• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Russian journalists got to play the game and here are his impressions with gameplay.

Game really looks insane.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Still interested in this, but still interested in all those claims that came to surface about its development a few months ago.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am just going to mentally categorize this as a STALKER-type game.

Because that is what I am hoping for.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Still interested in this, but still interested in all those claims that came to surface about its development a few months ago.

I mean video shows studio, journalist says that 50 people are currently working on it and from that video we can see that some parts of the game are playable.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
That motion blur is killing me. It looks good, but still a good year or two from being delivered.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they take the time they need. If a combat focused FPS doesn't work I'd gladly take this as a purely exploration focused game a la Infra.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks and sounds just absolutely incredible, but also pretty far away. Can't wait.

mugendee

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay looks really solid. Strong Bioshock vibes from this.

Looking forward.

I also get strong Bioshock vibes from this game.

I was so impressed with that initial longer gameplay preview a year ago. Looked like everything I loved in this type of FPS. Also getting strong HL2:EP2 vibes from the forest areas.

Hopefully we see more soon!

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard a lot of really worrying things about development of this game. Like most the work of the last demo was done by one guy, very scripted, and he's far too talented to be there.

Definitely seems to be a bit more to bite off here. Its hard to tell how much more they've actually done though, or if it's more window dressing type situation.

mugendee

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard a lot of really worrying things about development of this game. Like most the work of the last demo was done by one guy, very scripted, and he's far too talented to be there.

Definitely seems to be a bit more to bite off here. Its hard to tell how much more they've actually done though, or if it's more window dressing type situation.

I read the same thing. I briefly read that the first gameplay released was scripted/linear and the hype that it got meant the dev team had to completely change the game. Can't find where I read it, maybe someone else has more.

Either way, if they release a game they're showing I'd be very keen. I love how strange and weird it looks. Kinda creepy and very odd.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I read the same thing. I briefly read that the first gameplay released was scripted/linear and the hype that it got meant the dev team had to completely change the game. Can't find where I read it, maybe someone else has more.

Either way, if they release a game they're showing I'd be very keen. I love how strange and weird it looks. Kinda creepy and very odd.
Absolutely, I love the setting. I think a lot of people do. Hopefully they're making good progress since then.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017

Watch the video in the OP. That's exactly the concerns the journalist had going in, and he got to play the game for a solid 3 hours. I haven't watched all of it yet, but he goes into lots of detail and there's plenty of footage (not captured from his session, mind you).

Game looks so stylish and cool. I'm really hoping for the best!

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to believe this game is legit until it's out and reviewed. It looks too good and slick to be real

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Feels like this game has been on my Steam wishlist for ages now. Looks great. More immersive sims are always welcome.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
The Global Alert System feels like Chaos rating in Dishonored, only more player-focused. While the cameras, Bees, Generators layer is deffo more Bioshock-y.

I like that there's no "realistic" weapons limit.

I'm a bit worried that they're promising the whole thing will be a "seamless" open world with instantaneous transitions into specific locations. That sounds ridiculously ambitious.

Also, it's a game from CIS made in UE4.... Galyonkin's probably got a suitcase stuffed with cash with Mundfish's name on it.

I do like what I'm hearing though. Apparently, the devs have a release date set, so here's hoping everything goes smoothly. Looking forward to it.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I don't mind the idea of the game being linear, or of it having no real story. I sorta like the idea of just being dropped in this super creepy Roadside Picnic-esque setting. I do hope they get decent sound design to go with the amazing visuals. And of course I hope it actually comes out one day.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I refuse to believe a project with such ambition and clear passion (and talent) behind it won't see the light of day. I just hope it delivers.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I'm glad it looks like a real game now.

The first demo they showed was definitely faked in a lot of spots.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I'm still worried about what playable state the game is in, but I'll always be attracted to the art. And watching a bit of the video, seeing somebody mention Zeno Clash as part of the inspiration does warrant some respect from me.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this game is never coming out

It's a shame because it's really interesting visually

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
The visuals and art design look interesting, but I'm already seeing this won't be for me. Very similar to BioShock and Prey. Dropped those after a few hours to.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this game is never coming out

It's a shame because it's really interesting visually

That's the spirit!

I choose to be cautiously optimistic that they can deliver something decent. This has one of the more unique aesthetics for a sci-fi game, some of those enemy designs are really cool such as the robot with the protruding saw blade that comes out the back. The RT demo looks gorgeous on my rig, and while I'm willing to admit some of those early gameplay shots are certainly iffy, there's enough that looks feasibly real time that I'm not gonna put this into the vaporware category yet. Would make for a fantastic title for the RT capable consoles. A new Bioshock alike would be a most welcome thing.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
That's the spirit!

I choose to be cautiously optimistic that they can deliver something decent. This has one of the more unique aesthetics for a sci-fi game, some of those enemy designs are really cool such as the robot with the protruding saw blade that comes out the back. The RT demo looks gorgeous on my rig, and while I'm willing to admit some of those early gameplay shots are certainly iffy, there's enough that looks feasibly real time that I'm not gonna put this into the vaporware category yet. Would make for a fantastic title for the RT capable consoles. A new Bioshock alike would be a most welcome thing.

Honestly, a lot of people in this thread seem to be totally ignoring the video in the OP. They let the guy play 3 hours of the game, no smoke and mirrors.