• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Hopefully more effort is being put into a port/remaster of P3 rather than the bare minimum they did for Golden
There's not much to do with Golden though. It added a lot of the QoL that would later be in P5 and is already in "HD".

P3 needs a full remaster because FES has no party control and P3P is a visual novel.

Golden's strong performance on PC tells me that there's a massive lost opportunity for Royal not being multiplatform. The audience for Persona games isn't exclusively on Playstation consoles, not by a long shot.

The last few years have seen console JRPGs come out in PC a year or more later (8 years for P4G, to be fair). There's still hope for Royal.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had Royal should had just waited to be released on next gen consoles. Imagine it being a launch title.

Hard to sell an enhanced/improved version of an perfect game a few years after the release of the original. It's cool we have a even better version of the game. But damn, they could had at least made a female Joker.

Persona 4 The Golden selling 500k is impressive considering it released out of nowhere with no advertising and its a such an old game.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
There's not much to do with Golden though. It added a lot of the QoL that would later be in P5 and is already in "HD".

P3 needs a full remaster because FES has no party control and P3P is a visual novel.

The last few years have seen console JRPGs come out in PC a year or more later (8 years for P4G, to be fair). There's still hope for Royal.
Mostly meant how its kind of a bummer that Golden PC is still formatted like it was for the Vita, they didn't rescale the ui and text for a larger screen (and also the super compressed Jpn VA).

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
If I had time I would get Royal but I already played 80% of the game when it released. I dont have another 60 hours to kill to play through it again. Glad to see they are doing well. Would love to see Persona 3 somewhere that I could play...

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Very happy P4G is doing well on the PC. I will probably buy Royal once it hits the PC as well. Here's hoping it doesn't take the better part of a decade for that to happen as it did with P4G.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
No releases in this period for Switch feels like a missed opportunity since Nintendo is pretty silent. Hopefully it's a new course and we get all the PS2 goodies on this current gen.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Why do I feel like Persona is more profitable for Sega than Sonic right now

Persona has to be one of the better returns on investment in the traditional, non-GaaS space, given that I imagine most stuff that gets to 4 or 5 million cumulative copies has a pretty significantly larger budget. Plus now they have proof of concept that there's tons of untapped money in porting these. Sonic's still for sure worth more when you take licensing and merchandise into account, but in terms of return on a software development project, a Persona game seems like a pretty good deal.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations to Atlus on the success all round !

I did my part, bought both P5R and P4G PC.

Let me buy Scramble too !

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Platform Waring
Why do I get the feeling that all the Persona 5 beggars in this thread are not begging for SMT 5 to go multiplatform?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Persona has to be one of the better returns on investment in the traditional, non-GaaS space, given that I imagine most stuff that gets to 4 or 5 million cumulative copies has a pretty significantly larger budget. Plus now they have proof of concept that there's tons of untapped money in porting these. Sonic's still for sure worth more when you take licensing and merchandise into account, but in terms of return on a software development project, a Persona game seems like a pretty good deal.
Silly of me to forget about merchandising lol

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Had Royal should had just waited to be released on next gen consoles. Imagine it being a launch title.

Hard to sell an enhanced/improved version of an perfect game a few years after the release of the original. It's cool we have a even better version of the game. But damn, they could had at least made a female Joker.

Persona 4 The Golden selling 500k is impressive considering it released out of nowhere with no advertising and its a such an old game.
The price of Persona 4 Golden on PC helped a lot forgot the price but it was cheap i got mine even cheaper through those key reseller sites

And it did kinda get some advertising it was the most talked about game on the PC Gaming Show event live revealed there then immediate release on Steam with the buy it now, Steam also had full on banners etc advertising on front page and other social medias for Persona 4 Golden for awhile around it's launch

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair there was a lot of port begging for SMT V when it was first announced, I think most people have just accepted that it's likely a Nintendo exclusive

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair there was a lot of port begging for SMT V when it was first announced, I think most people have just accepted that it's likely a Nintendo exclusive

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the first Atlus game to have a simultaneous release. Not even Persona has gotten a simultaneous release and that's their biggest franchise. May be the reason why SMT 5 is exclusive.

Like I said earlier I want all their games to not be limited to one platform.

Rods

May 1, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the first Atlus game to have a simultaneous release. Not even Persona has gotten a simultaneous release and that's their biggest franchise. May be the reason why SMT 5 is exclusive.

Like I said earlier I want all their games to not be limited to one platform.
Sega is probably pushing Atlus with these sales numbers, i think at this point it's inevitable, a simultaneous worldwide release is the first step.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Why do I get the feeling that all the Persona 5 beggars in this thread are not begging for SMT 5 to go multiplatform?
Why do I get the feeling that you are rather afraid of "losing" an exclusive game from your preferred plastic box instead of celebrating the fact that Persona might be even more successful (as we can see with P4G for Steam) for Atlus by going multiplatform?

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
No game has ever felt more insulting to my intelligence than royal and hilarious to see people praise and happy about the sales for that game with it being a total rip off at $60.

Happy for golden and deserving of the sales with allowing people to easily access 4. Still think mainline persona games will at the very least see some type of exclusivlty with the playstation brand, its clearly important for playstation in japan

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
They need to put future Persona and Shin Megami Tensei on more platforms.
I have a feeling it will happen. It sounds like SMTV might have an exclusivity deal with Nintendo, but I get a feeling something is changing with Atlus' company attitudes. I think Nocturne HD on Steam might come eventually.

SMTV will be the first worldwide simultaneous release from them. P4G was the first PC port on Steam that Atlus Japan actually worked on themselves (they did not work on the Catherine Classic port). There was a relatively unknown PC port of Persona 1 years ago, but I don't actually know if Atlus made it themselves or even acknowledge it's existence anymore. Atlus' official Japanese Persona Twitter account was actually promoting the P4G Steam port. Before Monday, Atlus almost NEVER announced anything new in a Nintendo Direct or event that wasn't on their own terms. They did tease SMTV (but didn't call it that) at the Nintendo Switch Conference but still announced it as SMTV at their own concert. On Monday they had Nocturne HD (not previously announced) and a new SMTV trailer in a Direct Mini. They also encouraged people to stream/YouTube P4G's PC version but just asked people to mark spoilers: A very different attitude from the past where they would just DMCA things.

I'm really curious what, if anything, possibly changed. Did Sega force something or what? Atlus has had a long history of not making conventional sense, but I hope stuff like the P4G PC port's success really sends them a message. I'm sure Atlus JP execs were watching the sales numbers of that thing.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not excited much for a Royale port but the prospects of a Persona 2 Crimson or Persona 3 Cerulean makes me drool a little bit. New shit is great don't get me wrong but these games are so old that they're basically new again to the people that would mostly be buying them. Especially if they're modernized to match the rest of the series.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not excited much for a Royale port but the prospects of a Persona 2 Crimson or Persona 3 Cerulean makes me drool a little bit. New shit is great don't get me wrong but these games are so old that they're basically new again to the people that would mostly be buying them. Especially if they're modernized to match the rest of the series.

It be like why not both ahaha.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll go all out with the next ports since Persona 4 Golden did so well for them. That shit had to have been straight profit.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Royal sales too damn low I tell ya. GOTY

seriously the best game I have ever played. It's incredible

No game has ever felt more insulting to my intelligence than royal and hilarious to see people praise and happy about the sales for that game with it being a total rip off at $60.

Happy for golden and deserving of the sales with allowing people to easily access 4. Still think mainline persona games will at the very least see some type of exclusivlty with the playstation brand, its clearly important for playstation in japan

why can't people be happy