• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 11, 2020
I tend to like bearish guys and abs are not something I've ever found attractive, so video games don't often have guys I'm that into. Usually they're either, lanky, buff, or comically oversized. So I'm going to cheat a bit:

Libertus from Final Fantasy XV Kingslaive

(Who has like 3 shots online that are all slightly cropped and only one of them looks decent sooooooo here's this!)

0152.jpg

This is one from an actual game! Chairman Rose from Pokemon Sword/Shield:

Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield-Pokemon-League.jpg

Pokemon in general is pretty decent about this, actually.

Woof love me some Libertus. Also Barry from Tokyo Mirage Sessions

latest

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Always had a thing for Capcom vs. SNK 2 era Eagle:

5d59fb638ed43e0fa9403f2c5142772b.jpg

Somewhat interesting is that he's actually hinted to be gay, without displaying any of the over-the-top flamboyant and stereotype behavior commonly associated with homosexuality, especially in Japan. Really hope they bring him back for SFVI and outright confirm it.

Also already mentioned in this thread, but Dorian Pavus.

d9dab67-bdc2cfc6-b927-4161-9009-050048e038e9.jpg

(Fanart by xla-hainex.)

Dem looks... Dat voice...

BioWare games are famous for their romance sidequests and DAI was ironic in the sense that the only two romances I cared for were male-Inquisitor only, while I only play as a female character when the game lets me. So no Dorian or Cassandra for me, sadly. Though I must say I enjoyed Iron Bull and his romance arc more than I thought I would, so there's that at least.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
I find a lot of male power fantasy characters attractive. But being a gay man I was told the male gaze still applied to me and that I didn't count, so.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Woof love me some Libertus. Also Barry from Tokyo Mirage Sessions

latest

Yes to Barry! I haven't played far enough but I hear he's just support and not a real party member, which makes me sad.

I've enjoyed what I've played so far, which is the tutorial dungeon and then the two after. The game is so tacky with how it uses Fire Emblem Awakening's theme for things like staring at racy photos of their manager to figure out how to save her, but I love that about it. Those characters are chaos in human form.

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
Oh, another one that hasn't been mentioned yet.

cRNPUOY.png

Just yes.
Funny how different audiences like different aesthetics. When this version was revealed in Smash 4, it received backslash from japanese players, some even calling his appareance "Gorila-like". I beileve that's the reason why in Ultimate both versions are included, but only his younger self received a render, kinda making Buff Ike a secondary, lesser version. I agree Buff Ike is the better version, though. ; )

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Funny how different audiences like different aesthetics. When this version was revealed in Smash 4, it received backslash from japanese players, some even calling his appareance "Gorila-like". I beileve that's the reason why in Ultimate both versions are included, but only his younger self received a render, kinda making Buff Ike a secondary, lesser version. I agree Buff Ike is the better version, though. ; )

As a heads up there is a buff Ike Ultimate render, but yeah he's still secondary.

main2.png

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow mine were all covered pretty quickly. Garrus being first is honestly both surprising and perfect.
ETAVuG_WsAA6FJM

And whoever did those official renders wanted Chris to look like a snack, that's obvious, lol.
Its actually disgusting how attractive Barrett is in Remake.
RIGHT!? I didn't expect this when he took off them shades:

latest

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Somehow I forgot about Gumshoe. Also I choose to believe he isn't massively ripped like most people seem to assume - the dude subsists on ramen noodles

5688-927845457.png

Ro-Tobi. A streamer I enjoy just started playing Ace Attorney. Despite the DS being my favorite system, I somehow never got around to any Phoenix Wright. Gumshoe popped up and I immediately turned off the stream and started playing the trilogy on 3DS, which I conveniently bought in a sale a while back.

I love him. He's so caring, only rushing to conclusions because he wants to please Edgeworth. He also makes me think of Hypnospace Outlaw and Gumshoe Gooper, but that's only a positive in my eyes. His sprite animations are only matched by Edgeworth getting flustered in court.

The game itself is amazing. I'd be beating myself for not playing earlier, but this is honestly the perfect game for right now. Thanks for inadvertently recommending it.

(Sorry for the bump. There are a lot of great designs in Ace Attorney, though, so... you know. Not that sorry.)

applejuice

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Finally, the thread I was born for. Let's begin.

The Gavin brothers, Kristoph and Klavier from the Ace Attoney series:

Basch Fon Ronsenburg (of Dalmasca!) from Final Fantasy XII:
106462.jpg

Dedue from fire Emblem Three Houses:
dedue-fire-emblem-three-houses-part-2.png

and last but not least, Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda series:

Oct 25, 2017
My contributions are:

Zeus from Warriors Orochi 4. I mean look at this big boi! Just look at him!
Zeus_(WO4).png

And then there's Geddoe from Genso Suikoden III
latest

Galo

One Winged Slayer
Jul 31, 2020
Germany