• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Hi there everyone,

For quite some time I've been having this issue with my microphone / PC in that when I play a YouTube video or any kind of audio at all, everyone in my call can hear it too. I've tried multiple jacks on my PC, adjusting recording settings with my microphone and disabling sound mix, playing around with my mixer, you name it. I can use voice audio and they can hear me but I pretty much can't listen to anything when in a call because it then gets echoed to everyone in the call.

I currently have a Behringer Xenyx Q502USB sound mixer. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I'm pretty sure that there is a setting on Windows that causes this. I think your mic is listening to your output device.

Under microphone properties - - > listen - - - > listen to this device

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
If your mobo is using realtek audio you might check under realtek hd audio manager and go to advanced settings - - > check the option separate all input jacks as independent input devices.