• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
TIL Shawn Michaels has the final say on NXT UK

So maybe he really hates Sarray lol

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
With how absurdly thin both the Smackdown women's roster and the women's tag division are at the moment I'd say a cool year or two maybe.
I would be shocked if Toxic Attraction even wins many matches on the main roster. Mandy hasn't improved at all while being down there, and Jacy and Gigi have been really really rough on their own, and their gimmick is pretty goddamn bad. It's very clear Toxic Attraction was a Vince mandate.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
oh for sure, Mandy's ambitions of the main roster title scene are uhhhhhh optimistic
Like I said, I think it's incredibly likely Toxic Attraction's ceiling is basically being used to put over anyone higher than lower midcard. They will probably scrape out a win or two early on in their main roster careers, but none of them can cut a promo, nor do they have any real charisma.

It's why I'm baffled Mandy seems to have this idea that she's going to get called up and win the RAW or Smackdown Women's title fairly quickly. She was clearly a Vince project and not a Triple H project.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
I think the new few women getting called up to the main roster will feel like they were chosen randomly. It's still going to be a lottery where somebody like Maxine Dupree got picked to fit in with a gimmick instead of say, Zoey Stark getting chosen for a new babyface push.

Also I'm kind of amazed at how much of a swing and a miss JD McDonagh has been with his gimmick. Even divorcing Devlin from Speaking Out and looking at him as just a performer, there is a complete disconnect from what he thinks he is doing and what it actually looks like in front of everybody. It's not working at all and I don't think the lack of reaction to him right now has anything to do with the SO allegations.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
The event as far as a business transaction was a big success. It would have to be called the second biggest independent pro wrestling show in the U.S of modern times. Aside from The Young Bucks & Cody Rhodes original All In show in 2018 in Chicago, it was the most successful independent event of this generation. It drew more than 6,800 fans with a gate of $448,502. The gate would be the second largest indie gate ever in North America, with the record being All In at 10,541 paid and $458,525–although the All In number could have been far higher than that potentially since the Flair show was not a sellout and All In sold all of its tickets in 30 minutes on the first day they were put on sale. Aside from All In, WCW, WWE and AEW, that gate number was never hit previously in pro wrestling history in the U.S. As far as an indie show doing 6,800 fans paid in the U.S., aside from All Out, there was a 2013 show at the Los Angeles Sports Arena that drew 7,000 with El Hijo del Santo & L.A. Park & Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs. Cien Caras Jr. & Blue Demon Jr. & Dr. Wagner Jr., but the gate would have been nowhere close to that one. Jacques Rougeau Jr. had bigger crowds when he promoted his retirement show as well as is own promotion at the Bell Center in Montreal many years back. The show did between 20,000 and 25,000 in streaming PPV buys and about 4,200 more in television cable buys, which has to be considered a success for a promotion an event that had no television promotion. The only promotions with a show not promoted on national television that ever beat this number would have been All In (55,000) and when Pancrase was billing itself as pro wrestling and SEG did a taped show (60,000).

surprisingly many people bought into this bullshit

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People really wanted to see an old man dying in the ring

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Yesterday's NXT UK episode is officially the lowest rated televised (or streamed) wrestling show this year so far, sitting at 1.13/10 on Cagematch, and averaging less than 1 (out of 10) on most sites.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't rate the only match I was curious about, the Flair one. I needed the laugh.

Also, Finlay Jr giving out two 4 star matches in a week. He's improved so much over the last couple of years, it's time more people paid attention.

I thought he was fine in his AEW match as well. Him and Juice were really good during the pandemic as a tag team on Impact as well.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
surprisingly many people bought into this bullshit

People still care about Ric Flair, whether it's to see something historic as his last match in a ring or at minimum watch a good card and the potential of him dying in the ring. I didn't see the card and I'm not gonna try to find somewhere to watch it. It just doesn't sit well with me after all that was publicized last year.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That clip proves that a song can be a pos musically, but good when put together with wrestling clips. It makes no sense.
A good piece of music for a piece of entertainment doesn't always mean it's something you are usually I to.

I'm primarily into Metal and synthwave but there have been plenty of music that I have really appreciated because of its use in other media and it has fit extremely well.

Judas isn't a song I would particularly feel like listening to but as a Wrestlers entrance music it's fantastic.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
A good piece of music for a piece of entertainment doesn't always mean it's something you are usually I to.

I'm primarily into Metal and synthwave but there have been plenty of music that I have really appreciated because of its use in other media and it has fit extremely well.

Judas isn't a song I would particularly feel like listening to but as a Wrestlers entrance music it's fantastic.

Your Judas example makes perfect sense because that song is a ghost-written-corny-AF song. But that nu metal song is really baaaaaaaad. Yet I still think it was one of the best Raw intros, just short of the classic intro. 😆

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
Your Judas example makes perfect sense because that song is a ghost-written-corny-AF song. But that nu metal song is really baaaaaaaad. Yet I still think it was one of the best Raw intros, just short of the classic intro. 😆
My god yes. Fozzy's entire discography is absolutely horrid (flacid fist pumping rock made for those Wacken audience shots that show the 'brotherhood of metal' or whatever) and yet goddamn Judas just works.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Graves on his podcast this morning said he plans to get Dakota Kai and IYO SKY on the show to talk about their wrestling careers, time in WWE and on the indies, etc when they have the time.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Judas should be a really cool stadium song, would be interesting to hear it in a big building if AEW holds a show in a football stadium

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Logan Paul, in his second match, carried that bum miz to one of the only 4 star matches of his 12+ year career

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Logan Paul to the rest of the roster

P770LXJ.jpg

• Bianca Belair (c) vs. Becky Lynch ****
  • Logan Paul vs. The Miz ****
  • Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Theory *1/2
  • The Mysterios vs. Judgment Day ***1/2
  • Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin ***
  • The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits ***1/2
  • Liv Morgan (c) vs. Ronda Rousey *
  • Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar ****1/2

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Now feed him to Ciampa, and then Gargano.

TK gonna have to expedite Omega/Okada at All Out and it just won't be enough

If Logan got 4 stars out of Miz

we're looking at 4.75 MINIMUM if he gets in the ring with an AJ or Ciampa who can actually work

Logan vs Ishii at the Tokyo Dome

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, considering how good Paul has looked against such 5* generals as ::checks notes:: The Miz and Dominic Mysterio, I have to admit I'm curious to see him go one-on-one with someone with actual workrate.