• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This feels like Bioshock but passed through the A24/weird movie lable filter and I love it.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Since S. T. A. L. K. E. R. 2 is also gamepass, and has a December release date, I'm guessing this is November.

They'll probably try to fit Scorn in that autumn release season, too.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was the game always meant to be this kind of crazy shooter? The very earlier trailers give off a more horror-ish vibe.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Was the game always meant to be this kind of crazy shooter? The very earlier trailers give off a more horror-ish vibe.
Yeah you can sort of see a mood/direction change, I think this was supposed to be something more slow-paced/more like an immersive sim.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Looks like the kind of game that lags on 3090ti and kills PCs like good ol' STALKER, because of the bad optimisation. Hope I'm wrong, because it looks crazy and I want to play it

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
These robot designs will give me nightmares, can't wait for this it looks insane

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
The lip sync and some of the dialogue are super jarring. But the gameplay looks fun.
I wonder if it's because the lip sync is tuned to the original Russian? (I'm assuming Russian, at least, based on the text on the computer screens)

I'm very excited for this game, but similar to some others, I'm worried it's too good to be true. I have a hard time believing a small studio with 0 track record can come out with something this good, but if this hits, I'd imagine Embracer will be knocking down their door.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Russian Bioshock looks very great. I hope it plays just as good as it looks. I don't need more Eurojank in my life.

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
It looks incredible, my concerns are:

1) Voice acting is hilariously bad, which I'm hoping will be fixed by just playing in the original language (Russian I assume)
2) FPS games often have melee combat that lacks impact, and with the amount of it on display here, it'd suck a lot of energy out of the game if that's the case. Won't know until we get some gameplay previews if they avoided that trap.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
Looks awesome, love the art direction. Voice sync was very off and the sound mix in the trailer was rough though. Also, I have no idea what this developer has made before, so not sure what to expect. But definitely willing to give it a try!

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
EuroJankShock still has me hyped, even with the terrible English VA.
Hopefully it'd weird Soviet WestWorld/World fo Tomorrow vibe is as interesting as trailer make it seem

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
the graphics are too GOOD, there's something wrong here.

STALKER 2 and Atomic Heart are really really impressive coming from smaller teams in Ukraine and Russia, and Atomic Heart devs never made anything.

Insane.

GSC has been staffing up again. They released Cossacks 3 before re-announcing S. T. A. L. K. E. R. 2, so they are back in full swing --and they've always been one of the biggest Uki dev teams.

Mundfish has 2 offices in the 2 most expensive cities in Russia, so they've clearly got some resources. It is a crazy ambitious game, but I'm hopeful.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
This is one of those games where my response is "Wait, I thought that came out ages ago."

I feel like I've been seeing footage for this kick around for the better part of five years at this point.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
It's definitely changed a bit since I first saw it. Looks good, unique style to it and like the idea of the powers but as people have said, there's definitely an element of too good to be true. I'm expecting jank, and the game to run poorly on consoles.

Going to guess with that ******ber release window, they'll aim for September and probably fall closer to November/December.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Some details from the IGN Q&A

• Campaign will be about 20 hours with completing the main story plus some side missions, much longer for completionist
• There will be crafting, character abilities and weapons customization
• Numerous big difficult puzzle dungeons
• 2 possible endings

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Ok so like... is it possible for something to look so good and so cool that you legitimately assume its going to be really bad, is an outright lie... or both?

Like that looks so cool I sorta just assume its not real? Lets call it "week before No Man's Sky releases" syndrome?

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I know they were heavily inspired by Bioshock initially, but this latest footage gives me Wolfenstein/Doom vibes as well.

It's always looked interesting! Let's hope the game delivers! :)

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It looks nice. The very obvious dub is horrific though. Ruins it. Almost tempted to play in Russian and endure subtitles just to avoid it.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
the gameplay, combat and weirdness still look excellent but the graphics don't seem on the same jawdropping level as earlier trailers...graphics downgrade?

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
I like how one of the powers is literally Bucking Bronco from Infinite. I planned on playing in Russian anyway, so the dub doesn't bother me.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
the gameplay, combat and weirdness still look excellent but the graphics don't seem on the same jawdropping level as earlier trailers...graphics downgrade?
Yes it's not as insane as it was years ago when it propably didn't have actual working gameplay systems in place. Now it's an actual product and seems to go for bombastic action more than what was alluded to in the early videos. The lighting looks more flat. Still a looker though, now it just looks realistic.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
It looks super cool. Mick Gordon is a major turnoff for me but I guess I can play with the music off like Doom Eternal.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Ok so like... is it possible for something to look so good and so cool that you legitimately assume its going to be really bad, is an outright lie... or both?

Like that looks so cool I sorta just assume its not real? Lets call it "week before No Man's Sky releases" syndrome?