirus) statistics

Thirteen new cases of COVID-19 were diagnosed in the 24 hours to 8pm last night, bringing the total number of cases in NSW to 3,608.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I just went to get my groceries for the week and was pleasantly surprised at how many people were wearing masks, especially given this is a relatively small and out of the way town. Coles workers were all masked up and people on the registers were wearing face shields too.

Hopefully the adoption rate continues to increase.
Not sure if it was confirmation bias, but I noted a lot more here in the Sydney area I'm in (was the first time I've been into a shopping centre in two weeks and the first time I've been in wearing a mask myself). About 5% of the people wearing masks were wearing them as chin warmers though.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
We got our cloth masks... look okay.

My dad, amazingly, tried to sterilise some disposable ones in the microwave because he read about it on whatsapp and it fucking caught fire. no damage but i was pretty steamed at him. at least he's not a weirdo mask denier i guess.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Peter Gutwein's announced Tassie isn't opening our borders at the end of the week, they'll stay closed to call and it'll be reviewed again at the end of August.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
From the ABC Live Blog https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08...live-news-victoria-industry-shutdown/12516956

It's all about metro Melbourne, except abattoirs which are for all of Victoria.

Unaffected businesses:
The first group is businesses that will remain open and not be affected in metro Melbourne.

They are:

• Supermarkets
  • Grocery stores
  • Bottle shops
  • Pharmacies
  • Petrol stations
  • Banks
  • News agencies
  • Post offices
  • Everyone involved in Victoria's pandemic response
Closed businesses:
From 11:59pm this Wednesday, Daniel Andrews says the following will close:

• Retail
  • Some manufacturing
  • Some admin

The Premier says retail will look very different "and it's critically important to have many, many people at home rather than at work and moving to and from work each day."

Scaled-back businesses:
These businesses will stay open but operate very differently from midnight Friday:
  • Meat works will move to two-thirds production, they will be dressed in full PPE including gowns and face shields, as if they are health workers, they will be temperature checked, they will be tested
  • Construction will be divided into three parts
    • Large scale government projects reduced by half already and there will be plans to reduce the workforce more
    • Very large commercial building will need to reduce their workforce down to the practical minimum, and can have no more than 25 per cent of their workforce working
    • Residential construction will be restricted to five people per site

Last edited:

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
It was always amazing to me that we kept retail open this long tbh. In the first lockdown I could still go to Mecca Maxima (and It think the one near was still open last week) and Country Road lol.
Back home in UK everywhere including mcdonalds shut for a month.

I guess until recently our numbers were simply not bad enough to justify closing everything

Does the above imply restaurants/take away close? It's not listed in unaffected businesses.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
It was always amazing to me that we kept retail open this long tbh. In the first lockdown I could still go to Mecca Maxima (and It think the one near was still open last week) and Country Road lol.
Back home in UK everywhere including mcdonalds shut for a month.

I guess until recently our numbers were simply not bad enough to justify closing everything

Does the above imply restaurants/take away close? It's not listed in unaffected businesses.
Yeah it's weird to compare. Australia has been much, much better about border control, track and trace and putting new arrivals in quarantine, but the early UK measures were stronger for combatting community transmission.

Shady

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently hairdressers were at capacity after it was announced they'll be shutting down 😓

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Apparently hairdressers were at capacity after it was announced they'll be shutting down 😓

Unbelievable. I literally haven't had a haircut since COVID kicked off, which even I'll admit was overkill (should've gone during low number season) but there's no fucking way I'd be getting my haircut now no matter how downright disgusting it's gotten.