• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Well they got me with the spoilers :(
And I was invited in a chat group earlier this week where someone posted a spoiler for something else.
Good luck everyone.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
God damn.......was not expecting that.

11/10 series. After all these years and when I think I've seen it all, this show still manages to surprise me.

Anyelocp

Mar 28, 2019
Just watched the episode live from japan. Impresions - the episode seems super polished, more than before, feels like they had more time with this one, CGI and animations are the best they've ever been this season.

regarding the episode, i expect at least 3 o 4 attack on titan related # trending. Episode was phenomenal, another 10/10. Please avoid spoilers

the soundtrack used was perfect.

also this episode only adapted like 1 chapter, this has to be the first time ever that happens, idk.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just watched the episode live from japan. Impresions - the episode seems super polished, more than before, feels like they had more time with this one, CGI and animations are the best they've ever been this season.

regarding the episode, i expect at least 3 o 4 attack on titan related # trending. Episode was phenomenal, another 10/10. Please avoid spoilers

the soundtrack used was perfect.

also this episode only adapted like 1 chapter, this has to be the first time ever that happens, idk.
Yeah at the pace they're moving, I can't see how this season could be anything less than like 40 or 50 episodes. It's gotta be at least a two-part season, maybe also with a movie tacked on.

Anyelocp

Mar 28, 2019
Yeah at the pace they're moving, I can't see how this season could be anything less than like 40 or 50 episodes. It's gotta be at least a two-part season, maybe also with a movie tacked on.

I expect then to cut A LOT of content on the next 3 episodes, im fine with that.

and yeah, there will be 100% a second part.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

I haven't seen this episode yet, but judging by what they have done so far I don't see the need for that many.

In the first 7 episodes they adapted chapters 91 to 104, if I had to guess episode 16 will end on either chapter 122 or 123.

Manga ends on chapter 139 so I think another ~10 episodes will likely do it.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't seen this episode yet, but judging by what they have done so far I don't see the need for that many.

In the first 7 episodes they adapted chapters 91 to 104, if I had to guess episode 16 will end on either chapter 122 or 123.

Manga ends on chapter 139 so I think another ~10 episodes will likely do it.
Hmm yeah I wasn't being too scientific there but seriously thinking about it, I could see the final season being 32 eps (in other words, another 16 after the current 16). Or like 12 and a movie or something. IDK, we'll see!

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah at the pace they're moving, I can't see how this season could be anything less than like 40 or 50 episodes.
How do you figure? They've adapted 4 volumes out of 12 in just 8 episodes.
While I do think they should slow the pace down in order not to cut anything too important, 40 or 50 episodes total would absolutely be overkill.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
How do you figure? They've adapted 4 volumes out of 12 in just 8 episodes.
While I do think they should slow the pace down in order not to cut anything too important, 40 or 50 episodes total would absolutely be overkill.
See above post. I wasn't thinking too hard, just "they gonna need a lot of eps". But more realistically...I'm guessing 32.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What a fantastic episode yet again.

Sasha dying fucked me up so much. Never would've guessed that Zeke was in on it the whole time as well.

Last edited:

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
Gabi killed Sasha! Our potato girl :(
The theory about Zeke having a secret plan with Eren were true after all. But I wonder what they are on to now that most of the world is at war with them. There are some allies and Eldians from Marley who were send to Paradis that switched sides.
Interesting to see that some soldiers want to establish a new Eldian empire. Nationalism has spread inside the walls. What's Historia's opinion on that and will she punish Eren?
Marley can't launch an attack early on without their harbor and Paradis won't attack in the immediate future.
I have really no idea what's happening next.

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, Zombie Erwin swooping in with Female Titan powers was amazing.
(Oh, it sucks waiting to be able to see the episode.)

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Aside some of the CG (especially Eren's AT) I love MAPPA's artstyle when it comes to characters, much better than WIT's in my opinion.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
In this episode we are getting a much clearer picture of who is friends with who and it turns it's one big clusterfuck of tangled priorities.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Very nice looking episode, it was gorgeous.

Got spoiled on the two big things in the episode just before I could see it though...

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Zeke's role
revealed in this episode caught me off guard lol

Did not expect that at all.

Was there any clue or sign that it would lead to what we saw in today's ep?

Last edited:

jamemax

Dec 12, 2018
Zeke's role revealed in this episode caught me off guard lol

Eren has a baseball glove at the hospital. He even admit to Falco that it's a gift from his "family". However, next episode seems like a flashback episode. So, we could get more info from that.

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
Zeke's role revealed in this episode caught me off guard lol

1. Zeke died and spectaculary unspectacular death
2. His conversation with Levi about running off of time was suspicious
3. IIRC, Eren had a baseball, and Zeke is a baseball fan

You could assume that something was off about him, imo.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Eren has a baseball glove at the hospital. He even admit to Falco that it's a gift from his "family". However, next episode seems like a flashback episode. So, we could get more info from that.
1. Zeke died and spectaculary unspectacular death
2. His conversation with Levi about running off of time was suspicious
3. IIRC, Eren had a baseball, and Zeke is a baseball fan

You could assume that something was off about him, imo.

Well I mean prior to this season. Or was it in between the time skip off screen that they got together again or what?

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hen everything shuts down and the money starts to lack then they will wake up.
do it, become one of us.

Don't do it. The anime elevates the product significantly. It'll be worth it to wait, I swear. I'm waiting to see the entire conclusion in anime form, and we don't know when or how that's even gonna be distributed.
The only thing keeping me from switching is the fact that I probably won't enjoy the manga as much knowing the story already. But the fact that we'll reaching the end in animation form profanely at the end of the year in the most optimistic outlook is making it hard to wait really.

We'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks.

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
Well I mean prior to this season. Or was it in between the time skip off screen that they got together again or what?
At the end of the battle in season 3, Zeke said something like he wants to correct the things his and Eren's father, Grisha, did wrong. I can't remember anything else, so it must have happened in between season 3 and 4.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get what people find fun in spoiling shit, as a manga reader watching people who don't know what's going to happen react and speculate is super fun and interesting

Oct 27, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I didn't expect Zeke to switch sides. I don't know how I feel about the dude who killed Commander Erwin is now on the "good" side now.

Also, although I understand the motives of Gabi (especially after losing 2 friends), fuck her for killing Sasha. When Gabi was proclaiming how all the Paradis people are demons and how she was going to kill them all, she seemed to be like a crazy, frantic occultist too far indoctrinated in propaganda. I wonder what Paradis is going to do to her and Falco. They could change sides too like Zeke after seeing what Paradis is like, but I think only Falco is likely to do that.

Last edited: