• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
"Kids, stop screaming and let me die."

Isayama:

14d4f7a2b3a83e802597e18bd9ae8d58.gif

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
As a manga reader, when all this happened, I was always of the opinion that Eren and Paradis could have been much more precise and diplomatic about their war with the rest of the world. Since they have access to the Founding titan, Paradis has access to the rumbling and can use it as a deterring force. Marley loses its position as the world's sole superpower. If Paradis remained a closed off country until they managed to establish diplomatic relations with the rest of the world then full on war could be avoided, especially since there seems to be pro Eldian sympathizers amongst foreign diplomats (as seen from the Asian lady who protected Udo during the party). Not to say war isn't avoidable, but that it would be much more akin to a cold war than an actual World War.

Paradis is also well fortified and self subsistent as a nation. The only improvements they would need are anti air capabilities, which they obviously have been improving on considering they have at least one airship.

It's a slower much more passive approach which is antithetical to Eren's approach ever since he was a kid. Even though Eren seems to be a lot more collected and thorough than when he was kid, the same impulses that drove him as a kid still drive him now. Which shows that he's still kind of a twat, just a smart one.
I'm wondering if they've pitched themselves to the other countries as the force that can take down Marley.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
My guess is Zeke is still alive. No way a character like that does that way. He survived the blast somehow

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding suspicions about Zeke, just rewatched episode 2, where the warriors all sit in one room. One of the Marleyan spies - and Reiner - quoted Zeke, who said "not in this room". So Zeke and Reiner later talked about something we didn't hear.
Zeke has full on drunk the Marley cool aid. He's the one who convinced command to restart the Paradis mission. No way he changes sides. Reiner maybe - hopefully, even. But not Zeke.

Yeah, at least they explained Colossal Titan's disappearance in the first episode by showing us Bert's POV, but that just makes the whole Episode 5 scene even weirder. Emitting steam does thin him out eventually, but I don't think the amount of steam he released could have possibly burned through all his muscle instantly, leaving not a single trace of the Colossal Titan to notice.

Rewatching the scene in Episode 5 also made me notice that even when getting blinded and pushed back by the steam, Eren's 3DMG was still attached to the Colossal Titan's neck, right up to the point where Eren went in for the cut. It was only after that did the steam cleared and the Colossal completely vanished.
We do know they can control how fast the steam is expelled (and also the scale of the explosion) Its definitely a stretch, but not necessarily a full on plot hole, depending on how far you're willing to suspend your disbelief. Though I think ultimately the reason it happened that way was "cause it looks cool" lol.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Btw has Falco cursed or shown apathy towards Eren so far since he transformed? I think he's mentioned his name and "Krueger" a couple of times, but there weren't signs of disgust there, I think he's still confused and betrayed because he really liked "Mr. Krueger", so that might come into play later.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
The tweets coming out of this episode are killing me.

🤣

Well, probably not, but why did he inform them about that? What could the warriors talk about the Marleyans are not supposed to hear?
Honestly, I can't think of a reason. It just looks to me while watching it that that scene was not framed in a way to imply that they spoke about something else later.

I guess I'll like... half-retract my previous comment? Haha.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Holy fucking shit what an episode

Jean going all Vanquish and fucking sliding to fire the thunder spear

Jean going "fuck them kids" and fires right at another human showing that he's grown from that time he hesitated in season 3

Armin nuking a Goddamn city (he looks hot btw)

Eren using his enemies own weapon against them with the Jaw like holy fuck that was dark

That settles it, AoT is an top 3 all time anime for me Jesus Christ I can't wait for next week

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Porco was talking all that good shit towards reiner, calling him a bitch for losing on paradis, and has now taken more Ls than anyone in this entire series. Karma came swiftly.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the first two dubs right now. Enjoying what I'm hearing so far, though there's a bit of uneveness/consistency that is likely due to the remote recording conditions. Hopefully these actors can live up to the "Call for Help" scene that just floored us this episode.

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
Zeke has full on drunk the Marley cool aid. He's the one who convinced command to restart the Paradis mission. No way he changes sides. Reiner maybe - hopefully, even. But not Zeke.
Honestly, I can't think of a reason. It just looks to me while watching it that that scene was not framed in a way to imply that they spoke about something else later.

I guess I'll like... half-retract my previous comment? Haha.
So, I won't read to much into this scene for now, yet keep it at the back of my mind.
Zeke's behavior is just suspicious. He was beaten in that short timeframe and knew about the limited time Levi had. Maybe he let Levi capture him on purpose and has a secret plan?

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
GOAT. Even better than last week's episode due to a better balance of action, story and characters.

The stakes are just insane but the episodes keep hitting all the right notes, which makes me have faith that Isayama will manage to land this thing.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I feel like Colossal's nuke transformation is something Isayama wanted to add later, but at least there are legitimate reasons for why he didn't use the nuke during his Season 1 and 2 transformations.

The Colossal Titan disappearing without a trace (especially the one where he did it right in front of Eren) is definitely the worst continuity error in the show though. It pretty much goes against everything we've learned about Titan transformation since then, and there's still no clear explanation for it.

He beat his previous any% Beast Titan WR for sure.
I feel like Bretholt didn't want to straight up instantly murder everyone he grew up with, which is why he didn't nuke them in season 2. In Season 1 him not nuking everyone and then him disappearing are definite flaws unless someone has an explanation.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I feel like Bretholt didn't want to straight up instantly murder everyone he grew up with, which is why he didn't nuke them in season 2. In Season 1 him not nuking everyone and then him disappearing are definite flaws unless someone has an explanation.

I think because he didn't want to trigger the end of the fucking world and cause the rumbling.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what Reiner plans to do here. Beast and Cart titan down, Warhammer eaten up, jobber Porco getting tossed around like a rag doll. Every one of the Scouts is loaded with thunder spears. He also transformed half cocked. Should have just stayed half dead.

Eren is the strongest creature in this universe right now, he has power of 3 titans in him. Marleyans don't stand a chance against him without some extra military tech.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
If he nuked in season 2 on the wall, he would have killed Eren and Ymir, which they needed to be alive when they kidnapped them.

edit: beaten

Kimaris

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Got damn, another great episode.

I'm glad to see the spirit of Erwin Smith still walks among us.

No way Zeke is dead, he's way too big of a character to die that anti-climatically.

The airship pilot gave us another glimpse into the allies Paradis has been able to attain. I'm really curious to see who else they've been able to recruit.

I typically avoid watching next episode previews but this show leaves me so thirsty that I can't help it. I'll echo what others have said as it does seem a little spoilery. I'm dreading what may happen next week.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Btw has Falco cursed or shown apathy towards Eren so far since he transformed? I think he's mentioned his name and "Krueger" a couple of times, but there weren't signs of disgust there, I think he's still confused and betrayed because he really liked "Mr. Krueger", so that might come into play later.

He has actually. Falco damned Eren in this episode.

I don't even know what Reiner plans to do here. Beast and Cart titan down, Warhammer eaten up, jobber Porco getting tossed around like a rag doll. Every one of the Scouts is loaded with thunder spears. He also transformed half cocked. Should have just stayed half dead.

Eren is the strongest creature in this universe right now, he has power of 3 titans in him. Marleyans don't stand a chance against him without some extra military tech.

Anti-Titan artillery was still fucking Eren up. The only reason they didn't kill was because reinforcements came and they wanted the Warhammer Titan to eat him.

Also some plot armor involved since the Warhammer Titan did the whole "any last words" thing to buy some time

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Porco. Dude should be now considered the jobber titan.

Being Reiner is indeed suffering.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic episode yet again. Eren utilizing the Jaw to his advantage was some "if I can't hit you with the hammer I'll hit the hammer with YOU" big brain shit.

Though one thing bothered me here and that was Zeke. Dude went down WAY too easy. Almost like a random no name mindless titan. I know Levi is cool and strong and all but the thing is Zeke knows that too. Speaking of him knowing things, that "your time is almost up" comment is pretty sus as well. Like, what? How would you know?
Something is definitely up I think. Either Zeke has some greater plan and willingly let himself get captured or he actually switched sides or something.

Once again I can't wait for the next episode.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ho-lee shit... what an episode.

Even feeling bad for those Marley Titans (well except zeke he deserves everything and more) like the poor Warhammer lady, we barely knew ye.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
The disappearing act is weird. The rest makes sense, even beyond what you pointed out above. It wouldn't be such a great idea to nuke one of the walls (there are biiig mindless Titans inside, let's leave them alone and just target the gates instead), Eren (possibly the Founding Titan they're supposed to recover... worst case, he's "just" the Attack Titan, and that would still mean a new Titan for Marley) or Ymir (Marley would probably like to keep/recover their Jaw Titan, too).

EDIT: Beaten about as soundly as Poor Porco.

Last edited:

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Damn that was good. But wtf at that preview. That seems huge spoiler. Don't watch it whatever you do!

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think because he didn't want to trigger the end of the fucking world and cause the rumbling.
Nuking there would also have killed Eren and Ymir, and they're supposed to be retrieving the titans, not throwing them back into the reincarnation lottery.
If he nuked in season 2 on the wall, he would have killed Eren and Ymir, which they needed to be alive when they kidnapped them.

edit: beaten
The disappearing act is weird. The rest makes sense, even beyond what you pointed out above. It wouldn't be such a great idea to nuke one of the walls (there are biiig mindless Titans inside, let's leave them alone and just target the gates instead), Eren (possibly the Founding Titan they're supposed to recover) or Ymir (Marley would probably like to keep/recover their Jaw Titan, too).

EDIT: Beaten about as soundly as Poor Porco.
giphy.gif

Beaten about as soundly as Poor Porco.
tumblr_oljd5hpHj01vwgg92o1_500.gif

Porco getting memed into oblivion

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I think Falco seeing Reiner on all fours in front of Eren asking Eren to kill him left a mark too - he's definitely aware that things aren't as black and white as "we're good / they're bad".

Can anyone (taking extreme care not to manga-spoil) tell me if anime-only peeps are supposed to know what the rumbling is at this point? I saw it mentioned in today's ep but didn't remember it. Was that in a previous (anime) ep? It's hard keeping up with all the lingo in this series - the world/backstory has so many layers 😱

Thanks for clarifying who Grice was, too - knew I'd remembered that name from not too far back.

This show reminds me of Lost in that there are loads of questions I want answers to from several seasons back. (Except Lost didn't answer most of them, LOL.) Probably a half dozen or so ATM tho the biggest one is why the Owl knew the names of Eren's crew when he passed the Attack Titan's powers to Grisha. This show is too damn good lol

Anyelocp

Mar 28, 2019
Men i just noticed the pictures of the panzer unit that guy had, the guy sasha killed, they and pieck were really a family, and they all were killed by paradis. That made me feel sad honestly, i dont know who to root for.

Last edited:

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I think Falco seeing Reiner on all fours in front of Eren asking Eren to kill him left a mark too - he's definitely aware that things aren't as black and white as "we're good / they're bad".

Can anyone (taking extreme care not to manga-spoil) tell me if anime-only peeps are supposed to know what the rumbling is at this point? I saw it mentioned in today's ep but didn't remember it. Was that in a previous (anime) ep? It's hard keeping up with all the lingo in this series - the world/backstory has so many layers 😱

Thanks for clarifying who Grice was, too - knew I'd remembered that name from not too far back.

This show reminds me of Lost in that there are loads of questions I want answers to from several seasons back. (Except Lost didn't answer most of them, LOL.) Probably a half dozen or so ATM tho the biggest one is why the Owl knew the names of Eren's crew when he passed the Attack Titan's powers to Grisha. This show is too damn good lol

What his face had a huge production about it with shadow puppets and actors like 2 episodes ago.....

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Can anyone (taking extreme care not to manga-spoil) tell me if anime-only peeps are supposed to know what the rumbling is at this point? I saw it mentioned in today's ep but didn't remember it. Was that in a previous (anime) ep?
Yep. It was first mentioned back in season 3, when Grisha discussed Marley's plan to recover the Founding Titan with the other Restorationists, and Willy just talked about it in his speech (that one was the first time the term "rumbling" was used).

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

The Rumbling is basically King Fritz threat that the wall titans would flatten the Earth if Paradis were attacked. Willy mentioned it 2 episodes ago and we've heard about the threat in season 3 as well, but it was said to be nothing more than a threat since his royal family line is not able to use the Founding Titan for attack, only for keeping the status quo.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Reiner either has to completely trounce Eren or die next episode. He got the anime friendship power-up. He fumbles another Eren fight and Porco is handing him his L back

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how the preview directly spoiled anything tbh, I'm a bit confused as to why y'all are saying that :/