• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
every one has a thing for Historia...
Screen-Shot-2019-07-01-at-1-20-39-PM.png

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
every one has a thing for Historia...
Screen-Shot-2019-07-01-at-1-20-39-PM.png

See Eren hated her when she went by Christa and acted like a goody too shoes. He explicitly told her he likes her better now as Historia and she is letting her true self out.

My couple of my girls even said why did Mikasa ruin the moment lol Because it felt to them like it was building to something lol

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Wow. I wish I had a girlfriend that was into anime

My dude come to the DMV area, alot of women here watch atleast some anime. Also Otakon was super big in Baltimore and even moreso now that its moved to DC so its a good place to meet women that share our common interest.

If you are also tall, it will make you prime material lol. Just don't be a creeper like some of these thristy dudes at cons.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't at all be surprised if Eren Historia got together in the end, whether out of love or responsibility or whatever. My guess would be that's how the royal blood thing is resolved. But he has what, 7-8 years to live is it?

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I wouldn't at all be surprised if Eren Historia got together in the end, whether out of love or responsibility or whatever. My guess would be that's how the royal blood thing is resolved. But he has what, 7-8 years to live is it?

I mean people have been married for shorter because Dina and Grisha didn't have much time together either before they were ripped apart.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
My dude come to the DMV area, alot of women here watch atleast some anime. Also Otakon was super big in Baltimore and even moreso now that its moved to DC so its a good place to meet women that share our common interest.

If you are also tall, it will make you prime material lol. Just don't be a creeper like some of these thristy dudes at cons.

Hahahaha okay thanks

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever explain why Ymir decided to go with Reiner and Bertholdt instead of staying with Krista? I can't remember, I'm rewatching the series now and I'm sure it was explained in season 2 I just don't recall. I have been telling everyone I know that AoT is what GoT should have been. Everything mattered and there was pay off that made logical sense.

Rewatching the series from the beginning some of the things you notice is pretty amazing. Like Reiner, Annie, and Bertholdt were the first ones to say they should protect and save Eren when he got in his Titan form for the second time. Everything was there for you and when it's revealed it all came together so well. I am really bummed next season will be the final one but I have faith that it is going to be well worth the wait.

Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever explain why Ymir decided to go with Reiner and Bertholdt instead of staying with Krista? I can't remember, I'm rewatching the series now and I'm sure it was explained in season 2 I just don't recall. I have been telling everyone I know that AoT is what GoT should have been. Everything mattered and there was pay off that made logical sense.

Rewatching the series from the beginning some of the things you notice is pretty amazing. Like Reiner, Annie, and Bertholdt were the first ones to say they should protect and save Eren when he got in his Titan form for the second time. Everything was there for you and when it's revealed it all came together so well. I am really bummed next season will be the final one but I have faith that it is going to be well worth the wait.
When you're watching the Boulder lift scene and in the back of your head you're like "Marco's currently getting eaten here..." At times you're not even focusing on what's on screen anymore. I'd honestly have to reread everything regarding Ymir's leaving. It might have been explained at around that point or when Historia was reading her letter.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever explain why Ymir decided to go with Reiner and Bertholdt instead of staying with Krista?
Its been years but I always assumed that Ymir knew that Reiner and Bertholdt was backed up by the entire Marley army so trying to fight them was pointless. If she gave herself up peacefully Reiner would spare Krista.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Its been years but I always assumed that Ymir knew that Reiner and Bertholdt was backed up by the entire Marley army so trying to fight them was pointless. If she gave herself up peacefully Reiner would spare Krista.
This makes sense after watching Season 3 part 2 it was hard to understand why she would do that after what Marley did to her.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
honestly, I think Ymir going with Reiner and Bert is really just a contrived moment, and something isayama kinda had to do because she knew way too much at that point in the story and therefore couldn't be left with the protagonists on the island for plot reasons

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ymir also knows that Reiner and Bert aren't really bad people and have been brainwashed by Marleyan propaganda so it's kind of understandable that she didn't want to leave them there to be eaten(or at least Bert). Also guilt over the fact that she only became human again because she ate their friend, who was a little kid at the time.

EDIT: Well they are bad people but they're not mustache twirling villains I guess...

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Again, that's a unrealistic proposal, nor is it "fair" to say people can only post in a thread several months after the fact.
People will self regulate. I reckon people will only get reported once hints begin dropping and they will get reported by the very people posting here. It's more like a deterrent.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
It's not like she had a choice after what she did. It was either go back to the walls and be tried for treason, stay out in the wilderness and probably be targeted by Reiner/Berthold for what she did to the person they came to the island with and for her shifter powers, or go back to Marley. She's completely screwed in any scenario.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
honestly, I think Ymir going with Reiner and Bert is really just a contrived moment, and something isayama kinda had to do because she knew way too much at that point in the story and therefore couldn't be left alive with the protagonists on the island for plot reasons
Yeah but at least it isn't a contrivance that betrays her character. At that point in the story the island folk are just a bunch of chucklefucks with a single titan and some 3d maneuver gear. Her telling them she was an orphan from 100 years ago wasn't really gonna shift the balance of power in any real way.Ymir's traumatized/nihilistic and is only really thinking about protecting Krista at that point.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure even the 15 second Season 4 trailer had a spoiler.

Time for a year long full media blackout. lol

It's even more out of context than the spoiler last season. It's just a random shot and makes literally no sense.

Anyway, I loved the new end credits. I am curious about something, that war we see playing out, is that Eren imagining taking the war to Marley or a look back at a past war that took place in Marley?

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and it's pretty crazy how Titans went from this thing to fear in season 1 to almost being int he background in season 3 as a real threat. That's not to say they aren't a threat, but the encounters don't have the same tension as when they did during season 1 and I think that's partly down to everyone we're following becoming more skilled in taking them down.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a lot of material for only 1 season. I guess they could make the last season with more episodes.
Is it? Season 3 covers 39 chapters(chap 51-90) in 22 episodes. The story is gonna roughly end in 40 chapters(or less). Unless they return to season 1 pacing 22 should be more than enough episodes.

KillGore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Is it? Season 3 covers 39 chapters(chap 51-90) in 22 episodes. The story is gonna roughly end in 40 chapters(or less). Unless they return to season 1 pacing 22 should be more than enough episodes.
Interesting. Maybe it just seems a lot due to so much information on this last arc. As long as they don't skip anything or rush anything, I'm good.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Yet another incredible season of the best show on television. The survey company's desperate charge towards the Beast Titan was my favourite part with Levi vs Beast Titan closely following. The basement reveal delivered more than I ever could have hoped for but those other two scenes got my blood pumping like nothing else.

I just have one question about this titan control power that Eren is conflicted about. Per the flashback, he ordered Titan Dina to stand down by simply touching her fist and this worked because of her royal blood. But what about all of the other times he and the Marleyan titans ordered titans around? The Beast Titan did it as recently as season 3 part 2 when he had titans surrounding the survey company's forward escape.

What makes that Titan Dina part different? Why would Eren even think of turning Historia into a titan for that?

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
User banned (2 weeks): Ignoring a staff post, posting unmarked spoilers under the guise of speculation, history of similar behavior.
MOD EDIT: Spoilers removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's even more out of context than the spoiler last season. It's just a random shot and makes literally no sense.

Anyway, I loved the new end credits. I am curious about something, that war we see playing out, is that Eren imagining taking the war to Marley or a look back at a past war that took place in Marley?
That's the future.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh and it's pretty crazy how Titans went from this thing to fear in season 1 to almost being int he background in season 3 as a real threat. That's not to say they aren't a threat, but the encounters don't have the same tension as when they did during season 1 and I think that's partly down to everyone we're following becoming more skilled in taking them down.

Levi justified Omega Force being the developer of the Attack on Titan games by going all Dynasty Warriors on Zeke's army and then unleashing his Musou attack.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
Yeah but at least it isn't a contrivance that betrays her character. At that point in the story the island folk are just a bunch of chucklefucks with a single titan and some 3d maneuver gear. Her telling them she was an orphan from 100 years ago wasn't really gonna shift the balance of power in any real way.Ymir's traumatized/nihilistic and is only really thinking about protecting Krista at that point.

Thank you for that, it actually makes sense even if Ymir had to be taken out at that particular point of the narrative.
It's the one plot point I wasn't sure about, but now I remember the conversation between Ymir and Reiner in the forest and it all fits really nicely with all the reveals. In Isayama I trust.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Survivorship bias played a big part w/ this. :-P

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Would it be too much to ask for a threadmark just telling people where to start the manga if they want to read what happens after the S3 conclusion and links to the chapters?

I feel like it might be a common question between now and next year.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I just have one question about this titan control power that Eren is conflicted about. Per the flashback, he ordered Titan Dina to stand down by simply touching her fist and this worked because of her royal blood. But what about all of the other times he and the Marleyan titans ordered titans around? The Beast Titan did it as recently as season 3 part 2 when he had titans surrounding the survey company's forward escape.

What makes that Titan Dina part different? Why would Eren even think of turning Historia into a titan for that?
So we have the Female, Beast and Coordinate titans. Female titan seems to just be able to shepard/call titans towards her and then she peaces out. Beast titan seems to be able to control titans but they all seem pretty average. Coordinate seems like it can control all titans(?) as well as the colossal titans in the walls.

So power wise I think the Cordinate titan is essentially the nuclear option.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta suck seeing all these titans with pretty cool powers and then you get to be the pack mule titan.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
It's gotta suck seeing all these titans with pretty cool powers and then you get to be the pack mule titan.
Pack mule with lightning speed > weird imp titan thing

So, the only reason they hadn't killed all the titans in the open was just because they never tried?
They said that all the titans outside of the wall had migrated into Wall Maria over the last 6yrs. I'm guessing having them within the range of buildings and having the area mapped out vs a vast unknown made it easier.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would it be too much to ask for a threadmark just telling people where to start the manga if they want to read what happens after the S3 conclusion and links to the chapters?

I feel like it might be a common question between now and next year.
This is a good idea. Chapter 85 (Basement) should be where people pick up the Manga, as there's a few minor parts cut for time in the anime that are almost certainly going to be slid into S4 and have some important background info for the next arc.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017

I thought it was a flashback too, but then we didn't see any war in any of Grisha's memories from childhood or adulthood and that seemed like a pretty large war for that to not have come up so far. It looked similar to the way Marley looked when Grisha was there so maybe it was in the time between when Grisha left and now? Or maybe there is a war going on now? I didn't really see how it related to the rest of the ending episode but the imagery definitely reminded me of WWII and Marley looked like it was around that time frame when we saw it. Do we know if there are other countries in the world besides Marley?

Edit: Someone above answered this question.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I admire some you people's patience lol. I started watching the whole series only a few weeks ago. How could you all wait so many years? 😂