• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly there's been a stomach bug going around for the past few weeks anyway...

Oct 26, 2017
Supposedly there's been a stomach bug going around for the past few weeks anyway...

There has and two of my three kids have had it pass.

I'm highly anxious with all this because i have a pinched nerve / back problem that has triggered bloat , heart burn and abdominal pain so im paranoid as heck as to whether or not any water i did not boil well enough is messing with me or if those symptoms are unrelated.

This week sucks so bad.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
They say laundry is fine, but if water actually starts looking dirty then I don't want to put my nicer clothes through that.

Definitely don't use tap water to brush your teeth.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
The toothbrush thing is way harder than you'd think because it's such an early age ingrained routine. I accidentally wetted mine in Peru and went "fuck!", tossed it, and shared with my wife.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is probably the most obnoxious spam text I've gotten so far. They couldn't even get the name right.

gZU4tall.jpg

My phone has also been ringing constantly with unknown 512 and 737 numbers since yesterday morning.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Just to clarify, laundry and showers are safe?

Thanks , guys. Please be safe.

• IS THE WATER SAFE FOR WASHING DISHES, LAUNDRY, AND BATHING?
    The water is safe for washing dishes, but you should use hot, soapy water and rinse dishes in boiled water. There are no restrictions on doing laundry. The water is also safe for bathing.

Showering and laundry are safe to do. If you have more questions, here's a link to the FAQ.

Stay safe, ladies and gents.

Oct 26, 2017
Doctor visit said I show symptoms of exposure to the nirovirus. I was up all night with a growling stomach and more. We were concerned it was related to some back issues in having at the moment but they weren't.

Ugh, screw this week so much

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Ugggh, what good is opting out of these texts when they share your number with every single campaign and send from a different number each time?

I don't even live in your fucking district.

jObD0OBl.jpg

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Went to Amy's Ice Cream last night and saw that they can't do crushin's anymore due to the water thing. they could only do toppings instead. they even removed the mixing board they have right in front where they usually mix in all the stuffs.

this was the last straw. Austin get your shit together!

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
So what are some good small satellite suburbs that have things like high speed internet now that it seems likely Amazon is bringing out the gentrification hammer?

Never mind its going to Queens

Last edited:

Seven

Oct 25, 2017
Austin
So I've lived in Austin a few years, but just made a big move from Round Rock back to the city. Any meet ups or get togethers for Austin Era anytime soon?

SolmisateSol

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone know the most inexpensive place to buy a christmas tree in Austin? Last year I bought mine at HEB for around 90 bucks, seemed expensive but I really have no idea what the market for trees is like nowdays.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Oh so that place is in the ramen tatsu-ya east location? That place is nice. Been there loads of times. Love the decor. Right by the office so I'll probably hit it up soon.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the new Apple campus is gonna make it hard to avoid the "South Dallas" jokes.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Figure I'll put this up here: If you know anyone looking for a room to rent in the next month or so, let me know. $750/mo near the Arboretum.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Drove from SAS back home during lunch to spend the new year countdown with the wife and it smelled so bad.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
Drove from SAS back home during lunch to spend the new year countdown with the wife and it smelled so bad.

Realize this is a bit late, but there any federal employees out there getting screwed by the furlough hopdoddy is giving away free food for today, January 23rd. If you show them your government ID.

They're also doing 25% off until the shutdown ends going forward

CursedOctopus

Oct 27, 2017
That's cool. Madam Mam's was doing 30% off government workers until the shutdown ends, at least that was at the Brodie location.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I would hope they attract downtown culture people, but in reality it will probably be a mix of suburban commuters, Austin commuters, and urban residents. That's 5k more google employees but with these types of jobs the net impact is 3x to 5x for spouses, kids, and various support jobs (food, retail, transit, doctors etc).

Moreover having a flagship dev company in the heart of downtown will lead to others establishing bases.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Medium term I feel like those that want the suburban experience are going to end up east. Just need a proper road system to get to manor and all that land along 130.

Pflugerville is filling up. Once the extra territory is officially part of the city we will be at 100k pop and expected to top off at 130. Hutto is basically the new pflugerville. Not sure how much further north people will be willing to commute. Taylor maybe the cutoff distance. So east makes sense next.

OP
OP
Timeaisis

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I would hope they attract downtown culture people, but in reality it will probably be a mix of suburban commuters, Austin commuters, and urban residents. That's 5k more google employees but with these types of jobs the net impact is 3x to 5x for spouses, kids, and various support jobs (food, retail, transit, doctors etc).

Moreover having a flagship dev company in the heart of downtown will lead to others establishing bases.
South????

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
The Lakeline area is getting so dense. Between Apple and now this, it's just gonna keep getting worse :(

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I guess southeast could grow. Southwest is rich territory. Bee cave and circle c housing is like nearly a million. Hill country goes further east down there, and rich people will pay for the view.

My wife was so fed up with her commute that we looked at moving to circle c but having driven there we saw that it takes 15 minutes to get out of clusters of neighborhoods and for us to spend 20k on property taxes per year. Also any mundane errand to Walgreens or heb is a 15 minute trip instead of a 5.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Living 2-3 minutes from the highway is one of the best things ever.