• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean why would any woman want to be in the AEW Women's Division at this point? I mean for gods sake, its already starting to cycle back around to Britt challenging Rosa for the title (and probably winning it). And Tony has shown he doesn't give a shit about you unless your name is Britt or Jade.

View: https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1556702675487670275

Dang, I wasn't expecting WWE to kill off Johnny Ace, but okay. Him getting fired sure, but killed off? That's extreme, pal.

I found funny how not many people complained when they threw a match between Hikaru Shida vs Emi Sakura on a youtube show that was only used to promote a feud between Jade Cargill and Madison Rayne

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Karrion Kross & Scarlett are back in WWE.

Fightful learned last week that talks with the two had picked up, though they'd claimed as of Monday when we reached out for a separate story that they'd not yet been contacted. For those asking about their MLW status, the two were never signed to MLW contracts, and despite being advertised for the CYN live tour, had not committed to those dates, either.

Triple H is a big supporter of Karrion Kross and Scarlett, and was said to have been "dismayed" by his handling on the WWE main roster last year. The duo have appeared on the company's internal roster today, positioned as the #2 heels on Smackdown behind Roman Reigns.

We're told that Kross was adamant outside of WWE that Scarlett remain a part of his presentation, to the point he passed up an AEW match with Wardlow. He didn't want his presentation moving forward to be reminiscent of the Raw run that left a bad taste in people's mouths.

Fightful Report on Karrion Kross and Scarlett.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah AEW needs to do better building women to make the division more attractive for potential hires

But no doubt WWE is gonna kill them here with hhh in charge.

I dont know why khan doesnt have someone run the womens division for him

I also think we need an extra hour of rampage and a more premiere timeslot if we're going to see more women and trios feuds happen. I still think a womens tag scene is necessary but maybe not rn

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
There's a lot of good stuff happening on AEW TV right now, but with TV time at a premium, you're left with acts like Miro and Andrade scraping for TV time and just waiting their turn.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Wasn't Miro on TV last week and Andrade this week? Although I guess Miro has mostly been promos.

Miro had a promo and Andrade is wrestling in a tag match this week that should hopefully bang. They're slow playing the Miro corruption story with the House of Black. I imagine it will culminate at All Out, and that we might get a Miro appearance this week during the Brody/Darby coffin match.

Oct 8, 2019
There's a lot of good stuff happening on AEW TV right now, but with TV time at a premium, you're left with acts like Miro and Andrade scraping for TV time and just waiting their turn.
Gotta make room for Christian vs Hardy.

AEW has one show that gets about a million views, is 2 hours long and the rest have a massive viewership dropoff, they have some of the best wrestlers in the world meanwhile Tony Khan just booked an Homage to Heroes of Wrestling. I was dumbstruck when I saw that Tony Khan booked a Matt Hardy vs Christian match in 2022.

Tony Khan can find room for a match on Dynamite for Matt Hardy but not Athena or Toni Storm?

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017

View: https://www.instagram.com/tv/ChAnn5PJO5b/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

From Variety:

Vice TV is expanding its pro wrestling docuseries offerings with a new show from the "Dark Side of the Ring" team and Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia's Seven Bucks Productions.

The series is titled "Tales from the Territories" and will delve into the time in wrestling when the industry was divided into smaller, territory based organizations. The new series will debut Oct. 4 at 10 p.m. ET. Watch a new trailer for the show below.

"The wrestling business is filled with nuanced relationships and there's a phenomenal history that we know fans are going to enjoy," said Brian Gewirtz, senior vice president of creative development for Seven Bucks Productions and former head writer at WWE. "In many ways the wrestling world is a family, they have great moments, tough times and everything in-between. There's a rich history of untold stories which we can't wait to bring to life."

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.instagram.com/tv/ChAnn5PJO5b/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

From Variety:

Vice TV is expanding its pro wrestling docuseries offerings with a new show from the "Dark Side of the Ring" team and Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia's Seven Bucks Productions.

The series is titled "Tales from the Territories" and will delve into the time in wrestling when the industry was divided into smaller, territory based organizations. The new series will debut Oct. 4 at 10 p.m. ET. Watch a new trailer for the show below.

"The wrestling business is filled with nuanced relationships and there's a phenomenal history that we know fans are going to enjoy," said Brian Gewirtz, senior vice president of creative development for Seven Bucks Productions and former head writer at WWE. "In many ways the wrestling world is a family, they have great moments, tough times and everything in-between. There's a rich history of untold stories which we can't wait to bring to life."

I'm ok with this as long as there's no WWE involvement, and Dwayne gets to shoot.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

Only reason Miro isn't on TV is because God was still under contract to WWE

955f0-1523445669-800.jpg

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Fightful has confirmed PWInsider's report that John Laurinaitis has been fired by WWE. However, was still looped in to company emails, Fightful Select is told.

That stopped briefly after Triple H was appointed the EVP of Talent relations, but he has re-emerged on internal mailing lists.

John Laurinaitis was placed on administrative leave amid board investigations (while Vince McMahon wasn't, but later retired), and his duties of Head of Talent Relations had been assumed by Bruce Prichard. Fightful Select was informed last week that Laurinaitis was still included in a series of emails that go out to a wide array of WWE names. However, we've not heard of any additional correspondence from his side. That changed starting with the July 22 episode of WWE Smackdown, where he was no longer included. However, he quickly returned to said lists the following week, where he has remained. We're told that the emails do include "sensitive information pertaining to creative, and personnel."

Fightful was repeatedly told by talent and staff that they don't expect Lauriniatis back, with several outright admitting their excitement that he's gone, and that they won't have to deal with him any more. One top WWE name referred to Laurinaitis as "the biggest snake in the business" as everything unfolded.

We're told that this is somewhat common among recent WWE departures.

Laurinaitis name was on an internal WWE termination list, in which Vince McMahon was also included.

Fightful confirming the Laurinaitis news along with some tidbits.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
"…several outright admitting their excitement that he's gone, and that they won't have to deal with him any more. One top WWE name referred to Laurinaitis as "the biggest snake in the business" as everything unfolded."

Sounds about right.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Johnny Ace has been an snake in both AJPW and the WWE which is quite impressive considering that this was in different eras and cultures

Oct 8, 2019
"…several outright admitting their excitement that he's gone, and that they won't have to deal with him any more. One top WWE name referred to Laurinaitis as "the biggest snake in the business" as everything unfolded."

Sounds about right.

Jim Cornette told John Lauriniaitis that the Shane Twins were too horrible to wrestle in front of the OVW audience and were so bad that they exposed the business, Laurinaitis moved them to Deep South and within a year had brought them up to the main roster as Gymini.

The Shane Twins were best known for their stint in TNA as the Johnsons, Richard Johnson, and Rod Johnson

maxresdefault.jpg

Jim Cornette hated John Laurinaitis for his sheer incompetency so much Cornette refused to speak to Laurinaitis again despite running their developmental program at OVW.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be John Morrison lol. I'll put the update up as soon as i get the email unless someone else does before me.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
WWE is staying aggressive, and has a list of talent they hope to reach out to.

Fightful Select has learned that Dexter Lumis is among the talent that has been internally discussed to be brought back to the company. Fightful has even heard that higher ups were planning to reach out to Lumis himself last week.

Lumis was released in April, and has sparingly worked dates since then. He competed in the NWA World Heavyweight Title match at June's "Alwayz Ready" show, and also worked a television taping match following that.

For those of you asking about Johnny Gargano, Fightful has heard at the very least that Shawn Michaels was tasked with reaching out to Gargano shortly after the turnover in management. We haven't heard of any details or how the conversation went, but that Shawn Michaels was to be in contact with the former NXT Champion.

Gargano and Lumis were a party of the popular stable "The Way," along with Austin Theory, Indi Hartwell and Candice LeRae.

So don't expect Johnny tonight.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I haven't kept up with the NXT's lately in awhile. Is Indi main roster ready? lol I've only seen that CM Punk like springboard botch she had a bit ago and I recall her being a lesser Raquel Rodriguez. Curious to see if they're trying to reassemble The Way.
She's not really main roster ready, but I don't think she ever will be either, so if they are going to keep her around, may as well call her up now. Bayley likes her at least.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Getting the book and money resources of WWE and going after Kross and Lumis is definitely a choice.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Getting the book and money resources of WWE and going after Kross and Lumis is definitely a choice.

At least Lumis was entertaining with his mute serial killer who happens to be a gifted artist gimmick. Him being a mute had more charisma than Kross. I get why Karrion Kross was brought back but man...just please don't bring back Braun Strowman.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Lumis lived the gimmick, and I respect that a surprising amount
solid midcard hand, albeit a bit old.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
At least Lumis was entertaining with his mute serial killer who happens to be a gifted artist gimmick. Him being a mute had more charisma than Kross. I get why Karrion Kross was brought back but man...just please don't bring back Braun Strowman.
Both are already in their late 30's and have little or no name/star value. I just don't agree with investing in that

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
I am not big on Kross, but the way he came across on Smackdown made him feel very correct for WWE main roster - that double act with Scarlett is a hell of a thing and he didn't look out of place with Drew and Roman.

However, this isn't NXT, he doesn't have a 'next level' for when he's ready. If he can't produce in big matches, Scarlett won't help him.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Lumis lived the gimmick, and I respect that a surprising amount
solid midcard hand, albeit a bit old.

Yeah I believe his peak years are behind him and he was given a shitty gimmick from the start but like you said, he made the most out of it and provided some funny moments during his time in NXT. Plus he's pretty much solid to be a mid-card/character actor which isn't such a bad thing to have on your roster.

Both are already in their late 30's and have little or no name/star value. I just don't agree with investing in that

I also don't agree with Karrion Kross being brought back. However it will be funny to see Triple H fail twice on establishing him as a main eventer. I don't think Lumis will be propelled up but he does have a role that he showcased during the dying days of NXT. Obviously both men weren't offered gigantic contracts and are probably just happy to be on national TV with someone who won't screw them up.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kross is a super eh to me and lumis only has so mileage but bringing them back for easy pops and easy internal/external advertisement that this is the trip era makes sense. Ultimately the outside talent pool has been drained and there can only be so much reshuffling and call ups (and you gotta space out the call ups too to maximize effect.)

Oct 8, 2019

The problem Triple H has is that Tony Khan did what Vince did when AEW started which was a mass hiring of all the talent available. The result is that WWE cant fill out 5 hours of shows, and AEW is having talent complain about their lack of tv time. You cant bring back the Undisputed Era, Swerve, Keith Lee, Toni Storm, Ember Moon, because all of them got signed by AEW.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Imagine. Rey is on the ropes against Finn. All hope seems lost. Dominik looks on at ringside with dejection and mild indifference in his fishlike eyes. When suddenly... this hits. The cavalry has arrived.

www.youtube.com

Eva Marie new entrance

"Copyright disclaimer under section 107 of the copyright act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news, reporting,...

The WWE Universe™ fans go wild. The EvaLution is here but for real this time.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
I'd take Morrison and his wife back tbh, he is a good worked and an all rounder who can fit different type of feuds from comedy to high caliber good matches. As far as I know he is still working as a freelancer without a proper contract? Kross just doesn't do it for me, he always seems like an angry guy who tries to hard to do a mean face and his matches are forgettable.
Lumis is good for what he does...not sure why they fired him in the first place since I don't think they paid him a lot and there were far worse guys than him on NXT but who knows

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Ezekiel and Omos are on Raw tonight lol. Dana & Tamina are jobbing to Iyo and Dakota in the tournament as well.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love how Bianca whips her hair while running like she is Tails