• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
Ok? So people who have read the manga don't care about the discussion here and just want to talk about the animation? Isn't there another thread for manga readers?

Feels a lot like, "I already experienced this, so allow me to come in and nitpick since I'm beyond your discussions."

I haven't read the manga but the animation is noticeably off. It's like really really off putting.

I'm loving the story so far but lol it reminds me of Ajin

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Warhammer is that one friend that is the best in fighting games in your group but once they go to regionals they get washed.

Warhammer never had the makings of a varsity athlete
tenor.gif

Yall gotta stop lmao

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Man this episode is seriously giving me some serious Kaiju battle vibes.
Very timely with the Kong vs Godzilla trailer.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Zeke isn't dead, that C4 didn't even killed Margath lmao.
At this point I have the feeling that Zeke and the others needs some power-up to fight back. I was thinking about it when rewatching the episode, but if Reiner eats Porco, the Jaw abilities combined with the Armored can be very powerful (and a great counter against Eren's new abilities).

Kingasta

Avenger
Jan 4, 2018
What if the bomb Levi used was actually non-lethal like a smoke bomb to fool the Marlyans into thinking Zeke's dead while he carries him to the airship.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Very very cool episode!!!! I love where this final season is going.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
So even considering the Founding Titan, we haven't really seen the powers of two titans merged into one, right? Wonder if Eren will be able to use Warhammer powers without the weakness. Also we just assuming that drinking her blood = consuming her spinal fluid or whatever? I've seen enough shounen where there's enough wiggle room there to not be 100% tbh.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
So even considering the Founding Titan, we haven't really seen the powers of two titans merged into one, right? Wonder if Eren will be able to use Warhammer powers without the weakness. Also we just assuming that drinking her blood = consuming her spinal fluid or whatever? I've seen enough shounen where there's enough wiggle room there to not be 100% tbh.
This isn't the first time I've heard the War Hammer Titan weakness brought up in this thread. Are people assuming the user can only transform remotely through the umbilical cord ? I thought it was just a technique to throw opponents off balance and that she could be in the nape of the neck and just chose not to.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I think his pupils dilating was meant to be an indicator that yes, he gained the war hammer titan's powers.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Crazy episode, so much happened. Surprised Warhammer went out so easily.

And I don't get the Giant Titan being a Nuke, maybe thats a new thing now since it didn't happen in season 1?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't the first time I've heard the War Hammer Titan weakness brought up in this thread. Are people assuming the user can only transform remotely through the umbilical cord ? I thought it was just a technique to throw opponents off balance and that she could be in the nape of the neck and just chose not to.
I just assumed by the fact that once they found her and she was basically helpless that it was more a necessity than a feature. But I'm just guessing.

Edit: I also liked how the episode played around with sides. Eren does the obvious shounen villain thing of freezing at the last second and not achieving his goal. But to make sure you're not conflicted on sides, Zeke's command was to wipe them all out and Levi's was to survive to the end. It's still clear which are the hunters and which are the hunted. GF brought up an interesting point, didn't Porco technically also ingest some Warhammer blood on account of his mouth being used lol.

Last edited:

MRrogermoore

Oct 28, 2017
Zeke probably baited Levi. The fact Zeke's face was not shown after Levi attacked is my proof.
I wonder why Mikasa received no help during her dance with the War hammer titan, but every single scout flew to attack an injured Jaw titan at the end. You just knew most of them where getting set up to get mowed down or swatted like flies. Last episode was honestly terrible, like game of thrones latter seasons bad imo. Erin is in danger here come Mikasa right on time, and he's in danger again here comes Levi to save him, and so many tropes fit into one episode. Now this episode was legit not many things annoyed me.

Oct 27, 2017
Zeke probably baited Levi. The fact Zeke's face was not shown after Levi attacked is my proof.
I wonder why Mikasa received no help during her dance with the War hammer titan, but every single scout flew to attack an injured Jaw titan at the end. You just knew most of them where getting set up to get mowed down or swatted like flies. Last episode was honestly terrible, like game of thrones latter seasons bad imo. Erin is in danger here come Mikasa right on time, and he's in danger again here comes Levi to save him, and so many tropes fit into one episode. Now this episode was legit not many things annoyed me.
i wouldn't be surprised if the standing order was keep levi's and mikasa's airspace clear, lol

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Warhammer's death had to have been inspired by Eva Unit 01 chomping down on an entry plug, right down to a helpless Porco begging for Eren to stop.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy episode, so much happened. Surprised Warhammer went out so easily.

And I don't get the Giant Titan being a Nuke, maybe thats a new thing now since it didn't happen in season 1?
I get the feeling it's something the user chooses to do and can determine how strong the energy release is, but it does beg the question why they didn't just nuke the wall instead of kicking a hole through it. Maybe they didn't want to kill the mindless/pure titans on the side they were on for maximum chaos.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I get the feeling it's something the user chooses to do and can determine how strong the energy release is, but it does beg the question why they didn't just nuke the wall instead of kicking a hole through it. Maybe they didn't want to kill the mindless/pure titans on the side they were on for maximum chaos.
Pretty sure the colossal Titan can only transform though a nuke explosion. Or maybe it's a form of it's energy and heat release?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the colossal Titan can only transform though a nuke explosion.
Is that confirmed somewhere? There was also the time Bert and Reiner revealed themselves and transformed to kidnap Eren and there was no nuke there if I remember right.

I mean maybe it just changed lore-wise, but Isayama wouldn't even be able to go back and fix/add that just due to the proximity to the Scouts in that scene would have killed some of them. Maybe the steam explosion that scalded some of them is just a mini version of said nuke.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely think Zeke is in cahoots with Paradis.

whether that means he's completely switch sides or just for this part, I really think they're working together. Watching Zeke in the first couple of episodes of the season makes me think this even more.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Is that confirmed somewhere? There was also the time Bert and Reiner revealed themselves and transformed to kidnap Eren and there was no nuke there if I remember right.

I mean maybe it just changed lore-wise, but Isayama wouldn't even be able to go back and fix/add that just due to the proximity to the Scouts in that scene would have killed some of them. Maybe the steam explosion that scalded some of them is just a mini version of said nuke.
No. You're right. I edited my comment after thinking about that exact scene. I'm guessing it's a version of the controlled heat expenditure we've seen.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No. You're right. I edited my comment after thinking about that exact scene. I'm guessing it's a version of the controlled heat expenditure we've seen.
I guess in that scene we only get half a Colossal just steaming up on the wall so maybe half a transformation means smaller boom lol.

It's also possible too that Colossal appearing at the start of the series had something of an explosion to it, but it's not a strong enough blast to destroy the titan hardening that is the walls so nobody in Shiganshina was hurt from it.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I think that cord is just an extension of her egg that's essentially a shape emitter. If her egg is intact and she had energy, she can keep emitting.
Yeah that makes sense, it just seemed like the Titan lost energy and immediately slumped when Eren ripped the cord in the previous episode, so I thought she completely lost control

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
No I know I meant how was she able to impale him when he had already ripped her cord

That whole scene didn't make sense because the following scene shows that the umbilical was reformed and formed another tree to impale Eren's titan... But the titan she was controlling was right there too.

Like either it takes a lot of energy for her to control a titan and form stuff -- like it says in the episode -- or that it's basically plot armor for Eren. Maybe a bit of both.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
From my understanding the mission was to draw out the founding titan out into the open and eat the person to steal back the power.
Killing him/her was not an option so nuking the walls could technically backfire on them if they accidentally killed the shifter.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
survey corps looking like they just unlocked the last tier of gear in Xcom

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If Eren is bad then so is Armin. Armin nuked a city port and a full battalion of battleships. Way more innocent casualties than Eren.

The only difference was that Armin gave 1% of concern over the lives lost.