• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of ya'll more worried about some imganary what-if scenario ain't worth shit.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017

This punk ass bitch, if cops are scared because tasers can kill, the why the fuck can cops use them on people because they say that they're non lethal.

What is the point of bringing this chodes face into the topic?

This dude's entire shtick is to spout baseless and racist vitriol to his fans and listeners.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because there's no reason to let him sleep it off since he...you know. Drove while intoxicated.

It's amazing how people think it's perfectly fine to give him a free pass for that.

Driving while drunk = bad. Always. 100% of the time. No excuses.

There's a lot of room between "free pass" and "dead body".

Oct 27, 2017
You not getting me, I don't think the discussion is worth having in this thread, another thread, or the next time a policemen kills a black person. People are worried about him dying the right way they skip over him dying. And no, one or two sentences about it sucking he died is not going to invalidate the 2 to 4 paragraphs explaing how the death is his fault. Folks aren't low with that shit
I've been avoiding this thread because of the crap you've been calling out. Some here don't really give a fuck but they're good at pretending to when it suits them.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Because there's no reason to let him sleep it off since he...you know. Drove while intoxicated.

It's amazing how people think it's perfectly fine to give him a free pass for that.

Ah I guess you called us out !
Thank you for your input, we will know in the future.

200.gif

There's just one tiny problem though, he wasn't driving while drunk.

He was sleeping in his car. He stated his girlfriend dropped him off.

They woke him up. Now he's dead.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

He was no angel right?

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Ah I guess you called us out !
Thank you for your input, we will know in the future.

200.gif

There's just one tiny problem though, he wasn't driving while drunk.

He was sleeping in his car. He stated his girlfriend dropped him off.

They woke him up. Now he's dead.
Yeah? And how did he get there? It doesn't take a detective to figure that out. I know people want to imagine he parked in the Wendy's drive thru and then got drunk, but you know...that's ridiculous. Or now, new story that his girlfriend dropped him off to his car that was parked in the Wendy's drive thru. Sure.

As I've said, the fact that he was so drunk he thought parking in the Wendy's drive thru and taking a nap was a good idea makes it a miracle he didn't harm or kill anyone getting there.

Don't drink and drive. Easy.

MikeBreezy92

Oct 28, 2019

And you see why cops feel like it's ok to kill people due to the lack of flexibility on a situation to situation basis.

Shit like this makes me sick.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah? And how did he get there? It doesn't take a detective to figure that out. I know people want to imagine he parked in the Wendy's drive thru and then got drunk, but you know...that's ridiculous. Or now, new story that his girlfriend dropped him off to his car that was parked in the Wendy's drive thru. Sure.

As I've said, the fact that he was so drunk he thought parking in the Wendy's drive thru and taking a nap was a good idea makes it a miracle he didn't harm or kill anyone getting there.

Do you think the cops were justified in killing him because he was drunk?

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Tragic. Cops should have given this man alternatives to make him go home after the breath test and only arrested him if he refused them or wanted to drive the car. I think most of the blame lies with the police officers. They probably wanted to make an example and throw the book at the man, when they could have easily chosen to de-escalate.

It's very easy to say he shouldn't have been sleeping in the driver's seat of a car after drinking (and the alcohol's influence may have fueled his own aggressive reaction to the arrest, which is unfortunately going to aid the cops in court, especially given the systemic factors at work in the U.S. legal system), but I believe that shouldn't be the priority here. For me, the ultimate preservation of life matters more than breaking the law, and these cops decided that getting a DUI arrest was more important than treating a black man with dignity.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Do you think the cops were justified in killing him because he was drunk?
Nope, and I knew some genius would try to twist it that way.

Should he have been killed? No, no, no, no, and no. Happy?

Should he have been arrested for DUI? Yes.

And that's who I'm talking to. The people who are saying he should have just been let go with no consequences.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

You're on to something. Also easy, having a two parent household. Am I right? This might be a problem in black culture. Sad that he died tho.. but...

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, and I knew some genius would try to twist it that way.

Should he have been killed. No, no, no, no, and no. Happy?

Should he have been arrested for DUI? Yes.
You were so concerned about the DUI. The man was asleep, he was not a danger to anyone. Focusing on hypotheical fanfcition does him and the last few weeks a disservice. Might as well talk about Floyd might have left the store and kicked a puppy so the cop had to put him down.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck you. The fact that you're able to continue posting like this in a thread about a man murdered by the cops is ridiculous.

You worthless piece of excrement.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Concern trolling in a thread about police brutality across multiple posts and doubling down in a hostile email; prior severe ban for downplaying sexism.
You were so concerned about the DUI. The man was asleep, he was not a danger to anyone. Focusing on hypotheical fanfcition does him and the last few weeks a disservice. Might as well talk about Floyd might have left the store and kicked a puppy so the cop had to put him down.
He was a danger to people getting there. Driving while drunk is incredibly dangerous. To the people in the car and people outside of it.

So yes, he was a danger and it's lucky no one died on his way there.

Only being punished if someone is killed on a drunk drive is fucking stupid. To say the least.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
He was a danger to people getting there. Driving while drunk is incredibly dangerous. To the people in the car and people outside of it.

Only being punished if someone is killed on a drunk drive is fucking stupid. To say the least.
So the police was justifed shooting him down like a dog in the streets. If you believe that just say it, don't waste folks time concern trolling

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think everyone knows DUI is bad.

But we also live in a world where this black man gets a bullet in the back - police know full well a flailing taser shot from that distance isn't doing anything, and someone like oh Matt Gaetz gets a Congressional House seat.

Wonder what the difference is in someone ending with a bullet in their back vs that House seat.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
We know if he was white this would have just been funny story for the cop and the drunk white man.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017

Only being punished if someone is killer on a drunk drive is fucking stupid. To say the least.

Nobody is saying that drunk driving isn't dangerous. He clearly needed to be prevented from actually or potentially driving the car.

Arrest wasn't the only possible way to do that. He wasn't an imminent threat. Other cops have solved similar situations without ending in death.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
Thank god this cop got his disinfectant wipe and purell. Was getting anxious for him for a bit there

It's amazing how nonchalant they are. and obviously trying to be careful about the narrative.
"separate the witnesses" "talk to your rep"
Obviously not wanting him to say too much

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of you are losing sight of the problem here.

The problem is that police felt the need to shoot a man to death because he took there, non-lethal, taser. THAT is the problem, that is the reason you should be mad.

This has nothing to do with whether the man deserved to be arrested for drunk driving.....

14 years ago my fiance was killed by a drunk driver who ran a red light and t-boned her car at 40 miles per hour. Drunk drivers should absolutely be arrested. And I say fuck you to anyone who stupidly says otherwise and won't apologize for that.

But the point is not whether he should have been arrested. It's not whether he should have found a better spot to sleep or any of that stupid shit.

The man was shot to death by two police officers who had been speaking to him for half an hour because he took there taser. Process that and stop trying to die on stupid hills about how drunk driving isn't a big deal.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

fucking disgusting post. you should be fucking ashamed

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I am not, you keep talking about being sleep in a car and a what if story in a way that justifies the man's death.
Sure aren't. I'm not justifying the death. I'm justifying the arrest, as people seem to think being arrested for driving while drunk is wrong.

The shooting was wrong and the cop was wrong, as I've said multiple times.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
That systematic in systematic racism, don't qeution why the man died, craft the narractive to dehumanize him and seprate yourself from him so you are fine with him dying. "I know he is dead, but here is why it had to happen and I am not trying to empathize with the victim". Seen it a billion times, will see it a billion more.
The shooting was wrong and the cop was wrong, as I've said multiple times.
And went more at lenght on why the DUI is the reason he had to die

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Sorry, I can't start a thread. Southern Baptist just broke and said "Black Lives Matter."

"Let's not respond by saying 'all lives matter,'" Greear continues. "We understand that many of our black brothers and sisters have perceived for many years that the due processes of justice have not worked for them as they have for some others in our country."

relevantmagazine.com

SBC President: 'Southern Baptists, We Need to Say It Clearly as a Gospel Issue: Black Lives Matter' - RELEVANT

In a lengthy address, Southern Baptist Convention President J.D. Greear addressed the largest group of Protestant churches in the U.S. and made some

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That systematic in systematic racism, don't qeution why the man died, craft the narractive to dehumanize him and seprate yourself from him so you are fine with him dying. "I know he is dead, but here is why it had to happen and I am not trying to empathize with the victim". Seen it a billion times, will see it a billion more.

And went more at lenght on why the DUI is the reason he had to die
Tell me, what's your solution to the situation? I'd love to hear it.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I can't start a thread. Southern Baptist just broke and said "Black Lives Matter."

"Let's not respond by saying 'all lives matter,'" Greear continues. "We understand that many of our black brothers and sisters have perceived for many years that the due processes of justice have not worked for them as they have for some others in our country."

relevantmagazine.com

SBC President: 'Southern Baptists, We Need to Say It Clearly as a Gospel Issue: Black Lives Matter' - RELEVANT

In a lengthy address, Southern Baptist Convention President J.D. Greear addressed the largest group of Protestant churches in the U.S. and made some
They get it it, why can't everyone. There is no need for a "but"a the end

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
People focusing on the drunk driving aspect need to just stop. Everyone knows drunk driving is wrong. I don't think anyone I'm here is saying that it isn't. And I think everyone would agree that he had no business being behind the wheel.

But by trying to make the discussion about that you are completely derailing from the fact that the police have yet again killed a black man in a situation that did not call for it. Him being drunk has nothing to do with the fact that he died when he didn't have to.

So just stop.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me, what's your solution to the situation? I'd love to hear it.
Don't shoot people like dogs in the street, or home sleep in their beds, or eating a bowl of ice cream or while listening to music or because they are having a panic attack. All real cases that happen

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Don't shoot people like dogs in the street, or home sleep in their beds, or eating a ball of ice cream or while listening to music or because they are having a panic attack.
No no. Be specific. This situation. What specifically should they have done. Don't tell me what they should have not done. That's not what I asked.

There's no dispute they shouldn't have shot him. That goes without saying

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
No no. Be specific. This situation. What specifically should they have done. Don't tell me what they should have not done. That's not what I asked.
Simple see if he was ok, then ask if there was someone he could call to pick him up and officer could move his car. Actually being part of the community not just dancing with kids or shooting basketball for a puffpiece

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Who cares? The man died when he didn't have to.

You are basically saying they had no choice but to put him down, the more you are cornered the clearer it gets.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Simple see if he was ok, then ask if there was someone he could call to pick him up and officer could move his care.
Ok, so you're in the camp of let him go despite it being very likely he had been driving while drunk. Give him a free pass for driving drunk. That's not a good solution.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Offer a ride back to his house and get a warrant for the arrest when he's sober. Less likely he'll freak out that way since he isnt drunk out of his mind like he was

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
They get it it, why can't everyone. There is no need for a "but"a the end
Its a pretty big statement for them to make. Southern Baptist originally broke from Baptist because they wanted to keep their slaves. For them to say it is basically a giant mute button against evangelicals. People with Christian families should be spamming this article in response.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so you're in the camp of let him go despite it being very likely he had been driving while drunk. Give him a free pass for driving drunk. That's not a good solution.
You hung up on punishing him for a DUI that you are justifying his death, that doesn't bother you at least a little?

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This is so fucking infuriating how badly trained and trigger happy american police is. You get there, dude is sleeping in his car, if you're afraid that he's gonna drive drunk just DRIVE HIM HOME ffs. Just offer him a ride and and that's it.

And why the fuck is the first response to someone resisting the arrest to draw guns? Why does every other police force in the world manage to detain their suspects or deescalate a situation without the use of firearms but american police are apparently incacable of solving any kind of issues or resistance without drawing their guns?

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
What's the point in arresting him right there? They already have the car. He can't drunk drive without the car.

being very likely he had been driving while drunk

Apparently people in America are guilty without a trial.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You hung up on punishing him for a DUI that you are justifying his death, that doesn't bother you at least a little?
Because I'm not doing that. Again, I'm justifying the arrest. Driving while drunk is bad. Giving someone who has been driving drunk a free pass is bad. The arrest was justified.

Does it bother you at least a little you keep trying frame me as saying something I'm not?