• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Yup, power been on and off down here. Some pretty heavy winds, couple of trees are snapped in half around my neighborhood.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Hanna is still looking quite impressive for being on land for 6+ hours, still a hurricane

8094afe359c5f026d46c8a713126c3559fc0b86e58e764d2628b08113af8d5dc.gif

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Isaias is a few days from forming. Track currently unknown, definitely something to keep an eye on if you're in the southeastern US like me.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Remember when Gonzalo was supposed to be a hurricane and Hanna was only supposed to be a tropical storm? Too early to tell the track, especially right now.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Because of its large size, speed and dry air, 92L is taken a long time to organize, this could be good in the long run and might not be able to gain too much strength before it hits land but could gain strength quickly if it consolidates, islands should be watching it for later this week with a potential east coast US landfall early next week.

Models are doing their windshield wiper effect with the storm and currently taking it more west last few runs. Still no real agreement between the 2 main models.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Damn you, Hanna! Wife and I had an Airbnb booked in Rockport (something like a 4 hour drive from Austin, so would have been just a stop for gas each way basically) for Thursday and Friday night.. was going to be our first time out of the house more or less in months. Fortunately the host let us move the reservation until later in August at no cost which was a huge relief.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
There is still a lot of uncertainty with the storm until it forms, It still could get stronger before it hits land, that much time over water anything can happen.

Recon planes are out so hopefully the added data will help the models.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like my little jaunt to the Keys may be off this weekend. Sucks after being stuck indoors for so many months.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when they were saying Dorian wouldn't get any stronger than a Tropical Storm or a weak Cat 1 before it became the strongest Atlantic storm on record? Lol

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
The models are starting to agree that it will likely go over Hispaniola and be significantly weakened by the mountains there. Here's hoping!

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
The models are starting to agree that it will likely go over Hispaniola and be significantly weakened by the mountains there. Here's hoping!
Lol. Nothing like "yes let's fuck up the people in Haiti so nothing happens in my home"

This will kill hundreds or more in Haiti. Come on.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Nothing like "yes let's fuck up the people in Haiti so nothing happens in my home"

Yep the path of this thing is going in the exact wrong direction. Want it to bend more before it gets to all the islands there. Instead it looks like it may push further west and wind up in the gulf which is bad news all around.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017

A low-grade tropical storm will kill hundreds?

The alternative is that it goes north instead and becomes a much stronger TS and the strongest part goes over the Bahamas.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017

The alternative is that it goes north instead and becomes a much stronger TS and the strongest part goes over the Bahamas.
The problem with Haiti is the terrain and rains. A tropical storm maybe even wetter than a Hurricane. The mudslides could potentially kill hundreds and it has happened in the past. There is no good choice with nature but saying "here's hoping" is not a good look. A Bahamas track doesn't need to be potentially as bad especially with higher shear forecast at some point. Worst case scenario is it slides under the islands and ends up in the gulf.

Oct 25, 2017

Yes considering Haiti floods easily due to it's mountainous terrain drawing out all the moisture of any tropical system. They flood almost every year and even a weak tropical storm is enough to absolutely devastate them.

The only "good" side by the same process that the mountains also rips the low level circulation to shreds that even big Hurricanes can get destroyed and never recover if they cross it.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with Haiti is the terrain and rains. A tropical storm maybe even wetter than a Hurricane. The mudslides could potentially kill hundreds and it has happened in the past. There is no good choice with nature but saying "here's hoping" is not a good look. A Bahamas track doesn't need to be potentially as bad especially with higher shear forecast at some point. Worst case scenario is it slides under the islands and ends up in the gulf.

Yes considering Haiti floods easily due to it's mountainous terrain drawing out all the moisture of a tropical system. They flood almost every year and even a weak tropical storm is enough to absolutely devastate them.

The only "good" side by the same process that the mountains also rips the tropical low level circulation to shreds that even big Hurricanes can get destroyed and never recover if they cross it.

Thanks for the info. I rescind my original statement and will just say "let's hope for the best" instead.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Recon plane going out, see if PTC9 has gotten more organized since the last mission.

Also wave off Africa looking pretty good, would be funny if this stole Isaias after watching PTC9 for this long
62e3a2d2d82bc1195fc222578653e151401ceec1b3e62f31aa4bd3c964e7c0ca.gif

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I gotta say, the people hoping for Isaias to hit Mar-a-lago cause "lol fuck Trump" are fucking idiots. Other people live there too. Fuck off Twitter.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully it remains weak/disorganized and doesn't cause too much trouble on any of the Caribbean islands. Not too worried about a depression or storm in Florida but the covid situation does call for some extra concern

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully it remains weak/disorganized and doesn't cause too much trouble on any of the Caribbean islands. Not too worried about a depression or storm in Florida but the covid situation does call for some extra concern

Which is why Florida is closing all their COVID testing centers from Thursday until Tuesday. No tests, no COVID!