• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I see Booker T had his weekly bad opinion. Claiming Mandy Rose is ready to be called back up and be inserted right into the top echelon of women there as she has "proven she is a great worker".

I mean sure if you ignore the facts that she sandbagged Sarray, can't deliver a promo worth a damn, and has had zero memorable matches since going down to NXT.

aye, maybe Mandy will have a good match against Zoey Starks tonight! One way to find out! This might be the week!

y o u' l l

n e v e r

k n o w

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Did you have any source for this though?
Article on Fightful, if I recall. He had mentioned if he signed them to long term deals, he wouldn't release them if they wanted to go to WWE.

In other news, Mio (not Io/Iyo) Shirai has outed herself as an idiot, as she's questioning if the COVID vaccine actually helps people or not.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
This G1, while predictable for the most part, definitely felt like a slow return to form for NJPW. Overall quite entertaining with crowds more enthusiastic than before.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
For those who wanted an update about Brandi Rhodes, Fightful Select has one.

Things have been quiet on the Brandi Rhodes end of things since she and her husband Cody left AEW earlier this year. We'd reported in the past that Brandi has maintained a good relationship with WWE of late, and had pushed for KultureCity and WWE to form a partnership. However, we've learned it's a little deeper than that.

Fightful has confirmed that Brandi Rhodes was at the WWE Performance Center recently. While we haven't heard that she's signed any deal with the company one way or another, it wasn't simply for a visit. We're told that Brandi competed in a match at a PC Live event. We don't have details on who she faced, but it was said to have been a "newer talent," though we're working to confirm that. The event took place August 12, and she was seen at the PC prior to that.

Rhodes last wrestled in January, taking on KiLynn King in AEW. We've been told she's continued to wrestle at the Nightmare Factory.

Brandi getting ready to put out 5 star matches on Raw lol

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Just saw Shelton rating wrestling scenes from Insider's youtube channel, some nice insight on the moves + giving Shelton the spotlight is always a positive thing

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Article on Fightful, if I recall. He had mentioned if he signed them to long term deals, he wouldn't release them if they wanted to go to WWE.

So, here's what he said actually, and what Fightful also reported:

"There are a lot of changes in pro wrestling. I think it's going to be really positive for the fans overall. I am a little amused that changes in the competition, people think it's going to magically change the landscape. Some of these accounts, Twitter can be a fun place to follow, but some of the narratives I've seen every day for the last week are really amusing to me. I've got people signed here for five years and people think that just because the CEO, Chairman, head of creative, those people changed in the competition, people I have five-year contracts with are going to magically switch teams? Good luck with that. Adam Cole is signed until 2027 now. I wouldn't expect to see him going anywhere anytime soon. Malakai Black has almost five years left on his deal. I wouldn't expect him going anywhere anytime soon. Just because these guys had some success under a previous administration somewhere else, they're not magically going to be going anywhere. Those are two people I like, just as examples of people who have worked under the previous administration. I'm very amused by that. That's a narrative I see so-called wrestling writers pushing every day. It's pretty amusing," he said on Busted Open Radio.

He never once said anything about how he would treat anyone who wanted out of their contract. Just that there are contracts in place, and if anyone expects something to change just because Vince is gone, then good luck with that.

Now, I also fully expect that it wouldn't be an immediate/straightforward affair if someone did want to go, but there is IMO a prettttty big difference between what you implied Khan said and what actually happened. Also, realistically, what would you expect? Him to say that yeah sure we got these 5-year contracts, but feel free to sign these people away?

Last edited:

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the evidence we have seen so far AEW/TK's view on contracts is simple, they will fulfill the entire contract barring any serious issues (like the Jimmy Havoc situation), and they expect the talent to fulfill the entire contract. It's completely different from WWE's long standing situation where every contract is nothing more than a shifting 90 day contract on their end, but talent is expected to fulfill the entire contract

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unless TK wanted AEW to look like a farming league, why would he let anyone out of their contracts each time the WWE knocked at the door?

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
I see Booker T had his weekly bad opinion. Claiming Mandy Rose is ready to be called back up and be inserted right into the top echelon of women there as she has "proven she is a great worker".

I mean sure if you ignore the facts that she sandbagged Sarray, can't deliver a promo worth a damn, and has had zero memorable matches since going down to NXT.

Mandy is clearly fed up with being in NXT too. She's been on autopilot for a few weeks and does a bad job hiding it.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Mandy is clearly fed up with being in NXT too. She's been on autopilot for a few weeks and does a bad job hiding it.
She only really started to phone it in once Vince stepped down. She probably realized her career in WWE as a whole is fucked now because she was clearly a Vince project. And Triple H doesn't make decisions based solely on how hot that woman is.

It's still amazing how people kept claiming Sarray was the reason why Mandy has looked and acted like shit for the past couple of weeks, when Mandy has said she doesn't want to be in NXT anymore.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: antagonising other members
So, here's what he said actually, and what Fightful also reported:

He never once said anything about how he would treat anyone who wanted out of their contract. Just that there are contracts in place, and if anyone expects something to change just because Vince is gone, then good luck with that.

Now, I also fully expect that it wouldn't be an immediate/straightforward affair if someone did want to go, but there is IMO a prettttty big difference between what you implied Khan said and what actually happened. Also, realistically, what would you expect? Him to say that yeah sure we got these 5-year contracts, but feel free to sign these people away?

It's just MarkStarIVWWE making shit up to fit their narrative about how much they hate AEW.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
FaUJpFqWQAAuebB

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
NXT could be seeing some shift in the roster as WWE has in recent weeks.

Fightful was told to expect tonight's NXT Heatwave show to be newsworthy, and that "several wheels were in motion," already with changes to NXT. We're told that a lot of things are being settled as far as who will appear on the show or move up.

In addition, we've heard a lot of chatter about NXT UK talent popping up on NXT TV in the near future, with Tyler Bate discussed internally. Bate hasn't wrestled since April, and he's been one of several names we've heard brought up in regards to NXT UK talent being integrated or featured more on NXT TV. We haven't been told of anything firm as of yet.

Fightful Report on NXT.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like most of the people in NXT UK should be on Raw or Smackdown.

I can see Santos, Mandy and Carmelo losing tonight and getting the call up. Don't really watch NXT UK so other than Ilja Dragunov and Meiko Satomura I'm not sure who's good over there.

Edit: Giovanni is also really good imo, but he might need more solo character work before they call him up.

Last edited:

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
What's the opinons on Bear Country? I just saw for the first time on Dark. The crowd and youtube chat seemed to love them. The match looked kinda bleh to me, but that could just be the enhancement talent not being up to snuff. Bear did make a nice recovery from one of the botches tho.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Santos Escobar is gone from NXT. I can see them putting him on Raw. Also Blair Davenport is on NXT. Feels like they are moving all the NXT UK people over.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Tyler Bate should've been on the main roster years ago.

Like in a world and company that made logical decisions, he should've been on the main roster years ago.

They're unifying the UK titles?

BANGER ALERT MEIKO VS MANDY PAGING DarkstarIV

Last edited: