• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so, some context:
www.resetera.com

87-Year-Old Grandma Plays Animal Crossing for 4 Years and Logs in 3,580 Hours of Playtime (UPDATE: Grandma shows her AC town in video!)

https://www.dualshockers.com/87-year-old-granny-animal-crossing-3580-hours-playtime/

during the video his grandson posted of her showing off her town, you can see that her in-game name is Audie:

screenshot2020-03-17a5sku7.jpg

there's a new villager named Audie who can be seen in NintendoWorldReport's review:
screenshot2020-03-17ahrjyw.jpg

source

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Wow! This is so sweet and amazing. Good on you Treehouse and NoA for getting this in there!

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow! They did something similar with Robin Williams in Breath of the Wilds if i remember!

And i remember Sakurai tweeted a condelecence after Etika died :(

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I wonder if the name is the same in Japanese (if only the localization team cared or the developers too)

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Well, Audie isn't a name you see everyday. Seems like a bit of a coincidence otherwise.

Nov 1, 2017
In future, if the topic has a misspelling, you can report the OP and request a correction; a mod on the scene can make the change for you. :)

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first Jumanji movie was based of the SNES game with the same name.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Awww, this is wonderful to hear. I hope she got a Switch and is super excited for New Horizons.

Good on NoA for doing this. That's so sweet!

Spinluck

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Awww, this is wonderful to hear. I hope she got a Switch and is super excited for New Horizons.

Good on NoA for doing this. That's so sweet!

Can't remember but her grandson said people loved the video so much they sent funds so that she can get a Switch and New Horizons. Everything about this is just the sweetest.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I like that they chose a wolf of all things to represent the grandmother. Nice nod to little red riding hood.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Likely not just a coincidence either, NoA has been doing this a lot recently. Pokemon Let's Go had trainers named after YouTubers, for example.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be a only NoA thing.
She is called Monica in spanish for example (a name that i prefer, even if the sentiment of the Audie name is cool).

Good for noa and her though.

EDIT
Oops just watched the video. She says she doesnt like sassy characters. Maybe it was not a good idea to use her name in one of the most sassy characters that only wants to be a superstar lol

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Awe, now that is an unboxing video to appreciate. That was a nice way to start my day. Cheers mazi