• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
6r2p8ZS.gif

AEiIwJz.gif

I love how Mikasa just does like 20 unnecessary flips in mid-air and then just stands there right in front of the explosion

Best part of the episode: when the Beast Titan falls to the ground and his mouth kinda flaps around

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I'm fine with WIT continuing to handle the series, just as long as there isn't a 4 year gap again.

Me and a friend were talking about it, but if they don't continue animating it, who would be a good replacement? Bones? Madhouse? TOEI???

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Not reading because of spoilers but, what happened? they took a week off? I read a post above saying something about episodes being out on Wednesdays now.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Not reading because of spoilers but, what happened? they took a week off? I read a post above saying something about episodes being out on Wednesdays now.
They said episodes would now air on Wednesday outside of Japan, but whoever made the decision calmed the fuck out and now the episodes still air on Sunday, just a few hours later than before. 18:45 PT

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
We're in the perfect game now

I have been avoiding this thread but everytime I saw this title I always thought this was just a weak meme to chuckle at.

After this episode....fuck

God damn.

*shakes head*

No....

What both sides had to go through was monumental. Even the seemingly overpowered characters on either side can't win in the way you would expect them to in other shows.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
So can I say fuck Beast Titan, fuck Berthold and fuck Reiner? So much death by them.

Anyways, awesome episode. So glad they managed to stop them, although it is a shame Levi couldn't get the Beast Titan eaten.

And Armin is the man. He will be missed.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
AoT - 53 & 54

T'was worth waiting 2 weeks instead to watch these in a row. Basically, starting with the planning of the suicide charge in the last third of ep53 and all throughout 54 was AoT (and WIT) at its best. Couldn't be happier that the suicide charge got the treatment it deserved. That speech by Erwin about the meaning of their sacrifices is just a thing of beauty. How couldn't you follow him after that? Besides Erwin, there were strong emotional beats for Levi, Red Haired dude, and Marlow. The latter's last moments were so relatable. But really, it felt like all the soldiers got their due and I love how the last 4 soldiers charging forward weren't even anyone we knew, yet their bravery was apparent. I really need shows with lots of war/fights and death to portray all that. "Fodder" characters should never feel as such.

Zeke vs Levi was A+ Imai sakuga and as swift and raw as I always imagined it. Giving that he's WIT's ace, I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in a few other money shots, too. Those being Mikasa blowing out Reiner and Eren cutting out Bertolt. But, dunno, I'll certainly be interested in the sakuga blog report on this episode, which I imagine is gonna be a thing.

Now I'm just hoping production values don't drop off a cliff. There will be a drop to this episode in any case, but pls no more episode 51 level.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
AoT - 53 & 54

T'was worth waiting 2 weeks instead to watch these in a row. Basically, starting with the planning of the suicide charge in the last third of ep53 and all throughout 54 was AoT (and WIT) at its best. Couldn't be happier that the suicide charge got the treatment it deserved. That speech by Erwin about the meaning of their sacrifices is just a thing of beauty. How couldn't you follow him after that? Besides Erwin, there were strong emotional beats for Levi, Floche, and Marlow. The latter's last moments were so relatable. But really, it felt like all the soldiers got their due and I love how the last 4 soldiers charging forward weren't even anyone we knew, yet their bravery was apparent. I really need shows with lots of war/fights and death to portray all that. "Fodder" characters should never feel as such.

Zeke vs Levi was A+ Imai sakuga and as swift and raw as I always imagined it. Giving that he's WIT's ace, I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in a few other money shots, too. Those being Mikasa blowing out Reiner and Eren cutting out Bertolt. But, dunno, I'll certainly be interested in the sakuga blog report on this episode, which I imagine is gonna be a thing.

Now I'm just hoping production values don't drop off a cliff. There will be a drop to this episode in any case, but pls no more episode 51 level.
You are dropping some names that haven't even been named yet.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Absolutely incredible. I'm anime only so I have no idea what direction this is going in but what a thrilling ride it's been.

Broke my heart to see what happened with Armin (and Erwin!) but boy did it feel good just to see the Titan side finally suffer some sort of major defeat. That Levi/Beast fight was all time worthy and I screamed when Armin's plan worked out, didn't see it coming at all!

Also, serious kudos to the animators because the cinematography in this episode was *chef kiss* That shot of Levi killing those titans while that lone soldier questioned why he was still alive? Oscars for everyone.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Also, serious kudos to the animators because the cinematography in this episode was *chef kiss* That shot of Levi killing those titans while that lone soldier questioned why he was still alive? Oscars for everyone.

Right? One of my favorite shots, too. Loved him dangling from Titan to Titan in the distance.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
Holy shit. That was insane, legit the best episode of AOT yet. I have a theory on what's going to happen though:
armin is injected with titan serum and inherits the armoured titan because reiner can't be swayed to change sides (my dream) and Berthold changes sides or is permanently detained or killed somehow. After causing that nuke, I'd say he'll probably die. He's far far far too dangerous.

No worries. Sorry Era. And please don't call other people idiot. That's not cool. Even if one make a mistake.

Last edited:

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
That was an intense fucking episode, god damn. Levi going HAM in the beginning was the best & beautifully animated yet again. Great stuff all around.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised nobody drew a parallel between Levi reacting to that quadrupedal Titan running off with Zeke and Misaka reacting to Annie taking Eren.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We gonna need a mod to come edit his post or can he man up and do it himself? I don't even recognize his icon as a usual poster in here so he clearly just wanted to pop in, fuck shit up, and bail out.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LEVI MOTHEFUCKING ACKERMAN THE GOAT

ARMIN ALSO THE GOAT

Glorious episode, really lived up to the hype

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I man(Ed) up. No worries. Everything is cool now. Is unnecessary to call me. And say man up or call me stupid. Imagine making a mistake.
I didn't call you stupid.
No worries. People getting mad at a red herring. Sorry Era.
Way to shift the blame. Anyways, thanks for editing it. It may have just been carelessness but it's important to a lot of people and the longer something like that is left up the chances increase that more people will get spoiled. As manga readers we need to respect that anime-only's don't want anything even remotely resembling a hint or a nudge, and rightfully so. We wouldn't want someone with advanced knowledge of Isayama's outlines hinting at stuff to us before the manga chapters drop.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
I didn't call you stupid.

Way to shift the blame. Anyways, thanks for editing it. It may have just been carelessness but it's important to a lot of people and the longer something like that is left up the chances increase that more people will get spoiled. As manga readers we need to respect that anime-only's don't even want anything remotely resembling a hint or a nudge, and rightfully so. We wouldn't want someone with advanced knowledge of Isayama's outlines hinting at stuff to us before the manga chapters drop.

Not shifting anything I man up (like someone called me). I acknowledge my mistake. I was careless and make a unnecessary comment. The outburst and calling names was unnecessary. You know it. Anyway I already said that Im sorry if I bother some people. And the fact that people don't see my avatar don't mean that I don't watch the thread.

Edit: you didn't call me stupid @linkstrikeback call me an idiot

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
It really felt so damn good seeing the smug wiped straight off that asshole Bert's face that Eren did him in with the swords and 3DMG, instead of the Titan form. It was a moment I really was waiting to see animated.
I went from crying over Armin's death to cheering hype reactions on the flip of a dime. I'll never forget that moment lol. Attack on Titan fucking peaked. Nothing feels better than when an "invincible" enemy is defeated by the heroes with a genius plan.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Here's my speculation. Pls no comments from manga readers:
I think there are 2 possibilities:
1 - Armin still has a pulse, so Eren wants to use the titan juice on him. Levi wants to use it on Erwin. Eren uses it on Armin, Armin transforms and eats Reiner or Bertjfolgld, Levi gets pissed, and that's what the rooftoop scene is about.
2 - Armin IS dead, but Eren goes crazy and uses the titan juice on him anyways, thus wasting it, Levi gets pissed, rooftoop scene.

Don't discuss manga spoilers

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Quick little reminder: Even if it isn't against the forum's rules, as a courtesy to your fellow members, please respect the rules set within a thread. In this case, please don't post anything hinting at content from the manga that the anime has yet to cover. Thank you and have a nice day.