• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good episode with some nice background on how we got here.

Also yay for Annie!

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The conversation between Hange and Onyankopon is interesting becaue it shows how ignorant (not in a overly negative way) that the Paradis pepole are of the rest of the world outside of Marley

Also considering Paradis is based on medieval times with some steam elements...their food must really taste shit

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
4x2s8vyfkl7.jpg

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
The conversation between Sasha and Onyankopon is interesting becaue it shows how ignorant (not in a overly negative way) that the Paradis pepole are of the rest of the world outside of Marley

Also considering Paradis is based on medieval times with some steam elements...their food must really taste shit

Exactly, and it makes Onyankopon a really important character because he gives them a whole new perspective about the world and i think it's also really good that the first black character they meet is a friend enforcing the idea that everybody is different and be an ally or enemy doesn't depend on the color of the skin.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Low key episode but it really answered a lot of questions that people had about what has happened in the years since we last saw Paradis.

RIP Sasha
36lMNjy.png

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Fun Fact: Onyankopon bears a strong resemblance to real-life British actor John Boyega and it's possible was based on him.

Etp0D4PWYAM7FLN

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Good episode. Eren is so far off the deep end I really wonder if the show even intends to redeem him and make him "feel" like a "good guy" by the end at all. For sure using the rumbling is not the way to go though.

Was hoping to get to see Falco confronting Eren in this episode but alas. I wonder when we'll see the Warriors again, too. I don't know how this is all supposed to wrap up so soon!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When they reuse scenes from previous seasons it's so obvious how different the line art is in the show now. I wish they had made an attempt to keep it similar tbh. But then again I just prefer Wit's style I guess.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Outside of some moments with the titans, Mappa's art style is phenomenal.

Loving the work they've put in.

Now let them work in better conditions :/

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
After seeing this episode, I wonder if Isayama had a different idea for where we were left off at what would be the end of season 3 and how things are presented now. Season 3 ends with Eren worn down by the realizaton of endless war and hiding the knowledge that he activated the Founding Titan power by contacting someone with royal blood, and here we get Eren submitting to the cycle of violence and Zeke spelling out the royal blood thing to where Eren just straight up confirms it and goes, "Oops maybe I should have told you guys and my fears about Historia being turned into a titan were maybe wrong."

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
That's what was said on the Wiki. I think pepole think Onyankopon based on how John Boyega looked at the Force Awakens opener

635857320609797154-GTY-501371134-78298982.JPG

If he was somewhat based on John that would be a fun concidence because Boyega is a Attack on Titan fan

Kimaris

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I'm so glad that we finally get to what Paradis has been up to all this time. They've been coordinating with Zeke for a lot longer than I originally guessed. I'm really curious to see at what point Zeke switched sides, there's no way he was plotting this during season 3. He had way too much fun killing the scouts back then.

marcus

Oct 27, 2017
anyone having issues watching the latest episode on funimation? the video doesn't play for me

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
User Warned and Thread-Banned (3 Days): Posting Manga Spoilers in the Anime Only Thread
Brilliant episode.

Mod Edit: Removed Manga Spoilers

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
So I've gone on before about how stupid Floch's hair looked before, because it was dumb and I hated it and it always felt too "anime" compared to everyone else. It felt like there was this arbitrary Yu-Gi-Oh styled hair on top of hair thing:

dK6RvyA.jpg

Now my question is, was this just Wit's design that was awful? Because this flashback Floch is far, far superior:

jbgzcQl.jpg

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Like the cast of Attack Of Titan are clearly based on western/middle europe right (specfically Germany,Switzerland,etc). Yelena to me looks more like she was based on Eastern Europe countries like Russia with her tall frame,haircut and he way of speaking in the Japanese dub

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
So I've gone on before about how stupid Floch's hair looked before, because it was dumb and I hated it and it always felt too "anime" compared to everyone else. It felt like there was this arbitrary Yu-Gi-Oh styled hair on top of hair thing:

dK6RvyA.jpg

Now my question is, was this just Wit's design that was awful? Because this flashback Floch is far, far superior:

jbgzcQl.jpg
Mappa's design is like a correct interpretations of the manga's, while Wit's was let's color over the one panel he has with a bad hair day.