• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Lol at manga readers calling spoilers for anime watchers that they would have never know is important otherwise. It's supposed to be confusing, it's made for you to see it.

Reminds me of when they started calling out that there was a big spoiler in one of the openings that back then when I was anime only it was literally imposibble to put together just by watching it if you didn't have any context.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at manga readers calling spoilers for anime watchers that they would have never know is important otherwise. It's supposed to be confusing, it's made for you to see it.

Reminds me of when they started calling out that there was a big spoiler in one of the openings that back then when I was anime only it was literally imposibble to put together just by watching it if you didn't have any context.
I dont even know what the spoiler is here.

All I see is the obvious which is Reiner armor transforming doing shit. It does seem like Eren and gang get away but are being pursued by Gabby. Is the spoiler that Gabby tries to assassinate Eren? Big lol if true, good luck to her I guess.

The preview makes it unclear what the fate of Porco is.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
He has actually. Falco damned Eren in this episode.
Did he? I might have to rewatch the episode a 4th time lol, but I don't think outright expressed despise towards Eren. I think he's still in shock and confused, I feel like he really likes the Eren he knew as Mr. Krueger.

Edit: Just stop discussing the episode preview y'all, someone's gonna end up spoiling it at this rate 😂

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The Rumbling is basically King Fritz threat that the wall titans would flatten the Earth if Paradis were attacked. Willy mentioned it 2 episodes ago and we've heard about the threat in season 3 as well, but it was said to be nothing more than a threat since his royal family line is not able to use the Founding Titan for attack, only for keeping the status quo.
Yeah Willy's speech boiled down to:

- King Fritz threatened to unleash the millions of wall titans on the world if Paradis was attacked
- It turns out he didn't want to do that so hard that he prevents everyone of royal blood from doing it from beyond the grave
- Eren has the power to do it and is not bound by the king's will, so if he decides to do it we're fucked
- Let's kill him

32HXzxw.gif

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Willy's speech boiled down to:

- King Fritz threatened to unleash the millions of wall titans on the world if Paradis was attacked
- It turns out he didn't want to do that so hard that he prevents everyone of royal blood from doing it from beyond the grave
- Eren has the power to do it and is not bound by the king's will, so if he decides to do it we're fucked
- Let's kill him them all

32HXzxw.gif
FTFY. I still find it funny that he was garnering some sympathy for King Fritz and the Paradis' folk, but then there's this clumsy pivot of wiping them all out despite attributing the issue at hand to only one individual seconds before.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling like Reiner is actually close to death, I mean Gabi and Falco are being played up so surely one of them should get a good amount of time with the Armored.

Reiner has been it since the beginning of the series, Berdholdt went down already. It just seems like it's Reiner's time almost.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm feeling like Reiner is actually close to death, I mean Gabi and Falco are being played up so surely one of them should get a good amount of time with the Armored.

Reiner has been it since the beginning of the series, Berdholdt went down already. It just seems like it's Reiner's time almost.
Reiner can't die, he's doomed to a life of being a jobber

DasFool

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Willy. The guy had absolutely every opportunity to paint the citizenry of Paradis as sympathetic and to deescalate the conflict. While all eyes were on him, he couldn't even bother to show the slightest inkling of forging a truce and instead relied on a 100-year long period of xenophobia to garner support calling for a genocide of his own race, simply because he feels guilt for something his ancestors, not he himself, did. No wonder Eren ate him immediately.

As someone who's had a genocide attempt committed against my people, I can't think of a worse person that's in this story. Fuck Willy.

Last edited:

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it would be accurate to say Mikasa has doubts. They all know what they have to do. I think Mikasa was more upset about how Eren chose to go about getting the War Hammer in the moment and the fact that it's Eren, whom she loves, that is going down this dark path and becoming a different person.

I think Armin seems bothered, certainly somber and despondent about what he's done, but he's also been a very pragmatic person. He's even had a speech he gave earlier in the series about basically having to become a monster to beat monsters. I think he's likely to become haunted by what he's done, but I don't know how it will affect him outwardly.

I say that because he seems much more like Eren than Floch, resigned to what he thinks needs to be done rather than believing he is choosing to do it. He's too detached from his actions to feel remorse.

Also is Annie seriously still in that crystal? The episode made it seem like they didn't have a way of breaking the crystal until Porco did it. I'm mostly curious what the Female Titan can do among the rest because so far it looks like the most superfluous Titan form of the nine.

Kingasta

Avenger
Jan 4, 2018
Amazing best episode, might be the best, and CGI is superb now that MAPPA finally discovered Anti-Aliasing.

Jojo Leir

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible episode. My mouth was agape during the whole nutcracker sequence. Overall there's just a lot to unpack in this episode, but one of my favorite things is just how smart Eren has become. This combination of cold-blooded ruthlessness and big brain thinking is not at all where I thought that contemplative Eren of the Season 3 finale would end up at.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
That was one of the most insane episodes of television I have ever watched. It felt so good to see the our friends from Paradis get the revenge they deserved. Even if they weren't already planning an attack, it's clear the rest of the world was going to try to destroy them. I was so happy to see those tables turned on Marley.

Levi versus Zeke round 2 was HILARIOUS! I screamed at the tv when it happened it was shocking! Pieck squad getting theirs was great. Armin finally going collossel....it was amazing! Eren snatched the War Hammer and it feels like we are playing Pokemon with collecting them all. I really can't believe this show and the storytelling just keeps getting better and better. Porco really shouldn't have been a warrior, he's way too hot headed but his jaws Titan wrecks! Overall it was an absolutely fantastic episode. I wanted to have sympathy for the Marleyans but they truly brought this upon themselves.

Last edited:

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the way Porco got sniped from below by Mikasa reminds me of Eren losing his arm and leg when he didn't spot the titan below him.

Charging in blindly doesn't pay off in this show.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's crazy having such conflicting emotions over what is happening.
On the one hand, I'm
rooting so hard for the scouts and Eren. On the other, I see the destruction and the despair in Falco and Gabi and feel gutted. Ultimately, I feel like Falco and Gabi are involved in something that is bigger than them that they don't understand, and Paradis are still the underdogs that still are in danger of being wiped off the face of the Earth if this mission is a failure, them being cornered and desperate is what lead to this, but their attack has been executed so well that it feels like Marley is close to losing everything, and I guess on the world stage, that could be true if the attack doesn't garner them sympathy like Willy planned.
I mean I still feel bad because the marleyan titans are essentially brainwashed slaves. It's lose-lose for them. Even if they somehow win all this they're left as second class citizens. I'm king of surprised that paradis eldians seem to feel no connection with them, or at least it doesnt seem to be a plot point at all right now.

Kingasta

Avenger
Jan 4, 2018
Going by the preview it seems Eren acted out of plan and gone rogue, that's why he said "You guys came" to Mikasa, Levi is gonna chew him obviously, wonder what their original plan was.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm king of surprised that paradis eldians seem to feel no connection with them, or at least it doesnt seem to be a plot point at all right now.
The seeds are there. Jean was telling Floch off for setting off explosives and wanted to keep civilian casualties to a minimum. Armin and Mikasa don't seemed thrilled with situation either.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Did he? I might have to rewatch the episode a 4th time lol, but I don't think outright expressed despise towards Eren. I think he's still in shock and confused, I feel like he really likes the Eren he knew as Mr. Krueger.

Edit: Just stop discussing the episode preview y'all, someone's gonna end up spoiling it at this rate 😂

He got outside and says "Kruger....no....Eren Yeager. Damn him" and then he makes a pissed off face.

And rightfully so. Eren used him, tried to kill Reiner and Falco and killed a bunch of Falco's friends.

Oct 27, 2017
That nutcracker scene is something else. Good lord that is so brutal.

Speaking of the preview,
Oh man Gabi is gonna get her revenge, isn't it?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Something feels off about it, Zeke is the only person who's face we didn't see inside the titan. idk why but i feel like that's significant?
I think Zeke took the L here because he's accepted its a losing battle. Like he's probably still alive but is playing dead until Reiner can save him.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
That was one of the most insane episodes of television I have ever watched. It felt so good to see the our friends from Paradis get the revenge they deserved. Even if they weren't already planning an attack, it's clear the rest of the world was going to try to destroy them. I was so happy to see those tables turned on Marley.

Levi versus Zeke round 2 was HILARIOUS! I screamed at the tv when it happened it was shocking! Pieck squad getting these was great. Armin finally going collossel....it was amazing! Eren snatched the War Hammer and it feels like we are playing Pokemon with collecting them all. I really can't believe this show and the storytelling just keeps getting better and better. Porco really shouldn't have been a warrior, he's way too hot headed but his jaws Titan wrecks! Overall it was an absolutely fantastic episode. I wanted to have sympathy for the Marleyans but they truly brought this upon themselves.
Levi taking down Zeke was top-tier, easily in the top 5, maybe top 3 moments of the entire series for me. It's a shame Zeke is too valuable/important to be actually dead because that would've been a phenomenal way to end him. Just...straight up wrecked by Levi, didn't even see it coming. Lights out, RIP. Alas...I doubt he's truly gone. Amazing scene though.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I took it upon myself to click the manga thread and just scan the names and block/ignore a lot of people in that were posting in this thread. I had suspicions and ... yup.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Levi taking down Zeke was top-tier, easily in the top 5, maybe top 3 moments of the entire series for me. It's a shame Zeke is too valuable/important to be actually dead because that would've been a phenomenal way to end him. Just...straight up wrecked by Levi, didn't even see it coming. Lights out, RIP. Alas...I doubt he's truly gone. Amazing scene though.
Beast Titan just isn't built for defense or speed. He's basically a long-range tank with party-wide buffs. Levi is a pure STR/DEX build. Two different RPG systems but the point still stands

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
I cant tell if reiner has a new form at the end or if dude was just so weak at that point

Either way Reiner basically saying fuck them kids at the end was the funniest moment of the season

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How in the bluest of hells does this show keep getting better?

I took it upon myself to click the manga thread and just scan the names and block/ignore a lot of people in that were posting in this thread. I had suspicions and ... yup.
Oh man, that sucks. People did that shit over at the 'old forum' when Game of Thrones was still following the books.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine holding the warhammer for generations and losing it the first time you bring it to battle

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Just rewatched again and now that I think about it, this is the first time the War Hammer has been used since the Great Titan War isn't it? That's probably why she expended all of her energy because she doesn't know wtf she is doing and there probably aren't many memories of previous founders for her to rely on. What a brutal scene, I wonder how those powers will work in conjunction with the Attack Titan powers.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Just rewatched again and now that I think about it, this is the first time the War Hammer has been used since the Great Titan War isn't it? That's probably why she expended all of her energy because she doesn't know wtf she is doing and there probably aren't many memories of previous founders for her to rely on. What a brutal scene, I wonder how those powers will work in conjunction with the Attack Titan powers.

I just assumed that she's been training for years by herself to control it like that, I mean why not? It's not like she needs Eren to transform.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So how close are the manga and the show? Is it closer to Full Metal Alchemist, or FMA: Brotherhood lol?

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
The Warhammer is that one friend that is the best in fighting games in your group but once they go to regionals they get washed.

Warhammer never had the makings of a varsity athlete