• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Another black man saying "I can't breathe." while being murdered by police.

Javier Ambler was driving home from a friendly poker game in the early hours of March 28, 2019, when a Williamson County sheriff's deputy noticed that he failed to dim the headlights of his SUV to oncoming traffic.

Twenty-eight minutes later, the black father of two sons lay dying on a North Austin street after deputies held him down and used Tasers on him four times while a crew from A&E's reality show "Live PD" filmed.
Ambler, a 40-year-old former postal worker, repeatedly pleaded for mercy, telling deputies he had congestive heart failure and couldn't breathe. He cried, "Save me," before deputies deployed a final shock.

His death never made headlines.

The death in custody was a rumor here in Round Rock. No one knew for sure it had even occurred. Chodys obsession with Live PD is well known, however.

Days after Dick raised those concerns in 2019, Williamson County commissioners ended a contract with the show.

In March of this year, however, filming resumed when Chody signed his own agreement with producers, prompting commissioners to issue a "cease and desist" order to the sheriff's office.

Chody refused to comply, and in May, the county sued him.

"Sheriff Chody can perform the core duties of sheriff without the live TV show," the lawsuit said. "But he doesn't want to. Instead, Sheriff Chody seeks social media and TV exposure like a moth to a light bulb — and he's flown out of his job description to get back on TV."
For reference, Williamson county is a suburb of Austin TX.

A lot more enraging shit here:
www.statesman.com

Austin area police chase ends in death as ‘Live PD’ cameras roll

Javier Ambler was driving home from a friendly poker game in the early hours of March 28, 2019, when a Williamson...

Body Camera footage from another cop:

Also if anyone asks why he ran then I again direct you to the video above and the fact that he was murdered.

Last edited:

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
burn them

I wasn't going to watch
I actually said i wasn't going to watch.

but I had to hear his last words. I owe him that much.

and again I had to sit here and watch a man die.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
News never made headlines.

I don't even want to know what excuse they gave to his two young sons.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Hmm where are you from? I'm assuming somewhere in EU? If so, it's likely because the paper felt the tech investment for GDPR compliance wasn't worth it.

Europe, Netherlands. Yes.

Error code 16
This request was blocked by the security rules
2020-06-09 07:26:35 UTC
  • Your IP92.110.134.116
  • |Proxy IP45.60.154.191(ID 10458-100)
  • Origin Server IPN/A
Incident ID: 458000720020173498-46902705054683657

Please Note: We are temporarily unavailable to users from certain countries while we upgrade our site to implement new methods for data processing as required by applicable laws.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is so tragic. Him crying "save me" is just absolutely heart breaking. His family deserves justice :(

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
That's disgusting =(

Fucking listen to him, FFS. There's a world of difference between resisting arrest and the involuntary reactions people have as the life gets beaten out of them.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Before anyone asks why he didn't pull over, there's no denying that he was in fear for his life considering what happened.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you mean "end in murder". he was murdered. he didn't just die. this is how news headlines are written to avoid saying what really happened.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.gif

...there are no words. Jfc.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
The cop that tased him at the end should be thrown in prison. He was cooperative and pleading for medical attention, saying he had a heart condition, so the dude just fucking tased him.

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
I'M FUCKING REPOSTING MY SHIT AGAIN BECAUSE I'M LOSING MY MIND AND I CAN'T SCREAM WHERE I'M AT RIGHT NOW IN THIS CRUEL BABARIC JOKE OF A CIVILIZED WORLD

IF I HEAR ONE MORE PERSON TALKING ABOUT "protesting the right way" or "if you look into his background you can tell that he used to".....

I'MA FUCKING...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are black people protesting ?

To me, it's very simple.

Black people are not primarily protesting now because of what has happened the past 400 years.

Black people are protesting now because of what is still happening.

Black people are protesting now because their current reality is that the moment they stop protesting, they will be forced to go back to live a life that is simply no longer acceptably liveable.

A life is no longer acceptably liveable, when you are doomed to exist in a national environment, where the PERCEIVED constant risk of being mercilessly put down like an unwanted animal, is not the product of your own irrational fear, but a HEARTBREAKINGLY accurate risk-assessment analysis of your actual day to day experience.

Mind and soul. Under fire. Under a threat of lethal violence. Constantly.

PERCEIVED and HEARTBREAKINGLY.

Psychological and emotional.

Stress

Pressure

FEAR

Too much for too long and NOT a single sign of it ever stopping.

On and on. And on and on.

Just on and on, until the fear finally gets you.

And then your mind breaks. And your heart breaks.

And they win. And you lose.

And that will be the end.

UNLESS

YOU - FIGHT - BACK

Not just with words. Not just through voting. Not just through organizations.

YOU FIGHT BACK WITH EVERYTHING.

Because when you have next to nothing, and you have nothing because they really want you to have even less than that.

YOU FIGHT BACK WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT

Black people are not protesting because they are getting shot down, stabbed up, kicked around and spit on.

Black people are protesting because they can't breathe.

At all.

They can't afford to relax. They can't afford let their guard down. They can't afford to chill.

Ever.

Because when they do, they die.

OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND...

Because what's happening is really not about discrimination, profiling, stigmatization, stereotyping, and...

No. Just no.

Terrorism.

It's about terrorism.

An act of terror can kill a handful of people, but breed crippling fear into a population of millions.

Millions.

Stochastic terrorism.Trump. Institutional terrorism.The police. Structural terrorism. The prison system.

Physical terrorism. Dylan Roof.

Black people are the victims of a never ending terrorism attack.

T E R R O R I S M.

Always, everywhere, in the streets, in a shop, at work, even in their homes.

EVEN WHEN SLEEPING IN THEIR OWN HOMES.

That is why black people are protesting.

They are protesting because they can't sleep

They are are protesting because they can't take a walk

They are protesting because they can't work.

They are protesting because they can't sleep

They can't not even sleep in their own homes.

They can't afford to relax. They can't afford let their guard down. They can't afford to chill.

They - can't - breathe

They can't breathe and they don't want to die.

They want to live.

They want to be able to live and breathe.

Live and breathe and not die.

Like you, like me and everyone else.

They want to live.

They want to breathe

Breathe.

In and out.

Breathe.

Again and again.

And again and again.

Live
Breathe
And not die.

So why am I, a white man, writing this.
Why I am claiming to know why black people are protesting.

Like I said in the beginning.

To me, it's simple.

It's simple because If I was black, I would protest too.

Fight back with everything I had in me. Fight back in any way I could possibly, and even impossibly, fight back.

And I would not stop fighting.

I would not stop.

Not stop.

EVER

Not until I could live again, could breathe again, could sleep again.

No, not until I could sleep again and not die.

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
I am literally crying right now. I am so fucking tired of this shit. I have no words.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking heartbreaking. Tells them his medical condition, asks for help. They struggle with this man pleading for help that's panicking and ultimately cuff him and make their triumphant "One in custody" radio call only to realize he's dead. The idea of needing someone in bracelets trumping any medical concern that's going on is insane and always has been.

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
Fucking heartbreaking. Tells them his medical condition, asks for help. They struggle with this man pleading for help that's panicking and ultimately cuff him and make their triumphant "One in custody" radio call only to realize he's dead. The idea of needing someone in bracelets trumping any medical concern that's going on is insane and always has been.

The moment he said, PLEASE SAVE ME. i just lost it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck is this even a TV show? Fucking gross voyeur shit.
Because Cops is a popular TV show and other networks wanted in on that 30 year monopoly, which resulted in arguably worse renditions of cop reality TV because at the very least, Cops tried to frame itself as more of a documentary rather than straight up reality TV.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
He died under the subjugation of cops while some trash TV camera crew were filming him? And nothing happened? If you need anymore proof that the system is complicit.

Apr 25, 2020
The death in custody was a rumor here in Round Rock. No one knew for sure it had even occurred. Chodys obsession with Live PD is well known, however.

For reference, Williamson county is a suburb of Austin TX.

A lot more enraging shit here:
www.statesman.com

Austin area police chase ends in death as ‘Live PD’ cameras roll

Javier Ambler was driving home from a friendly poker game in the early hours of March 28, 2019, when a Williamson...

Body Camera footage from another cop:

Also if anyone asks why he ran then I again direct you to the video above and the fact that he was murdered.

Welp, off we go again. What's his name? Javier Ambler.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I'm so fucking mad. As an Asian living in Japan. I've heard about the polices in America but didn't think it was this bad...
The polices in Japan are so much different compared to this...

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Live PD is insanely awful and always has been. So is COPS, by the way.

Listen to the podcast "Running from Cops" if you want to understand how these shows have been contributing to this problem for decades.

OP
OP
Fiction

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I live in Williamson county, and the amount of people who just run with their brights on constantly is insane. If it's a law this is like the first time anyone was pulled over for it. I thought cause I grew up in the middle of nowhere and actually had to use brights (you aren't supposed to use them when there are street lights, so in cities they shouldn't be used at all)

Yes, you are supposed to click them off if there is oncoming traffic. But...I doubt anyone else has ever been cited for it.

OP
OP
Fiction

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico