• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
First night of Levesque booking: start with a car crash. Which was a Vince thing. So much for the Vince-less era of WWE....

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
You say that, meanwhile AEW fans complain about how much Adam Cole is on the show
CM Punk spent what felt like months coming out to say hello to the audience and is a wounded champ who didn't forfeit the belt, Malakai is in one of the hypest factions, Danielson hypest faction formed, and Swerve and Lee are already tag champs after being thrown together.

Oct 8, 2019
First night of Levesque booking: start with a car crash. Which was a Vince thing. So much for the Vince-less era of WWE....

uh do you think Vince invented using cars in wrestling shows? The problem with Vince wasnt that he had car crashes on his tv show, the problem with Vince was the fact that he fired half his main event, fired most of the midcard, and fired some of his best workers, while leaving Dana Brookes who has been wrestling for years and still wrestles like a celebrity who worked out for a month.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
uh do you think Vince invented using cars in wrestling shows? The problem with Vince wasnt that he had car crashes on his tv show, the problem with Vince was the fact that he fired half his main event, fired most of the midcard, and fired some of his best workers, while leaving Dana Brookes who has been wrestling for years and still wrestles like a celebrity who worked out for a month.
Vince didn't invent them, but he sure used them a lot. As an aside, it's funny you mention Dana Brooke celebrity reference, when WWE hired a celebrity who wrestles better despite being there within a month.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Would be funny if they used The Way to push Theory as a champion

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Ow, my eyes. I know it's midnight, but it literally hurt my eyes to watch this for more than 10-12 seconds. Just too much bouncing around the screen.

View: https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1556848345158545409?s=20&t=6bdE-ZyHKZksTw2_tui2Rg

Wtf, was this last night?

No amount of ousting shitbags, improving company morals, roster changes, or booking improvements is going to make me watch a shittily produced product that still gives me a damn headache.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Damn HHH shut that Ezekiel shit down real quick and with his favorite son no less.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
I read somewhere that Lacy Evens isn't being used cause she was Vince favorite female wrestler could be let go since doesn't she have heat with other female wrestlers?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If this was the attitude era, they would have totally changed the gimmick of Dom Mysterio to Sub Mysterio or Dominated Mysterio

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Even when 3-hour Raw was good in 2012/2013 through Mania 30, it was still 3 hours and had a ton of filler between cool Shield matches. I'm sure H will do his best, but it's just hard to book a consistently interesting 3-hour show. Godspeed, folks.

Yep. At least it went from "totally disgusting unwatchable shit" to "eh, let's see what's going on on this particular minute as I grab something to eat"

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
The first thing HHH should have done is axe the camera cuts. That was my #1 problem with WWE. It's hard to actually watch.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Ibushi wants to make a trip to AEW and reunite with Kenny

FZvIUb5aQAUK0KB

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The Golden Love Triangle between Hangman, Kenny and Kota will elevate AEW viewership above Raw

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how Kevin Dunn is not fired yet
I like to think that Vince gave Dunn a lifetime contract with a ludicrously high golden parachute if he's ever fired, so they have no choice but to keep him on till he quits or dies. And he wants to stick around to keep Vince's "vision" of wrestling sports entertainment alive.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
I don't know who Dexter Lumis is, but I feel like they just did a way better version of whatever Kip Sabian has been trying to do for the past year in a single night.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
That's not really shocking. The family running the company are huge fans of him. They likely surround themselves with people who believe the something.

C4tldQhWMAAaqRF.0.jpg

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017

WWE doesn't get political, unless it's backstage on a production truck.

The pandemic was certainly a weird time, and left WWE in an unusual situation where they were forced into studio wrestling. First it was at the WWE Performance Center, then at Amway Arena, and finally Tropicana Field in Tampa Bay.

It was at WWE's Thunderdome that something caught the eye of staff and talent. A production truck -- led by Kevin Dunn -- adorned with a crudely duct taped "Trump 2020" flag on the side of it. One talent told us that in the midst of constant cuts, it was just a day that reminded them that "the talent didn't matter to the higher ups." The photo was taken at the Tropicana Field Thunderdome, which would have been while President Trump was publicly denying the results of the 2020 election. WWE did not utilize the Tropicana Thunderdome prior to the election. We're told that the flag was posted in December 2020, and that Dunn himself was sidelined from work for several weeks to start 2021.

One source that aided in confirming the news said that the promo that Vince McMahon had Titus O'Neil cut kick off WWE Raw in July stating "WWE doesn't do politics" frustrated them after seeing this on a production truck. Fightful had first heard of this in early 2021, but were not able to verify it until this month.

There's no way of knowing who physically posted the flag, or asked for it to be put up, but we did hear that it was a truck ran by Kevin Dunn. Word had made its way through the company, and the photo that you see above had also made its way through to staff and talent last year. Those that physically saw it confirmed that it was a WWE production truck located past an area where they would get their temperature taken before entering the actual Thunderdome to work.

One talent we spoke to said that they'd bet that Vince McMahon probably didn't know this happened. Another said that during that era, Vince McMahon would often be in his office throughout the day when he was there, and emerged much less than before and after the Thunderdome era. Despite his clear friendship and allegiance to Donald Trump, most talent we spoke to didn't believe McMahon would have wanted this as a part of the backstage atmosphere. There were sources that had indicated that Dunn had made his political beliefs known in their presence, which Vince McMahon would generally actively discourage.

While talent expected Kevin Dunn to be let go with the McMahon-Laurinaitis regime change, Triple H has said that Dunn figured into a big part of WWE's future. About a half dozen WWE talent we've spoken to pointed out the production style as something they're hoping would change in the near future. Specifically, one top talent and one former talent said that the reasoning they're given for some of WWE's production aspects undermine their in-ring work. We've also been told that WWE doesn't believe they have anyone currently that could replace Dunn, as the likeliest candidate was let go during a prior round of layoffs, and a return isn't likely based on how the exit went down.

We've been told as of now, Dunn is expected to remain with the company.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who Dexter Lumis is, but I feel like they just did a way better version of whatever Kip Sabian has been trying to do for the past year in a single night.
Lumis is a bad rip off of the character Dexter Morgan. I have no idea what Kip Sabian is trying to do/be, but I'm pretty sure it's not a serial killer