• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UT0KItz.jpg

52ENvLz.jpg

Steam page

The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

XcBcTXx.jpg

EzqkwBr.jpg
ZqPLlZg.jpg

jStCCY2.jpg
pzqI8En.jpg

CSuLXD5.jpg
6FuqPvo.jpg

C4lcazf.jpg

Last edited:

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I'd like a good pirate MMO but the combat they showed off didn't look all that exciting :|
If you can build up islands or something, then it might be worth some of my time..

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I see a ton of ARK asset re-use, not that that's necessarily bad thing, just something I notice as someone that plays ARK.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. It could be quite cool, I just hope it doesn't crumble under it's own weight using a lot of the same tech ARK uses.

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
I'll keep an eye on it. I never could get into a good community with Ark - which is basically required to do anything. Although I'm already way more interested in the setting.

Arm's length for now.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
If ARK had trouble running on high end machines with maps much smaller than Atlas' and far far less players, I fear for this.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching this thread as my son is very excited about this. We'll probably jump into the early access next week when it launches.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I love the concept but I will wait and see before buying it because of the history of these developers. I have not played ARK but even I have heard about how bad it runs.

If they get this right though, it will be incredible.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Hope the ship combat is great. That's probably the only part of Sea of Thieves I want other pirate games to build off of.

But yeah I do wonder how they'll manage to pull off 40k player servers considering their last game. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If ARK had trouble running on high end machines with maps much smaller than Atlas' and far far less players, I fear for this.

Hope the ship combat is great. That's probably the only part of Sea of Thieves I want other pirate games to build off of.

But yeah I do wonder how they'll manage to pull off 40k player servers considering their last game. I hope I'm proven wrong.

It is a rightful concern, but they've openly said they built new technology to 'stitch' together a world that's about 1,200 times the size of ARK. According to PC Gamer, they can also temporarily restrict access to an area if everyone is suddenly gathering there for some reason.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Very curious to see how this game goes, and if it's just Ark but with Pirates.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
3 min trailer still not out :S

This game will be a ~30GB download, 100GB install

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I never played Ark (Was always bummed out how most of those kinds of games were really just private servers and not actual mmo's), the fact this one is finally an mmo has me excited to try it.

Hopefully it will hold up (content wise) a lot better than Sea of Thieves did, seems to be a lot more to do with this game, plus an AI crew system so solo players like me will be able to do things without feeling useless or bored.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Hm, wary that it is from ARK developers... but if they pull it off... can be good (and if it is 1200x bigger then ARK it must be massive, how big was ARK?).

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Hm, wary that it is from ARK developers... but if they pull it off... can be good (and if it is 1200x bigger then ARK it must be massive, how big was ARK?).
ARK was great, it had some performance issues on early on but it's one of maybe 4 games i have put 1000+ hours into. I'm incredibly excited but i also understand it's still got probably 2 years left in development, it's not going to be a fully fleshed out AAA polished game.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Still no trailer but they're putting out screenshots on Twitter...

Pretty much every single sign points to this being a giant disappointment, but I can't help be somewhat excited to see what happens when it hits this evening... if it hits this evening.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Still no trailer but they're putting out screenshots on Twitter...

Pretty much every single sign points to this being a giant disappointment, but I can't help be somewhat excited to see what happens when it hits this evening... if it hits this evening.

Yeah same. I want this to be good but deep down i know it will be a piece of shit lol

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who never played ARK, what is the end game like? I had a group of us wanting to play on our own server, but it seemed like after a certain point, it was all just grinding, with very little risk.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wanna buy and play it just see which way this storm blows. Probably for the worse.

Regardless of quality be ready for the game to be review bombed right away. ARK fans ain't gonna be happy about this.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not even going to bother trying to be interested in this becuase my PC already has a heart attack trying to run Ark on its lowest settings.

Not going to be able to play this until they come up with a PS4 version, sadly.

Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
As someone who never played ARK, what is the end game like? I had a group of us wanting to play on our own server, but it seemed like after a certain point, it was all just grinding, with very little risk.
Depends if you were on PvP or pve server, PvP was simple where you literally tried to conquer the server and pve was just endgame bosses and getting the highest tier stuff you could.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Jebaited inc

A lot of streamers are waiting so if this doesnt come out it will be a really bad PR for them

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
I may go ahead and jump on it. 25 bucks is a price I'm willing to risk for something I may not play a lot of. I paid around the same for Ark and didn't get too into it, but it was worth that price at least.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Wow nothing. Who would have thought. Way to kill hype. Im on the official discord and there are only 3 devs there 1 is playing atlas but they are silent