• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
If you only follow the anime then don't watch the trailer as it contains spoiler for the upcoming season.

If you already own Attack on titan 2 then you will be able to download the new content as a DLC

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-f...cters-and-battles-on-ps4-xbo-switch-and-steam

Crunchyroll said:
Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle is an expansion to 2018's Attack on Titan 2, featuring characters and missions from season 3, now with over 40 playable characters, original episodes to expand the story, and new weapons like Thunder Spears--especially handy against the Armored Titan!

Final Battle also includes a Wall Reclamation Mode, where you get to put together your own squad (that won't have to be canon!) and take back territory from the Titans, and an anti-personnel battle experience where you take on ODM-equipped killers in wild aerial showdowns.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Is the DLC free for owners of the original? Probably not?
I don't own the game yet, might as well wait for the complete package now.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Is the DLC free for owners of the original? Probably not?
I don't own the game yet, might as well wait for the complete package now.
no, but they didn't say how much, maybe $15

D1jL_AZWsAUgKHB.jpg

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Awesome. I'm all in. I'm playing the base 2nd game pretty regularly already. I might even grab the full retail package and give my base disc to a friend.

Send me a pm if you're playing base 2 on PS4. Always down for co-op.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool, kinda expected them to make a third game instead of an expansion. Hopefully, I can find the base game for a good price.

Rurmelly

Jan 31, 2018
woohoo hope this invigorates the online community. Absolutely impossible to get an online session atm, even on Switch

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Huh? There is one new Titan on the package which I am surprised to see.

Edit: I just forgot :)

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Nice, fun game. that I still come back to from time to time. Buying this DAY 1. Sucks I have to wait till July though lol

Heads up to those who play the first game and thinking about jumping in now, they change the control scheme up a bit, enough to be jarring, but you will eventually get use to it. Dont let it take you out of the game.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
A free dlc for the original game??
Fuck yeah

DangerousVillainousBighornedsheep-size_restricted.gif

Don't sleep on this game guys, on hard the gameplay is super-fun and the mobility\traversal are god tier, you feel like the fucking levi.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If you can fight humans now then they need to include pvp multiplayer
Agreed. It may be one of a kind too. I can't recall another game with movement like this that allows player versus player combat. Imagine Spider-Man maneuverability against human opponents. Goddamn I want this to happen.

Don't sleep on this game guys, on hard the gameplay is super-fun and the mobility\traversal are god tier, you feel like the fucking levi.
And it keeps getting better. I thought I was moving around like a boss and then I unlocked the multi strike. Taking down multiple titans through carefully timed stick taps and target switching makes it feel like a different game!

Last edited:

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
I don't mind spoilers but goddamn they need to chill. Season 3 Part 2 of the anime needs to come out first.

Still gonna get it :D

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Nice. I probably wouldn't have bought an entirely new retail release but I'm likely to consider a DLC expansion.

The framerate could get pretty bad in Switch handheld mode but the game's movement was so good

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
Do I need to play the first game? I thought I heard you could get AOT2 and play through AOT1 with AOT2 updated game mechanics?

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Do I need to play the first game? I thought I heard you could get AOT2 and play through AOT1 with AOT2 updated game mechanics?
Not really. The 2nd game retreads the first season. You play through the story as your personally created avatar and it works quite well imo.

Does this have split-screen? What about a create-a-character like the 3DS game?
No split screen unfortunately. The engine can barely handle full screen in some places though.

You do create your own character and play through the campaign as them. The character creator is robust in some areas, lacking in others. I was able to create a somewhat faithful anime Jill Valentine.

mYZS0DX.jpg

MxIJV2j.jpg

Last edited:

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
Not really. The 2nd game retreads the first season. You play through the story as your personally created avatar and it works quite well imo.

No split screen unfortunately. The engine can barely handle full screen in some places though.

You do create your own character and play through the campaign as them. The character creator is robust in some areas, lacking in others. I was able to create a somewhat faithful anime Jill Valentine.

mYZS0DX.jpg

MxIJV2j.jpg

Thanks!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh SHIT

I never played the AoT games, are they too much like Musou? I'm kinda eh on those and not sure how much mileage I get.

...but this upcoming arc in the anime is one of the best things in the entire series. I'm very interested in this!

Edit: Ok that trailer is definitely spoiler heavy O_O

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Oh SHIT

I never played the AoT games, are they too much like Musou? I'm kinda eh on those and not sure how much mileage I get.

...but this upcoming arc in the anime is one of the best things in the entire series. I'm very interested in this!

Edit: Ok that trailer is definitely spoiler heavy O_O

It didn't feel too much like a musou to me, they managed to do their own thing and make the combat system fit really well with the series.

I really enjoyed it.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh SHIT

I never played the AoT games, are they too much like Musou?

Nothing like Musou imo. Movement and combat can probably be closely compared to the better 3D Spider-Man games, but fighting titans. Stages are self contained with objectives that must be completed to win and move on. In between the action there's an overworld hub where you can talk to others characters to build relationships, upgrade equipment, and unlock side missions and skills that you can apply to your character.

After (and even during) the story you can play through battles in the more arcade-like "Another Mode". You can use your avatar or characters you've unlocked in the story. The online portion of the mode includes co-op and competitive levels.

I'd say it's probably my favorite anime based action game. Previously that was held by Ghost in the Shell on PS1. Both games have unique methods of traversal and combat.

Last edited:

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
So I wonder if
we find out the fate of our character. It looked like they died but then the end scene seem to imply they may still be alive.

I hope they give us some payoff/closure to that.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It didn't feel too much like a musou to me, they managed to do their own thing and make the combat system fit really well with the series.

I really enjoyed it.
Nothing like Musou imo. Movement and combat can probably be closely compared to the better 3D Spider-Man games, but fighting titans. Stages are self contained with objectives that must be completed to win and move on. In between the action there's an overworld hub where you can talk to others characters to build relationships, upgrade equipment, and unlock side missions and skills that you can apply to your character.

After (and even during) the story you can play through battles in the more arcade-like "Another Mode". You can use your avatar or characters you've unlocked in the story. The online portion of the mode includes co-op and competitive levels.

I'd say it's probably my favorite anime based action game. Previously that was held by Ghost in the Shell on PS1. Both games have unique methods of traversal and combat.

Ok that's good, it really sounds up my alley especially the 3D Spiderman type gameplay. I think I may actually grab this later summer, thanks!

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
So um yeah, the upgrade pack is $40 o_O
And I don't think it even comes with the previously released DLCs (the dozens of costumes and additional episodes).
Even the full $60 re-release will might not come with those DLCs.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Got this in a three for 79€ deal alongside Judgment and Resident Evil 2. Played some missions and I have to say that I am really liking it so far. I didn't play the first game and didn't watch videos or much information for the game. I am pleasantly surprised that there seems to be a lot of story, cutscenes and even some kind of social link system between the characters where you can run around town and talk to your comrades. Gameplay is very fun, too. Gliding around with your 3D-gear and slashing Titans feels good.