• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched the episode when Reiner revealed his identity to Eren and I felt sorry for the whole group, especially Reiner when he said "We were just kids, we didnt know anything". That said, I felt catharsis watching Bert get eaten by Armin a few weeks ago. Maybe that dude was right. We do find this violence interesting.

S3 OST leaked on soundcloud.

Hope it goes up on Spotify shortly after it's released like S1 and S2.

AoT would have been a totally different show without Sawano. The OST is legendary.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
There's something I've always found odd. Every titan should have a human in their neck, right? How come they've never noticed after killing a titan that there's a human behind the flesh? Levi for example killed countless titans but he never noticed that there are humans inside? How?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lol Erwin was the Zap Brannigan of commanders.
uxyg5.jpg

Astram

Oct 25, 2017
There's something I've always found odd. Every titan should have a human in their neck, right? How come they've never noticed after killing a titan that there's a human behind the flesh? Levi for example killed countless titans but he never noticed that there are humans inside? How?

Mindless titans don't have human bodies on their necks, only shifters do.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe only the shifters have a human form that is still intact in the nape.

We've seen some very small titans that aren't much bigger than humans (like the one Sasha fought by her hometown and saved the little girl from in season 2) that a regular human body would have been able to fit inside. It was basically like the person just grew a couple feet taller.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Erwin at least knew the art of the hype ass speech. Zap was just an asshole. Also Erwin's Kif took no shit from him.
Yeah I don't take it as a literal comparison, especially since Zap is just completely incompetent, but Erwin has a shit ton of blood on his hands, and part of me thinks that he did treat a lot of his strategies as if every battle was a war of attrition.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Owl said that there're 9 titan powers.
We only know 4 so far.
Edit: 5,i forgot Ymir.
Wat

- Attack Titan (Eren)
- Founding Titan (Also Eren)
- Female Titan (Annie)
- Armored Titan (Reiner)
- Colossal Titan (Armin)
- Beast Titan (Zeke)
- Donkey Titan (??)
- Ymir
- ???

There's only 1 left.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Oh,you're right,i'm so dumb.
Donkey titan is one of them?
Why wouldn't it be? It's a shifter. I might be wrong since I'm anime only but as far as I know there are only 9 shifters. There are no other shifters aside from the 9 titans. The rest are all mindless titans.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wat

- Attack Titan (Eren)
- Founding Titan (Also Eren)
- Female Titan (Annie)
- Armored Titan (Reiner)
- Colossal Titan (Armin)
- Beast Titan (Zeke)
- Donkey Titan (??)
- Ymir
- ???

There's only 1 left.
Congrats you have a special Titan power!

Cool what is it?

You're the one that carries stuff!

Can't the others also carry stuff?

Yeah but you can do it on 4 legs and slightly better!

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't take it as a literal comparison, especially since Zap is just completely incompetent, but Erwin has a shit ton of blood on his hands, and part of me thinks that he did treat a lot of his strategies as if every battle was a war of attrition.
With some of the stuff Erwin got thrown into strategically throwing bodies at a problem is all you can really do. It's obvious the guy cared about the people who died under him and did try to think of coordination techniques to mitigate it, but the scenarios at the end of season 2 and dealing with the Beast Titan were pretty much zero sum games of death. Erwin probably wishes Levi didn't get hurt in the middle of season one because trump car was not at 100%. Not to mention the best people were already dead. He was pretty much playing chess with a bunch of pawns and a rook. I really think Erwin's Survey Corps flourished with a bunch of experienced people working in tandem, then they started to really get whittled down when they were separated. You put all those guys, plus Levi at the battle to get Eren back at the end of season two and Erwin would not have lost his arm. This is probably a reason why even Hange got more frontline action in season 3, they had nobody left.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats you have a special Titan power!

Cool what is it?

You're the one that carries stuff!

Can't the others also carry stuff?

Yeah but you can do it on 4 legs and slightly better!

Yeah but the donkey titan didn't get cut to pieces by the scouts so it's not looking so bad.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Why wouldn't it be? It's a shifter. I might be wrong since I'm anime only but as far as I know there are only 9 shifters. There are no other shifters aside from the 9 titans. The rest are all mindless titans.
I dunno,that's why i'm asking.
It looks more like one of those crazy mindless variants than a shifter imo.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Donkey Titan also has the luxury of being able to speak, like the Beast Titan. Ymir's is the only other one that can kinda talk.

I want to see them take Armin's colossal form for a test run so they can see what he can do, but I don't think they'll do that in the next episode so I'll have to wait...
I dunno,that's why i'm asking.
It looks more like one of those crazy mindless variants than a shifter imo.
There were implications that it was a shifter this season. Like Erwin straight up talking about how that one was an intelligent one when it was introduced. The only sentient titans we've seen have been the shifters.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Dude. I haven't read the manga, if that's what you're implying.

yeah it was, my bad but ive been seeing a lot of manga readers connect the dots for anime onlies instead of letting them figure things out/experience the reveal themselves so i thought that was just another case of it, i edited my post can you edit out the quote to avoid revealing for others?

Lol what? How is that a spoiler?

He literally talked in the anime.

so did connies mom

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
yeah it was, my bad but ive been seeing a lot of manga readers connect the dots for anime onlies instead of letting them figure things out/experience the reveal themselves so i thought that was just another case of it, i edited my post
Pointing out something is a manga spoiler openly doesn't help things. The mod warning has already been put in place. Don't make it so that those who've only watched the anime still don't feel like speculating because then people will come confirming things that didn't need to be.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
It talked

None of the mindless ones have
But it's clearly intelligent. Mindless titans are not intelligent.

Also he talks. He warned Zeke about people coming.
There were implications that it was a shifter this season. Like Erwin straight up talking about how that one was an intelligent one when it was introduced. The only sentient titans we've seen have been the shifters.
I see,thanks.
I need to pay more attention lol.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they would have Erwin identify it as a intelligent titan if it wasn't.

It spoke for one thing and got the drop on Levi and rescued Zeke without prompting whilst the others stood there until he ordered them to kill Levi.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
yeah it was, my bad but ive been seeing a lot of manga readers connect the dots for anime onlies instead of letting them figure things out/experience the reveal themselves so i thought that was just another case of it, i edited my post can you edit out the quote to avoid revealing for others?

so did connies mom
But I mean, Erwin literally said the following sentence:
"That right there is an Intelligent Titan"
Also, the titan is shown to be intelligent and to speak.

How is that not confirming it as a shifter? lol

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Pointing out something is a manga spoiler openly doesn't help things. The mod warning has already been put in place. Don't make it so that those who've only watched the anime still don't feel like speculating because then people will come confirming things that didn't need to be.

thats what i thought happened here lol

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
In yet another discussion that was cut from the TV series, Hans mentioned that they (naturally?) did try and open the nape of mindless Titans to see what was inside (which is tricky, since they die if you hit the wrong spot, and quickly regenerate otherwise) and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Just a giant spine, basically.
So it would seem only shifters actually maintain their human form inside the nape, whereas humans who turn into Pure (mindless) Titans appear to be entirely... assimilated? Even if the weak spot itself remains.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Im guessing they don't have humans in them until they become shifters.
Also, in the episode where the squads run out of gas and have to get into the building to stock back up on air, i forget who, but one of them says that it's good that it's only smaller titans that have entered the building because the target area on the nape is still the same size in every Titan.
Thus, killing smaller titans is that much easier not only cause they're smaller but because the kill area to body ratio is larger