• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm also curious to see if we finally get the return of the most creative titan out of them all: "female titan"
Who'd take it, though? You wouldn't really want to give it to the Scout's officers, since you need them alive in the long term to rebuild the regiment. But you also want to give it to someone who can be trusted. Ideally, you'd probably be best off giving it to some random, injured Scout.
is it gonna be Colossal and Attack vs. War Hammer, Armored, Cart and Jaw next week? Like that's actually feasible.... holy shit.
The Beast titan is also present. Somewhere. If he feels like joining in, I guess.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have problems following the action in manga in general. Never understand what's going on. That's why I dropped MHA.
Wow, I didn't realize there were other people like this. I've read thousands of chapters at this point in my life across every genre imaginable. I can never, ever follow the action. Never. Only the dialogue helps me piece together what is happening. Doesn't matter which manga I'm reading.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'm glad this type of CGI doesn't annoy me, I thought the whole episode looked great, even the CGI humans and Titans.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Wow, I didn't realize there were other people like this. I've read thousands of chapters at this point in my life across every genre imaginable. I can never, ever follow the action. Never. Only the dialogue helps me piece together what is happening.

I usually prefer reading manga for non-action types of series like if I wanted romance or horror or suspense.

Hello.

Jan 20, 2020
A couple shots I didn't entirely love in the episode were Udo's death (was he... trampled? I couldn't really tell) and Attack Titan being beheaded (had to rewatch it just because I was like wait why is his head missing, where are his arms, what just happened in that split second shot). On the whole I'm still super happy with the animation and direction though!
Just to say that this is actually censored, but not MAPPA's fault, but rather NHK (the channel that AoT is broadcasted on) and their censorship rules. They had to do something here to abide by the rules of the channel but enough to keep the impact that, yes, he was in fact beheaded. So yeah, it was pretty fast and you could miss it but I think they did a decent job with this part in particular.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I didn't realize there were other people like this. I've read thousands of chapters at this point in my life across every genre imaginable. I can never, ever follow the action. Never. Only the dialogue helps me piece together what is happening. Doesn't matter which manga I'm reading.

Same here, I have to stay a long time in action pages to get what is actually happening.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what's people's problem with the use of CGI, I think some of you have no idea what actually distractingly bad CGI looks like (watch Baki on Netflix lmao).

mga0e3Z.gif

This works just fine.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Shortest feeling episode ever.

War Hammer is OP. I see why it was saved for last.

Eren's gone full dark side. ☹

Seeing the Scouts being crazy OP in this environment was hype. Everyone looks so interesting post-timeskip.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm going to third this. I'm caught up on MHA, even, and I can hardly tell what the fuck is going on sometimes. It's SO hard to follow.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
I have problems following the action in manga in general. Never understand what's going on. That's why I dropped MHA.

I also have problems following action on manga, that's why i always watch the anime adaptations when they're available. My only exception has been one punch man by Yusuke Murata, but that guy is probably one of the best artist in the world right now so the action sequences he draws are really just perfect.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, also, CG was good and really easy to follow for me. And I think most CG is bad in anime. Probably the least offensive CG I've seen. Got people hype, got me hype, we're good.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Also the most limited by movement, it seems? All the other titans could likely travel for several hundred kilometers, no issue. Warhammer titan is locked in place. Unless that was just a clever tactic, and the warhammer titan can be utilised normally.
I assumed that that was just something they did this time around and that they can form from the nape if they so choose. But I suppose the show hasn't been clear on that point yet.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
If the warhammer titan can function normally then, yeah, it's a total unit.
She could always will a small container strapped to her hips and keep the shifter in there while allowing mobility :P but yeah, there must be a reason it happened this way, or maybe that's simply how it works.

With that said, I'm still curious as to why she was gonna murder Eren instead of eating him, there's gotta be a reason for that!
yeah im glad idgaf about CGI lol

people lose their minds at the sight of it
Yeah, it only annoyed me in the Broly movie because, well, it was a movie and it was clearly bad in key parts of the movie, but here? It is looking very good imo and it flows well.

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
She could always will a small container strapped to her hips and keep the shifter in there while allowing mobility :P but yeah, there must be a reason it happened this way, or maybe that's simply how it works.

With that said, I'm still curious as to why she was gonna murder Eren instead of eating him, there's gotta be a reason for that!
Maybe to pass ownership of the titan powers to random Eldians? This episode confirmed that the Tyburs are concerned about the future of the Eldians. Might be a long term play to protect Eldian interests, since any new inheritors of the titan powers would take years to discover given the random inheritance?
dont discount the scouts

porco is learning that literally right now
Pretty funny that Porco almost died in a matter of seconds after badmouthing Reiner all season.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I watched the entire series recently (season 1 to 3 in a week) and yeah, Mappa's animation does bug me a bit...the Titans being all CG somewhat, but what really bugs me is whenever they use CG in a weird place that seems uncesscesary, like there's a scene in one episode of this season where the nerdy glasses kid is doing these super weird, realistic movements I hated.

Also I TOO have trouble parsing most action scenes in manga...or like any scene in One Piece. My Hero Academia's latest (slog in my opinion) arc has me scratching my head most every chapter as to what's happening.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty funny that Porco almost died in a matter of seconds after badmouthing Reiner all season.

I love his "why are they attacking me, can't they see I'm a Titan??"

I watched the entire series recently (season 1 to 3 in a week) and yeah, Mappa's animation does bug me a bit...the Titans being all CG somewhat, but what really bugs me is whenever they use CG in a weird place that seems uncesscesary, like there's a scene in one episode of this season where the nerdy glasses kid is doing these super weird, realistic movements I hated.

That was rotoscoping, not CG.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Yooooooo ep 65 the hits just kept coming. It's so damn good to see everyone again I yelled every time an OG squad member showed up. Also that fight just so much fun.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
That was fucking great, can't help but feel conflicted but was so hype. Thought the CG looked fine personally, would even say it looked quite good, despite it being obvious at points.

Random point but I thought Eren body slamming the stands of military personnel was kinda hilarious.
is it gonna be Colossal and Attack vs. War Hammer, Armored, Cart and Jaw next week? Like that's actually feasible.... holy shit.
Didn't think about that. Nuclear Armin popping off would just peak the craziness.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If anything, the fact that he's a titan probably just made them move reflexively after years and years of endless trauma. Sort of how we'd squish an especially grotesque bug if it came too close.
Not to mention, they know how his Titan works and have seen it in action many times
dont discount the scouts

porco is learning that literally right now
oh for sure, I'm just saying it's crazy how we'll have nearly every Titan in the same area (except Female)

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not to mention, they know how his Titan works and have seen it in action many times
Aye! An (un?)intentional callback to the 2nd episode where the now-squished Marleyan commander was complaining about how the titans have become less effective, due to technological advancements. Turns out you don't need massive anti-titan weaponry (which wasn't even that effective vs Eren in any case).
The real demons of Paradis.
j2ESyCF.png
Punished Karasuno

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
That scene was so unbelievably badass. Had chills the whole time.

Possibly dumb Q (this show is so dense I often worry I missed something obvious) - why couldn't Jaws bite Eren right before Levi got to him?
Levi sliced the muscle that enacts the motion. Not the first time they've utilized human anatomy knowledge to cripple titans.

Edit: Oh, you said before. Dramatic timing? 😅

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For anyone who wants to see good action, read the manga instead, lmao. It's legitimately superior in even that somehow by now, and I say that as someone who's been recommending the anime over the manga at nearly every point.

Anything that's good about these episodes lately is almost exclusively due to extremely strong source material. The adaptation does take away, rather than add here.

But imma piece out of this thread for good, as to not go on everyone's nerves.
You're telling me the colors, the animation, the amazing music/soundtrack, the incredible voice acting etc, takes away instead of add?? Nah get out of here lol 😂

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Christ people are harassing Mappa staff on twitter. The Attack on Titan anime fandom has been showing its arse online these past two episodes.

Another fantastic episode. The ending sequence was phenomenal.

The war hammer titan looked amazing in CGI. Though I'm not a fan of how Eren's titan and the survey corps were looking at times.

I do hope Mappa brings back more 2D titan action. The close up of Eren's titan at the start of the episode looked so much better than at any other point.

Also Mikasa and Levi's entrances were sooooo goooooood

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
CG definetly had some wonky shots.

It was mostly the faces of the human characters and a couple of shots of the Attack Titan when he's doing slight movements where he looked super framey for some reason.

Most of it was superb tho.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know everyone killed a bunch of innocents off screen but I just wanna point out the only people Sasha was shown killing were basically Nazi guardsmen.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
I loved it, the direction, the score, the way they make the Titans feel and move with the weight of their size. But there will be the same critiques as before. No clue what they mean about the CGI this season, nor the wOrSt eVaH animation hot takes. The sound direction was on point too in the fights, I love how they are making the Attack Titan sound. My only complaint is that I notice a few shots were they frame it and shoot in such a way as to cut back on the animation work somewhat.
Whatever clunky shots or animations it's no worse than in the previous seasons, and there were plenty of those too in the last one.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The CG is great. Only didn't like it in the shot were they're all flying towards Porco, but the rest looks great, I really actually love the way the movements look with these CG titans when looking specifically at the fights.

Attack on Titan keeps being incredible, this episode was so full highlights, loved seeing all the post-time skip gang again doing their incredible flying maneuvers.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite as hype as expected but still very enjoyable. Did not have a problem with the CG, barely even noticed it.