• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
40 mins to deescalate, trashy cop was pushy as fuck and wanted to start shit. Unnecessary death. Apparently it's too hard to call a cab, take him home in a squad car, have him call someone to pick him up, etc. Send him a citation later. Christ.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"hey call your sister to come pick you up, you're not in a condition to drive. We'll wait her until she gets here"

Thats all that had to be said after he failed the breathalyzer

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
Okay I agree he didn't have to die.
But the whole he didn't have to go to jail for driving drunk is being ridiculous. I've known many people who got DUIS for being in a non moving vehicle drunk. So I'm not gonna call racism on that or say fuck the laws
for standard procedures.

They shouldn't of shot that man but bro made a terrible decision trying to discharge that taser. In the heat of the moment It could easily be mistaken for something else/cause needless escalation. Which happened. I don't think the officer deserveS to be locked up for life but some time behind bars seem justifiable.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AP has reported a cop has been fired:

apnews.com

`Stop fighting!' Atlanta sobriety test quickly turned deadly

ATLANTA (AP) — One minute, Rayshard Brooks was chatting cooperatively with Atlanta police, saying he'd had a couple of drinks to celebrate his daughter's birthday and agreeing to a breath test.

ATLANTA (AP) — An Atlanta police officer was fired following the fatal shooting of a black man and another officer was placed on administrative duty, the police department announced early Sunday.

The moves follows the Saturday resignation of Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields, who stepped down as the Friday night killing of Rayshard Brooks, 27, sparked a new wave of protests in Atlanta after turbulent demonstrations following the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police had simmered down.

The terminated officer was identified as Garrett Rolfe, who was hired in October 2013, and the officer placed on administrative duty is Devin Brosnan, who was hired in September 2018, according to a release from police spokesperson Sgt. John Chafee.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Okay I agree he didn't have to die.
But the whole he didn't have to go to jail for driving drunk is being ridiculous. I've known many people who got DUIS for being in a non moving vehicle drunk. So I'm not gonna call racism on that or say fuck the laws
for standard procedures.

They shouldn't of shot that man but bro made a terrible decision trying to discharge that taser. In the heat of the moment It could easily be mistaken for something else/cause needless escalation. Which happened. I don't think the officer deserveS to be locked up for life but some time behind bars seem justifiable.

He was already met with needless escalation. Cops manage to deal with drunken frat boys all the time who are fighting them, without killing them. Cops aren't there to calm the situation down, unless you're white. Him grabbing the taser doesn't matter, because if he was white, he would be alive most likely. Thats the double standard that needs to be appreciated.

Part of a cops job is to deal with someone being a danger to them. For minorities, its immediate execution as soon as the bare minimum effort didn't result in their compliance. White people can beat the hell out of a cop, and still get lunch on the way to the jail.

No one wants special treatment. People just want the same treatement.

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
"hey call your sister to come pick you up, you're not in a condition to drive. We'll wait her until she gets here"

Thats all that had to be said after he failed the breathalyzer
??? What police officers have you guys been dealing with? Maybe that's how police act when you're white but as a black man the law is the law. Ain't no get your sister to take you home or second chances. You break a law that can lead to your arrest and you're done. It's shocking seeing so many people say they could've drove him home or called his sister. it's like we're living in two different countries fr.

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
He was already met with needless escalation. Cops manage to deal with drunken frat boys all the time who are fighting them, without killing them.
That may be true. Sadly however as a black man I'm not expecting equal treatment with whites by the cops, it's just facing reality. If I'm in a situation with them I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make them non hostile so I can survive. I'm not gonna be thinking "this isn't fair cause Josh got caught for the same thing ". Obviously it's fucked up but personally I know if I tussled with an officer it'll prolly leave me dead until change comes. Again it's not fair but the reality is we can't do all that fighting white people can do with the police.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man this is a tough one....

I think the cops did everything wrong up until he started resisting arrest. After he started resisting arrest, grabbed the taser, and then discharged it , it escalated to the point where the cops could make an argument under the law they were at risk of bodily harm. He also was running with a taser, which he was willing to discharge, so you can't just go "oh well, maybe someone will get it back tomorrow"

The problem was it should have never escalated to that point. Not sure it required a DUI arrest, that was the BIG mistake in all of this. Just send the guy home. Let the man call an Uber or a friend.

I don't think the cops should be charged for murder even though I don't think they needed to shoot him. I think this incident just exposes the serious flaws with just the standard operating procedures of the police where it often encourages escalation. And then once it escalates then yeah force might be justified but it's a false choice because it should never escalate in the first place. There needs to be non-lethal ways to handle this.
Sit down and tell your master to come on out and deal with this.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
That may be true. Sadly however as a black man I'm not expecting equal treatment with whites by the cops, it's just facing reality. If I'm in a situation with them I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make them non hostile so I can survive. I'm not gonna be thinking "this isn't fair cause Josh got caught for the same thing ". Obviously it's fucked up but personally I know if I tussled with an officer it'll prolly leave me dead until change comes. Again it's not fair but the reality is we can't do all that fighting white people can do with the police.

And you could still be shot to death while tapdancing (not saying this is what you're doing). Folks are feeling like they've got nothing to lose for good reasons atm. You can be shot doing anything normal. Its coming to a head. I mean I think if you feel your life is forfeit, why not grab the tazer?

Standing up straight, but not too tall, and speaking with a calming voice doesn't seem to be winning any votes these days.

Oct 26, 2017
The man was half asleep and drunk, so they decide to power trip on a person they know is in an irrational state. Have him take a seat, give him a ride to the station to sleep it off. Charge him with a DUI and towing costs and be done.

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
And you could still be shot to death while tapdancing (not saying this is what you're doing). Folks are feeling like they've got nothing to lose for good reasons atm. You can be shot doing anything normal. Its coming to a head. I mean I think if you feel your life is forfeit, why not grab the tazer?

Standing up straight, but not too tall, and speaking with a calming voice doesn't seem to be winning any votes these days.
That is true. Honestly I'd be petrified to get locked up in current times. The part about the taster that made it worse imo is that it gave the cop an easy case to win, and white america can use this as fuel as justifiable force by the police. Hence ending in no real change, so I can understand why the wendys was burnt down cause it was the only way the message can be sent. Wow typing this out really put things in perspective tho. Thanks for checking me 🙏

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
??? What police officers have you guys been dealing with? Maybe that's how police act when you're white but as a black man the law is the law. Ain't no get your sister to take you home or second chances. You break a law that can lead to your arrest and you're done. It's shocking seeing so many people say they could've drove him home or called his sister. it's like we're living in two different countries fr.
people are saying that because everybody has seen videos of cops giving people rides or making them walk home.

So when people see that, laws are laws like you said, then why when other instances when cops get beat or They're threatened by a person, those cops don't immediately shoot the person that they are trying to arrest.

This man was running away, a teaser is not a gun with bullets, as soon as it's used it becomes useless until you add another cartridge.

So yeah this man was killed for no reason.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
That is true. Honestly I'd be petrified to get locked up in current times. The part about the taster that made it worse imo is that it gave the cop an easy case to win, and white america can use this as fuel as justifiable force by the police. Hence ending in no real change, so I can understand why the wendys was burnt down cause it was the only way the message can be sent. Wow typing this out really put things in perspective tho. Thanks for checking me 🙏

The fuel doesn't need an actual example. We need to stop thinking like this, "oh if we get shot the right way, America will surely come to our defense!" No reason? Make up one. Jury buys it, cops continue to walk. Reason? Good that's just what I was thinking anyway. Jury buys it, cops continue to walk.

People are still saying Floyd shouldn't have forged a check man. Wouldn't have gotten into this! Perhaps for that day, but the next time hes out jogging, he could have found himself in the same scenario. dead.

Shooting black people will always have justifications, I don't see any effect it has when theres actual reasons that people sleep better with. Because I know law is applied to white people differently. Anything a black person does, a white person would likely be alive for it.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing that people need to realize,

It was a taser

It has no ammo after its used once, he was running away and doesn't work if you're not pulling the trigger to shock.

People are trying to make it seem like if this Man wanted to kill the cops, when all he was doing was running away from them.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Confiscate his car keys, send him on his way, and citate later... There was absolutely no reason this needed to end in an immediate arrest, and certainly not in his death.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Confiscate his car keys, send him on his way, and citate later... There was absolutely no reason this needed to end in an immediate arrest, and certainly not in his death.

But that doesn't count as an arrest, so it doesn't help them reach their quotas.

People really need to look at the Joe Rogan interview I posted. The former cop explains exactly how the quota system leads to "farm" black people.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

It was a taser

It has no ammo after its used once, he was running away and doesn't work if you're not pulling the trigger to shock.

People are trying to make it seem like if this Man wanted to kill the cops, when all he was doing was running away from them.

The laws for cop is written in some nebulous ass language. I think its any 'harm' (insert what that means) don't even know if it means lethal harm or your fucking feelings.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah lol, no way that would happen. I don't think for a second that the police would consider doing those things. One they knew he was drunk, that was it, it was done. He was going to be arrested. It's only about whether he was going to go peacefully or not, that's it.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

All the redhats are saying that Rayshard deserved to die. It's been known that white folks can get away with shit that others get killed for. It's so exhausting.

Everybody needs to see that cops are fucks and just because he's black they have to arrest him while if he was white, there would be a higher chance of giving that person off with a warning and even a ride home, fuck..

also-

I just want to repost these for any that missed it.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

It was a taser

That's true for older models, however, newer models can generally shoot multiple times before they need to be reloaded.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
I just want to repost these for any that missed it.

Some people will look at both videos and still deny there is any systematic racism in place, and continue to chant all lives matter bullshit. They will not admit they have white privilege ever. But hopefully these videos has an impact on some people please 🙏

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people will look at both videos and still deny there is any systematic racism in place, and continue to chant all lives matter bullshit. They will not admit they have white privilege ever. But hopefully these videos has an impact on some people please 🙏

there's also this one, that was posted as a comment in one of those videos.

I want to know if anyone can actually picture a black person doing that

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This punk ass bitch, if cops are scared because tasers can kill, the why the fuck can cops use them on people because they say that they're non lethal.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017

This punk ass bitch, if cops are scared because tasers can kill, the why the fuck can cops use them on people because they say that they're non lethal.

Agreed.

That tweet is indicative of the problem. They might shoot you... but what's the determining factor there? What's the thing that tips the scale from "they won't shoot you" to "they're definitely going to shoot you"?

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
They can't get an accurate blood alcohol level that will stand up in court if they don't take him to the station or hospital.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Driving a derail and concern trolling on racial topics across multiple posts
Is that needed though?
If he gets home and sobers up, all is good. No need to pursue further.

Dude was driving while impaired and by doing so he put himself and multiple other people in danger. I don't think the cop was justified in shooting him, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with the arrest.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude was driving while impaired and by doing so he put himself and multiple other people in danger. I don't think the cop was justified in shooting him, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with the arrest.
no proof of him though, they said that they found him sleeping.

This is the problem, and why protests need to continue as you never would have the same situation if Brooks was a white person that was found sleeping in his car.

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
He was parked though and slept before being confronted by the police. In this particular situation, he did not endanger anyone.
But yea, if you always want to arrest and escalate, go for it. Then you have those situations all the time and it won't get better.
I think this really shows what is wrong with the police in the US. It's an everlasting cycle of increasing violence and the police is not helping to stop it.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

What is the point of arresting him at this point, instead of just taking his keys and getting his ID for a future court summon or some such? Guy is not a danger, no need to handcuff him.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How is asking someone to move putting themselves in harms way?

I mean, I can see the logic here that anyone in the US might have a gun. But by that logic, asking someone to move their car isn't putting themselves in danger anymore than working in Wendy's in the first place. It isn't putting themselves in danger anymore than leaving their house.

Yes, there's something off about someone sitting in the drive thru not moving. But it could be many thing--he might have had a heart attack, a stroke. In this case he was inebriated.

The fact that Americans think a car not moving in a drive thru is cause to call the cops is one of the problems with America. The fact that cops respond to such a call ready to draw a taser or firearms is one of the problems with America. If the Wendys employees had done minimal investigation, this would have been avoided. If the cops hadn't put themselves in a position where a citizen can get ahold of one of their weapons, this would not have happened.

It's not the Wendy's employees jobs to deal with drunk people. Maybe they did go to the car and see the person in it was asleep and they couldn't wake him up. Do you know that they didn't?

Drunk people are unpredictable, so yes, there is potential of them being in harms way. What's your great suggestion outside of "don't call the cops"?

Don't play the "if "x" would have done "x" this wouldn't have happened" game. It's a bad game and does nothing.

He was parked though and slept before being confronted by the police. In this particular situation, he did not endanger anyone.
But yea, if you always want to arrest and escalate, go for it. Then you have those situations all the time and it won't get better.
I think this really shows what is wrong with the police in the US. It's an everlasting cycle of increasing violence and the police is not helping to stop it.

He endangered people by driving there while intoxicated to begin with.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020

This is the problem, and why protests need to continue as you never would have the same situation if Brooks was a white person that was found sleeping in his car.
At one point in the questioning, he admitted to driving under the influence of 1.5 margaritas. No idea how drunk he was, but he was still coherent enough to realize that they were trying to trap him with that "Do you refuse to take a breathalyzer test?" question.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Totally. He decided to park in the Wendy's drive thru and then get drunk, right?

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017

Being in a car while drunk is enough to get you a DUI in most places, even if you toss the keys out of the car to sleep. Police need to not murder people for a DUI though, that's the bigger issue obviously.

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
It's not the Wendy's employees jobs to deal with drunk people. Maybe they did go to the car and see the person in it was asleep and they couldn't wake him up. Do you know that they didn't?

Drunk people are unpredictable, so yes, there is potential of them being in harms way. What's your great suggestion outside of "don't call the cops"?

Don't play the "if "x" would have done "x" this wouldn't have happened" game. It's a bad game and does nothing.

He endangered people by driving there while intoxicated to begin with.
It's irrelevant if he drove there before. In that particular situation at that time he was not endangering anyone. He was sleeping in a car.
Also, he was not completely blocking the drive-thru.
From OP said:
Friday, officers responded to a call at 10:33 p.m. about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the drive-thru, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.

So in the end it was a mere inconvenience that caused the death of man. Don't you guys see how fucked up this is? In my opinion it does not even warrant an arrest at all.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's irrelevant if he drove there before. In that particular situation at that time he was not endangering anyone. He was sleeping in a car.
Also, he was not completely blocking the drive-thru.
Uhh...it absolutely is relevant if he was driving while intoxicated. He doesn't get a free pass for it because he was taking a nap at the time. Driving while drunk endangers lives and is illegal no matter when you do it.

Last edited:

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
So in the end it was a mere inconvenience that caused the death of man. Don't you guys see how fucked up this is? In my opinion it does not even warrant an arrest at all.

Do you think he just materialized there out of thin air? He drove to the Wendy's and put other people as well as himself in danger. I know you guys don't like cops around here, but drunk driving is an dangerous act and should not just be dismissed.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
This shit is why cops shouldn't have guns in the first place.

If no one seeking to resolve this situation had a gun, Rayshard would be alive, even with the unnecessary escalation and struggle.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Can't justify shooting him. It's not like he was running away while spraying bullets in the air. They could have easily found and arrested him later.

Last edited:

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
Uhh...it absolutely is relevant if he was driving while intoxicated. He doesn't get a free pass for it because he was taking a nap at the time. Driving while drunk is endangers lives and is illegal no matter when you do it.
Do you think he just materialized there out of thin air? He drove to the Wendy's and put other people as well as himself in danger. I know you guys don't like cops around here, but drunk driving is an dangerous act and should not just be dismissed.

Yes. In that situation they found him in, it is completely irrelevant if he drove there before or not (it's highly likely he did, but that is not the point). At that time he was not a danger to anyone, so any use of force or violence is completely unnecessary.
All you do with your logic is downplaying the killing of a man who should not have died there. This death is 100% on the police in that situation and no one else.

Just because the law says it doesn't make it right. Sometimes, the best solution is to just let the guy be or help him home instead of arresting him. You can still charge him later, since they had all the info.
It's not that difficult.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yes. In that situation they found him in, it is completely irrelevant if he drove there before or not (it's highly likely he did, but that is not the point). At that time he was not a danger to anyone, so any use of force or violence is completely unnecessary.
All you do with your logic is downplaying the killing of a man who should not have died there. This death is 100% on the police in that situation and no one else.

Just because the law says it doesn't make it right. Sometimes, the best solution is to just let the guy be or help him home instead of arresting him. You can still charge him later, since they had all the info.
It's not that difficult.
"Just because the law says it doesn't make it right." How about anyone who says driving while intoxicated is okay is wrong? It doesn't take a genius to figure out why driving while drunk is incredibly dangerous and life threatening.

He absolutely deserved to be arrested for it. Obviously, obviously, obviously, he should not have been shot over it. But should he have been arrested for DUI? Absolutely 100%. Driving while intoxicated is serious and should be treated as such.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
"Just because the law says it doesn't make it right." How about anyone who says driving while intoxicated is okay is wrong? It doesn't take a genius to figure out why driving while drunk is incredibly dangerous and life threatening.

He absolutely deserved to be arrested for it. Obviously, obviously, obviously, he should not have been shot over it. But should he have been arrested for DUI? Absolutely 100%. Driving while intoxicated is serious and should be treated as such.

Yeah, the people in here trying to downplay drunk driving like it is the same thing as if he had been found sleeping while drunk on a park bench is infuriating to me. You want to be mad at the shooting, go for it, 100%, none of the evidence that I have seen has led me to believe that the shooting of Rayshard Brooks was justified in the situation. But for people trying to say that he should not have even been arrested for drunk driving, come on now.