• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I noticed that Atlus posted a new survey. In it they ask about what games you've played, owned, platforms you have, and more. During my time with the survey, they ask a lot of questions, but these keep popping up. ** North America market only**

1. Do you want a port (Xbox / Switch / PC)
2. Do you want DLC

So it would seem Atlus is possibly looking to gauge if it's viable to port their games to the Xbox, PC, and Switch. And they're asking about every series that they have. However, there's a whole bunch of questions asked, not just about ports either. Collector editions, preorders, etc.

Check out the survey here.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: For some reason I thought this was for Atlas and not Atlus. >.>

Last edited:
OP
OP
shadowhaxor

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I haven't played the game so I won't fill out the survey but it seems really odd they would put in the Switch as an option considering how absolutely busted their last Switch port was and Atlus is a much bigger game which would be even more unplayable.
What?

Atlus is a Pub/developer, not a game. You sure you aren't confused?

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Probably more relevant for PC/Xbox - dont think results of that survey will have any real impact on their games coming to Switch at this point.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the game so I won't fill out the survey but it seems really odd they would put in the Switch as an option considering how absolutely busted their last Switch port was and Atlus is a much bigger game which would be even more unplayable.
Took me a second to realize you are talking about Atlas.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
They actually acknowledged XB1's existence this time? IIRC last year the options were PS4/Switch/3DS/Vita and "other".

EDIT: Oh yeah it's ATLUS US so it makes sense.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should state that it's US only, as it doesn't seem like they are interested in hearing from the European market.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I know this won't change anything at all but I'll use every opportunity I have to tell Atlus I want SMT on PS4 and PC.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
its kind of weird that they ask this now, if the persona 5 switch port is supposedly getting revealed next month, you would think this is the type of survey they would have made a year ago.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Done. I mentioned the transphobic material in Catherine as a reason why I'm hesitant to buy their games.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Answered the survey, a few interesting things in there, but I have no idea what, if anything, it means.

Sign me up for a Switch port of ALL of your games, ATLUS!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Would love to see some Xbox support again. P4A and Catherine on 360 were nice (I bought them both). Anything outside like Persona Q, Persona Dancing, and more niche spinoffs should be on everything under the sun imo.

No real reason for exclusivity with Sony if they aren't paying for it.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Looks like they only want to hear from the US, because my Canadian ass is stuck on pg 1.

Can someone throw in a "Port everything to Switch" and "stop being transphobic bell-ends" for me?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of infuriating that Atlus management seem to have their heads in the sand over this sort of stuff for so long, but I'll do my part and inform them that yes platforms other than Playstation exist.

I shudder to think at how much money they've left on the table by withholding their games from PC/Steam. Switch is more forgivable since it's a relatively recent thing, but the Persona games would clean up on Steam, and I'm still baffled as to why they would not want that money.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Just release your dang games on all platforms, 3rd party exclusives are dumb!

The fact SMT was announced along with the launch of the Switch and before they even had a screenshot to show makes me suspect there's a reason it's an exclusive beyond just that's what they felt like making. Then again they announced P5 way too early and again with that PS4 game Persona team is working on so who knows

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
The fact SMT was announced along with the launch of the Switch and before they even had a screenshot to show makes me suspect there's a reason it's an exclusive beyond just that's what they felt like making. Then again they announced P5 way too early and again with that PS4 game Persona team is working on so who knows
Eh who knows the survey asked if you wanted a port of SMTV to everything under the sun as well. Don't think that would be included if it was impossible.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will respond this with some hope that they're eventually porting their biggest franchises to Xbox. I own a Switch, but I'd rather have them on my main platform (specially at 4K)

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The way this survey is structured, I think the rumors of the upcoming Persona Port are related to this.
I think we'll be seeing that Persona 5R Port coming to all platforms (a first for the series) and they'll go from there.