• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Sent by Sony? Broken streetdate? PS5 preview? Place your bets!

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would be a bit funny if somehow the only people able to break street date for DualSense are celebrities that can promote it...

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
User Warned - Thread Whining
Influencers have product before the general public we don't need a thread for every social media post for people who happen to have a Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 thing.

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These textures are so cool. But I always wonder when I see them how much did it add to the cost.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Influencers have product before the general public we don't need a thread for every social media post for people who happen to have a Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 thing.
I mean, this would be the first tech youtuber to get a hands-on with the controller at the very least.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Take this with a grain of salt, but there should be PS5 hands-on previews popping up sometime within the next 2 weeks.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
When did the media get their PS4 last time around? I would think most of the media should be getting their system within the week. Last time around DF uploaded their 1st comparison on October 28, so maybe we are not too far off now.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Using the symbols for the texturing is such a suave move. It's the little things that make something feel more premium, and that's definitely gonna be one of them on the 12th/19th (earlier for the controller only I guess).

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
You can always press the ignore button.
I mean, this would be the first tech youtuber to get a hands-on with the controller at the very least.
Ignore the threads, it ain't hard.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Like stop reading anything on the internet if it bothers you so much. Or cover your eyes with your hands as you browse any site.
Why would you want to suppress hype for video games on a video game forum?

I think you got them.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
These textures are so cool. But I always wonder when I see them how much did it add to the cost.
I think very little. Or at least not more than some rubberized finish.

Meanwhile, an actual physical texture to provide some extra grippy-ness is preferrable to any kind of rubberized finish / coating that might become sticky or peel off over time.

I believe the Xbox One controller does something similar (extra grip via texture, not coating)

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
...wait, the Dualsense has PS logo texturing?

That's fucking insane.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
No idea about the cost, but I think the texture is going to get clung up with dirt and stuff and/or start to wear really quick.

It would likely be easier to clean and last longer than some rubberized coating. It's really just like the texture on the DS4 which is just the molded plastic which likely isn't that deep...just enough so that it isn't smooth.

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017

Probably almost nothing; they would have had to design the mould for that part of the DualSense anyway so it would have been easy to use those shapes for it instead of the same texture that the DualShock 4 had.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they adopted the PS symbol texturing that they did on the 20th Anniversary PS4 controllers.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Those texture bumps are stylish and premium as hell.

I remember some people saying that it looks cheap like a "toy" - makes me laugh.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Hmm.. And MKBHD is asking for more info. Think only some people got them?

IT BEGINS! (Again...... Or no. It.. continues.. to continue.. slowly.)

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
At least nice to see them taking some close up photos of the controller rather than the same "here I am holding it" picture everyone else has done... I appreciate little details in design like that in my hardware.

sammyc

Jul 14, 2019
Loving the texture, looks like there's two layers, one more pronounced and overlapping the other.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I saw the thread title and immediately heard "Heeeey guys, this is Austin" in my head.

Edit: to be fair, he doesn't start videos this way anymore :)