• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
cbsaustin.com

Austin is one of the best cities to be quarantined

Austin has been listed as one of the top 10 cities to live while in quarantine. According to a study byZippia, there are four key components that best determine quality of life during quarantine: Apartment Space. Internet speed. Take-out options. Park access. Ranking each city based on data...

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well if it's so good then why is the state planning to open up so soon?

/s

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I feel like quarantine has to dramatically reduce the difference in quality of living from state to state.

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm here in Austin! The large parks and green spaces have been nice for getting out- Went to Mueller last Sunday and everyone had plenty of room to avoid one another. Hvaing backyards is also a huge plus.

chimpsteaks

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 12, 2019
I've been really having an ok time being quarantined inside the loop in Houston for all the same reasons too

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I do think the summer will help bending the curve by getting people to stay inside. It's like everyone decided to undo that unspoken 90s rule where kids and everyone stay inside, now I feel like the Goonies are out there and packs of families with strollers and bikes. I have to wait to leave my driveway due to people traffic.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
In the past 8 years of living in Austin, this is the most livable this place has been. No traffic and everyone is working from home. I'm kind of enjoying it.

Lathentar

Oct 27, 2017
And Tumble22 just opened back up with curbside. And I got on the train early when Franklin's was doing curbside with a fifty dollar min and day of pickup!

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
"cbsustin.com"

uhuh...

It's just an article, not the source. The results are from Zippia, who actually did the analysis and came up with the ranking.

There doesn't seem to be any pro-Austin bias if that's what you're suggesting (though the article naturally highlights the city). Here are the top 10 for anyone who's interested, most of the cities are coastal.

best-cities-quarantined.png

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
Dont fall for the people who tell you to go to chilis at 45th and lamar.
This made me laugh. I gotta say, it's so tempting sometimes. Real talk though, HEB is definitely making this quarantine a whole lot better. They were on point during the first few days especially. It should be one of the main reasons why Austin is on that list.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
This made me laugh. I gotta say, it's so tempting sometimes. Real talk though, HEB is definitely making this quarantine a whole lot better. They were on point during the first few days especially. It should be one of the main reasons why Austin is on that list.

HEB is so fucking awesome.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
It's just an article, not the source. The results are from Zippia, who actually did the analysis and came up with the ranking.

There doesn't seem to be any pro-Austin bias if that's what you're suggesting (though the article naturally highlights the city). Here are the top 10 for anyone who's interested, most of the cities are coastal.

SCOTTSDALE NUMBER ONE BABY!

Chandler is boring as fuck, though.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Denver got legal weed and microbreweries all over the place delivering fresh beer to your doorstep, and yet it's supposedly not a top-10 city to be stuck inside. Very suspicious.

Lv99 Slacker

Oct 27, 2017
And Tumble22 just opened back up with curbside. And I got on the train early when Franklin's was doing curbside with a fifty dollar min and day of pickup!
HBLtuuG.jpg

Not bad. However, I'd pretty much have to spend close to $100 to be able to place an order. Still, I hope this is one of those changes that stays permanent post-COVID.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I love when you know who posted a thread before clicking.

Austin does just generally sound rad, though, OP.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017

As someone quarantined in San Jose....bruh. What is this. Does it not take cost of living into account. If I didn't live with my parents I'd be paying out the ass for a room where I do remote work for people in Georgia and Ohio and play video games all day. The majority of the places we normally do takeout from are closed too!