• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I am not sure about the timeline but I think both things happened more or less at the same time did we see Frieda talking about the fall? She could have retaken the wall easily.

I'm not sure we did see her talking but we know Grisha met up with Eren after Carla had already been eaten by the smiling titan so the walls had already fallen by then. Grisha didn't kill Frieda until after his second wife died.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I understanding this correctly that Sasha doesn't know about the full basement story? It showed her sitting in a hospital bed looking out the window, then it went to that court room like scene where it was mentioned that the only people who know about the full basement story were in that room. Because if elite soldier Sasha was arbitrarily left out of the loop on all the basement stuff, then I'm about to get real FRICKIN UPSET!

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Am I understanding this correctly that Sasha doesn't know about the full basement story? It showed her sitting in a hospital bed looking out the window, then it went to that court room like scene where it was mentioned that the only people who know about the full basement story were in that room. Because if elite soldier Sasha was arbitrarily left out of the loop on all the basement stuff, then I'm about to get real FRICKIN UPSET!

Did you forget she got her shit rocked like not even a few days ago in story? she can catch a debrief later once she is able to walk again.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On Eren's realization scene, and him thinking the government would try to make Historia a titan... Can't they break Annie out, she eats her and there goes the problem of if they can control her? The more I think about it, the more I think it's gonna happen with them giving powers to another main in Armin, and anime tropes have taught me if she's getting any powers, it's the one called Female Titan lmao.

Downside is obviously she'll die in 13 years. But this seems like a war she'd wanna fight, imo

Also, THIS SHOW MAN. It's freaking insane. I'm so glad I got caught up during Season 3 Part 1. After the first season I fell off during the break. I've jumped back on the anime wagon big time and this show is keeping me in.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Eren and Historia gonna have to Mas y Menos their way over to Marley lol Eren gonna try and act like shit is normal

"What? I just wanted to hold her hand!"

Oct 25, 2017
On Eren's realization scene, and him thinking the government would try to make Historia a titan... Can't they break Annie out, she eats her and there goes the problem of if they can control her? The more I think about it, the more I think it's gonna happen with them giving powers to another main in Armin, and anime tropes have taught me if she's getting any powers, it's the one called Female Titan lmao.

Downside is obviously she'll die in 13 years. But this seems like a war she'd wanna fight, imo

Also, THIS SHOW MAN. It's freaking insane. I'm so glad I got caught up during Season 3 Part 1. After the first season I fell off during the break. I've jumped back on the anime wagon big time and this show is keeping me in.
They don't know how to break Annie out of the crystal that she's in. If they knew she'd be out by now, they tried breaking into that shit the moment they found her in that but couldn't.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I'm not so sure they would try to have Historia eat Eren. There's nothing to say that Historia inheriting the founding titan + her royal blood wouldn't enslave her to the will of the 145th king. She could just wipe out everyone's memory right then and there. I don't think the government would be willing to take that risk.

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't know how to break Annie out of the crystal that she's in. If they knew she'd be out by now, they tried breaking into that shit the moment they found her in that but couldn't.
Solid point, I'm just guessing this is the route they're gonna go based on what Eren needs to use the coordinate, and usual tropes. Granted, this series has very much thrown a lot of tropes out the window lol. I'm guessing they'll find a way through sooner than later, Annie has been forgotten too long.

That's a pretty big downside! And most likely what Eren would like to avoid.
LOL absolutely, but I also think it's something Historia would do for her people.

I'm not so sure they would try to have Historia eat Eren. There's nothing to say that Historia inheriting the founding titan + her royal blood enslaves her to the will of the 145th king. She could just wipe out everyone's memory right then and there. I don't think the government would be willing to take that risk.
For sure, I think his thought is they'd turn her into a mindless and just restrain her so he can use her like he did the smiling titan. My answer is they have her eat Annie so she isn't mindless, and Eren can also use the coordinate freely. Just gotta get through that shell...

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
it's crazy to think that the regular titans we've known of from the start are technically unnatural beings. they were never meant to be.
the only titans that were supposed to exist are the 9.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So if Eren were to get into a hand to hand fight with Zeke he could activate the coordinate?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
So if Eren were to get into a hand to hand fight with Zeke he could activate the coordinate?
I'd assume so. If they captured Zeke that would've been a huge win for them. They don't even need his Beast Titan form just his knowledge alone would be great.

Also that would be a cool Liquid Snake vs. Solid Snake esque battle.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
For sure, I think his thought is they'd turn her into a mindless and just restrain her so he can use her like he did the smiling titan. My answer is they have her eat Annie so she isn't mindless, and Eren can also use the coordinate freely. Just gotta get through that shell...
Is it confirmed that the person of royal blood needs to have titan powers or is it sufficient for them to just be Eldian? I may have missed that part.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Screen-Shot-2019-06-24-at-10-45-43-AM.png

Mr. Mug

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
it's crazy to think that the regular titans we've known of from the start are technically unnatural beings. they were never meant to be.
the only titans that were supposed to exist are the 9.

I'd argue any titans being natural at all is way more surprising. And this might not be the case still, the deal with the devil stuff is very likely to be false.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if Historia needs to become a Titan to activate the Coordinate power in Eren.

We've seen her activate memories in Eren by just touching him and this episode she sees Ymir's entire history through a letter. Eren isn't thinking clearly or he forgot that her touching him triggered some memories. It's probably going to be a mind over matter deal where Eren has to be a similar frame of mind to when Dina was about to eat him and touching Historia at the same time.

Just make sure Mikasa ain't around.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
So... Founding Titans have memories of their future selves?

The wild shit is that Geisha says the same thing to Eren before he turns Eren.

I expected it from Geisha, but Kruger saying it was fucking insane.

I want to say Eren obtaining the Coordinate means memories are flowing back and forth in that specific bloodline, but that seems weird.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone in this series know what puberty is?

"Ah yes, I remember just yelling shit out randomly during my teenage years."

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't have any more serum left right?

Unless the plan is to extract some from Eren or Armin, but I can't see that happening.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

I was just about to mention this too, what the fuck was up with that shit.

Oh he's fifteen, they all say stupid shit and shout at random intervals. I hope that's explained because that was just ridiculous.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
The wild shit is that Geisha says the same thing to Eren before he turns Eren.

I expected it from Geisha, but Kruger saying it was fucking insane.

I want to say Eren obtaining the Coordinate means memories are flowing back and forth in that specific bloodline, but that seems weird.
Geisha Yeager, the long lost brother to Grisha.

Autocorrect is amusing, sometimes

Zamakan

Mar 28, 2018
I guess that's the price you pay and what Ymir agreed to when accepting the Titan Powers from the Devil of All Earth, if he was even a thing, which if he was would be interesting knowing how he came to be, unless it's some sort of deity thing where there was no beginning, he was always just "there". Does that mean the Devil is still alive? Also, Ymir made that contract with him 1,820 years ago, and when Ymir died her spirit created the Nine Titans, so that's a FUCK TON of Nine Titans passing down their Titan Powers if each one only had 13 years to live each time...

My personal theory at this stage is that he is a celestial being who came to visit earth (like that of the Shinigami in Death Note) and was moved by the gentle act of human (Ymir giving him the apple) so he gave her this power for a limited time (which turned out to be 2000 years by human standards). That's why thunder comes from the sky. Guess he will be surprised when comes back that his blessing turned out to be causing this much misery 😅 Hope Isayama will provide a much better explanation.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
I was just about to mention this too, what the fuck was up with that shit.
Oh he's fifteen, they all say stupid shit and shout at random intervals. I hope that's explained because that was just ridiculous.

But really, it's not that complicated, people. Isayama is simply poking fun at those dramatic panels/shots where characters strike "cool" poses and deliver ominous lines to nobody in particular by having Hans barge in right away in the next episode (for the manga) / after the commercials (for the TV series) and go "huh? what are you doing? who are you talking to? are you all right?". And the other characters chime in with the only plausible in-universe explanation: "look, Eren's just being kind of a dork, so please leave the poor kid alone already, good lord".

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Still, that would mean Grisha got beaten up as a kid by someone who wasn't even born yet. How embarrassing.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017

It has less to do with puberty and more to do with the japanese concept of chuunibyo or "eighth grader syndrome".

Basically when kids, but especially boys, enter middle school and have hyper active imaginations and believe they have some special power or there is some kind of world wide conspiracy out to get them.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't you know? People with the titan powers age faster than normal human beings.

Lol maybe. They're just making up magic right now, what's another few rules. Kruger ate his twin in the womb and got her 13 years, too.

But even if Kruger wasn't born with it, newborn Ymirians in Marley could inherit a titan. Or there's no reason to think they couldn't.

May 9, 2019
To a random Erdian newborn. Could be within the walls, could be somewhere else.
(And one would assume it would actually be two random newborns, since Eren is currently the host of two of the nine Titans.)

He looked older than 13 to me!
Hmm interesting. I'm wondering since he has two nine Titans, if his life be extended from the second consumption.

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it confirmed that the person of royal blood needs to have titan powers or is it sufficient for them to just be Eldian? I may have missed that part.
That's what Eren was reacting like, but someone pointed out that she's caused a reaction in him before so maybe not.

Unless the plan is to extract some from Eren or Armin, but I can't see that happening.
Solid point I didn't even think about this. I wonder why Eren is worried about them turning her into one then.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

That's not how I see the serum being extracted. It was just said it's from titan spinal fluid, right? So I imagine that capturing an actual titan and getting it from there could work? They certainly weren't sacrificing people in Marley to manufacture those things or there wouldn't be that many titans.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot how young everyone was. 15 years old, going through all that, and finding out you only have 8 years left, fuck.

Deleted member 2426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay this is getting really close to surpass Evangelion in my opinion. All we need is well fleshed characters with deep and interesting psychology and we are set for the GOAT.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I stand firm in my belief that S3 of AoT is one of the best seasons of any show this decade.
If only the first half wasn't such a stark diversion from everything else. We now understand why it was necessary, but I didn't like how the anime executed it at all, giving us contextless info about Kenny, Historia, and the founding titan and then taking months off to connect the dots.