• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
At this point I'm in the "fuck everyone" camp.

Also I think it was the first time Eren showed any kind of emotion this season.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the fuck people that are disguising their spoilers as "theories" camp.

Don't need any more evidence than this episode and since noting is done against these people, I'm out of this thread for good.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Gabi! Another 11/10 episode, RIP to anyone that had this spoiled for them. I actually forgot how they immediately beat the shit out of her and Falco for that lol

The episode had such a masterful use of silence, something I feel has been missing in most anime these days. In particular, when Armin reunited with Mikasa and Eren, whew, you could cut a knife with how tense that was.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Or more accurately, it's all on the Marleyans that attacked paradis island and created Eren in the first place.

They drew first blood and were already planning a counter attack, it was either kill or be killed for Eren and co.

It's a cycle. The Eldian Empire mistreated the Marleyans who mistreated the Eldians and the people of Paradis who mistreated the Marleyans of Liberio.

Hate and rage begets hate and rage.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
When he said he didn't have the strength and couldn't kill Reiner that didn't seem... correct.
I mean, he had just transformed three times in a row, and fought three different shifters.
Plus, they had an airship to catch. No time to pick a fight with a determined Reiner.

now the question becomes: Has Eren tried using the Founding titan powers while touching a normal human with royal blood?
He had apparently been trying to trigger hidden memories by touching Historia's hand for a while before the basement reveal, and he did exactly that soon after, too. Eren mentioned that it felt like "everything was connected" when he touched Dina's hand, so it's probably safe to assume that he didn't feel that whenever he touched Historia, hence his theory that it has to be a Titan with royal blood (and he'd better not tell the military).

Isayama is such a great writer not because he writes stuff you can never predict but because he writes it in a way that what is happening feels earned/inevitable.
Yup. It's unfortunate that so many people have this completely backwards.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
My mans Falco got the shit beaten out of him by Floch and his goons just cause he climbed onboard and saved his waifu's life as well as Jean's

where's the justice?

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to remember the last piece of media that resulted in such collected muttering/shouting of fuck them kids.

Falco doesn't deserve this.

He's a good boy. A good bean.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a cycle. The Eldian Empire mistreated the Marleyans who mistreated the Eldians and the people of Paradis who mistreated the Marleyans of Liberio.

Hate and rage begets hate and rage.

You're not wrong but when the Marleyans are literally being portrayed as Nazi's that hold Eldians in ghettos and more or less 'execute' people into titans they set loose on Paradis Island, I feel if they'd just stop or were stopped then there'd be peace.

The people inside the walls only want security and safety, they don't want war.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he had just transformed three times in a row, and fought three different shifters.
Plus, they had an airship to catch. No time to pick a fight with a determined Reiner.

He had apparently been trying to trigger hidden memories by touching Historia's hand for a while before the basement reveal, and he did exactly that soon after, too. Eren mentioned that it felt like "everything was connected" when he touched Dina's hand, so it's probably safe to assume that he didn't feel that whenever he touched Historia, hence his theory that it has to be a Titan with royal blood (and he'd better not tell the military).

Yup. It's unfortunate that so many people have this completely backwards.

True but Reiner had a massive cavity where his face was. I'm not sure he had anything in him.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Huh I thought Jean was gonna get got the whole time... RIP to the homie 🥔🍖 also they really gonna trust Zeke bro? Zeke??? The dude who sold his own flesh and blood out at 10 years old??? The dude that killed nearly all of their guys??? The dude that played murder baseball with his own people??? FUCK ZEKE

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
You're not wrong but when the Marleyans are literally being portrayed as Nazi's that hold Eldians in ghettos and more or less 'execute' people into titans they set loose on Paradis Island, I feel if they'd just stop or were stopped then there'd be peace.

The people inside the walls only want security and safety, they don't want war.

That's actually one reason that I hate that Isayama is using Nazi and Jewish imagery for these countries because it doesn't work when you think about it.

Jewish people were never actually in control of Germany where they oppressed the shit out of the German people.

The Marleyans were actually oppressed by the Eldians and when the shoe flipped, they took it out on the Eldians and people of Paradis. Obviously, it's unjust but eventually someone has to be the bigger man.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Huh I thought Jean was gonna get got the whole time... RIP to the homie 🥔🍖 also they really gonna trust Zeke bro? Zeke??? The dude who sold his own flesh and blood out at 10 years old??? The dude that killed nearly all of their guys??? The dude that played murder baseball with his own people??? FUCK ZEKE

There's a catch to it all I'm sure. We just have to wait to see how it all came to this. Zeke's gonna be dead in the end regardless though. Levi seems sure of that.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I HATE TWITTER. My dad was visiting so I wasn't able to watch it immediately like I usually do.

Top Trending at like 4:30 so a little over an hour it aired.
"#SASHA"
With the description right underneath "Fans of Attack on Titan mourn a beloved character's death."

I'm livid. Especially since Sasha was one of my top 3 favorite characters so to have it revealed in that way. I'm so fucking annoyed/depressed. I now know you can turn off personalized trends so hopefully that will help before another character inevitably dies.

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
There's a catch to it all I'm sure. We just have to wait to see how it all came to this. Zeke's gonna be dead in the end regardless though. Levi seems sure of that.
Their needs to be a good-ass reason why because right now it's nuts considering the Grisha diary + the heinous actions Zeke has directly committed towards them. Like he was having FUN fun. He killed Erwin goddammit

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Falco has had a rough couple of hours

Falco is truly a worth successor to the Armored Titan.

How many Ls did Falco take in the past 3 episodes?

Their needs to be a good-ass reason why because right now it's nuts considering the Grisha diary + the heinous actions Zeke has directly committed towards them. Like he was having FUN fun. He killed Erwin goddammit

Eren: Erwin who? Monke is my new best friend.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
GabiChant.gif

🙌

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017

Eren: Erwin who? Monke is my new best friend.
You know if my brother could turn into a giant monkey I might have a different opinion here. Their lucky he only threw rocks at them....👀

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
I HATE TWITTER. My dad was visiting so I wasn't able to watch it immediately like I usually do.

Top Trending at like 4:30 so a little over an hour it aired.
"#SASHA"
With the description right underneath "Fans of Attack on Titan mourn a beloved character's death."

I'm livid. Especially since Sasha was one of my top 3 favorite characters so to have it revealed in that way. I'm so fucking annoyed/depressed. I now know you can turn off personalized trends so hopefully that will help before another character inevitably dies.

How do you do that? I was half spoiled about Sasha like 2 hours before the show aired (Sasha was trending without a description but obviously why else would she be trending at all plus considering the title of the episode).

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
He had apparently been trying to trigger hidden memories by touching Historia's hand for a while before the basement reveal
I have zero memory of this. Where was that?

Trying to remember the last piece of media that resulted in such collected muttering/shouting of fuck them kids.
Disco Elysium.

🤣🤣🤣

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
That's actually one reason that I hate that Isayama is using Nazi and Jewish imagery for these countries because it doesn't work when you think about it.
It's just Jewish ghetto imagery, really (and that makes sense).
Honestly, there's no shortage of obvious off-brand Nazis in fiction, and I don't think Marley would make it into the top 20. If anything, their uniforms remind me of the British Empire...

0zbobHv.jpg

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
How do you do that? I was half spoiled about Sasha like 2 hours before the show aired (Sasha was trending without a description but obviously why else would she be trending at all plus considering the title of the episode).

https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/twitter-trending-faqs#:~:text=Tap Settings and privacy, then,location by tapping Change location. Try this. I saw her trending in the episode she shot all those soldiers so IF twitter didn't decide to add that wack description I would've been fine, cuz MAYBE she goes on another killing spree. But nope.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Next time people decide to call out legitimate speculation as Manga spoilers, why don't you take a look at the manga speculations at this time. Both of the major things that happened in this episode were predicted months in advance.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Question to the Manga readers

Is the very beginning of the Manga thread on this website start Past this point in the show or before this point?

I want to read old manga reactions to this part of the story without seeing any spoilers for after this episode.

The manga chapter the first page of the resetera manga thread starts on and what chapter this episode is would help.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Crunchyroll posting that tweet a couple days before the ep was unfathomable to me. Completely irresponsible and shitty, and serving literally no one. Wanted to roast them over it on Twitter but can't do that (still can't, really) without potentially taking part in the spoiling.

DasFool

Oct 25, 2017

Is the very beginning of the Manga thread on this website start Past this point in the show or before this point?

I want to read old manga reactions to this part of the story without seeing any spoilers for after this episode.

The manga chapter the first page of the resetera manga thread starts on and what chapter this episode is would help.

I just skimmed through it and it seems like it's before chapter 100 which is episode 5, so you should be good.

Checked through it again, everything up to post #477 is safe to read.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017

From what it looks like, it starts before the festival.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll posting that tweet a couple days before the ep was unfathomable to me. Completely irresponsible and shitty, and serving literally no one. Wanted to roast them over it on Twitter but can't do that (still can't, really) without potentially taking part in the spoiling.

My friends and I had a good laugh about that, they really gave no fucks there

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
My friends and I had a good laugh about that, they really gave no fucks there

Wait what was the tweet; or does it spoil something that's still coming up?