• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Shitbag attempts to grow a backbone as he's leaving.

Attorney General William Barr said Monday he has seen no reason for a special counsel to investigate possible fraud in the November election, contradicting an idea proposed by President Donald Trump.

Barr, who is set to step down on Wednesday, said, "if I thought a special counsel was appropriate I would name one, and I haven't."

"I said there was not enough fraud to affect the election and I stand by that,"
he said, noting what he said in an AP interview shortly before informing Trump during a White House meeting that he would resign.

Barr also said there is no federal authority to seize voting machines used in key states, as Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, has suggested he order.

"I see no basis now for seizing machines by the federal government, you know, a wholesale seizure of machines by the federal government,"
he said.

During a Friday meeting with Trump at the White House, a source said, Guiliani, lawyer Sydney Powell and retired Gen. Michael Flynn discussed an executive order to seize and examine voting machines across the country.

Trump invited Powell to consider the possibility that she be appointed a special counsel and be given high-level security clearances to investigate the 2020 election. The meeting was highly contentious, sources told ABC News, filled with screaming and demands from Powell, who called other Trump aids "quitters" for giving up the fight.

The meeting ended with White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, White House counsel Pat Cipollone and other Trump attorneys talking the president out of making the offer, the sources said. Giuliani, who joined the meeting by phone, also opposed the idea, according to sources.

Powell did not respond to ABC News' request for comment. She was at the White House Sunday as well, but the reason was unclear.

Barr's candid comments came when he answered reporters' questions at an unrelated news conference.

abcnews.go.com

Barr says no reason for special counsels to investigate election, Hunter Biden, no basis for seize voting machines

Attorney General Bill Barr said Monday there is no basis for special counsel to investigate election, no federal authority to seize voting machines.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It must be a very confusing time for the Trump family.

But Daddy REALLY wanted to win the election. That argument got him everything he ever wanted in his shitty and meaningless life so it is probably a shock to them that it is not working and they have to submit actual evidence or make an actual argument instead.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
It's easy to raise the Barr when it's already so low.

I am glad though the shitbag said this. Would make the situation way worse if he was going along with this charade.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
For the love of God, someone stop Barr from potentially becoming AG again during the next Republican administration.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Barr is out in a few days, so the real question is what does his successor think about it?

And Powell as a special counsel; this is absolutely bananas. She is the type that would actually fabricate "evidence" in such an investigation.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Two things can be true: People should be relieved that Barr is not following Trump into his greatest descent into authoritarianism, while also critical of Barr for following Trump into every other descent into authoritarianism.

Barr is corrupt, but he's not dumb. He knows that backing Trump during impeachment was the smart move, politically and personally. He also knows that backing Trump now while he tries to dissolve the constitution is not the smart move, politically or personally. Barr was probably smart enough to know, months ago, that any break from Trump would be portrayed as villainous from Trump's cult-base... And he probably just knew he'd inevitably be persona non grata to the most embedded Trump base because they live in an utter fantasy. But should someone like Tom Cotton, Mark Meadows, Matt Gaetz, Ted Cruz, or any other Trump-adjacent sycophant rise up to any higher position in government, Barr is still in play for them and a valuable ally. The Trumps are also fickle, it's always "What have you done for me lately."

Oct 30, 2017
Almost everyone seems to have a breaking point where they draw a line in the sand with this administration.

His line in the sand was so outlandishly bad even by this administration's standards.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I hate Barr, but I hate Trump more. The fact that he's shitting on Trump is just:

tumblr_oq5ktciuyV1wp6osho1_500.gif

2RB8rk.gif

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was no reason for the justice department to act as Trump's defense attorney against his rape allegations either, but here we are. Like, I'm glad he said this, but his motive here is spite, not any newfound sense of propriety.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No need for Barr to give a fuck what Trump wants. He's already on his way out the door.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Bill Barr, Trump should have been impeached and removed over obstruction of justice but he did everything in his power to prevent it. It's possible we wouldn't be here if he hadn't intervened, on top of everything else he's done to cover Trumps crimes. Worm is just trying to save a little face as he leaves in shame.

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He's probably trying to bury the actual fraud that the GOP commited in many states i guess, while Trump just keeps grifting for money out of his dumb supporters.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the temporary replacement will do exactly what Trump wants, but by then it will be too late.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Barr will reference the last month of 2020 on his resume when he applies for a position in the next Republican admin, and the Ben Rhodes' of the world will fall over themselves to paint him as principled DoJ lifelong traditionalist.