• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Atelier Ryza 1 was fantastic, so really looking forward to this one.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): drive-by trolling
Great news. I just wish Sony the platform holder did this for Spider-Man..

Sage

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
That's really cool. Think I might pick it up in that case and save it for PS5. Haven't touched the series since early PS3 but noticed the renaissance going on with the thigh thing recently.
Great news. I just wish Sony the platform holder did this for Spider-Man..
Do we need this obvious troll shit in every thread? That's a game that was out years ago, how is it the same or at all related to this?

Last edited:

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I assume if this was coming to the west in 2021, they would have said 'Coming 2021' instead of 'This Winter'? I know winter encompasses January and February, the connotations of 'this' would clearly mean '2020' to most people.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sweet. That said, what will the actual improvements be? I don't recall any Atelier game having significant PS4 Pro features in the past so I'm curious if this will be anything more than a resolution bump.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Pretty sweet. That said, what will the actual improvements be? I don't recall any Atelier game having significant PS4 Pro features in the past so I'm curious if this will be anything more than a resolution bump.
Probably 60FPS upgrade as well, Ryza was 30FPS on PS4 and PS4 Pro I think which is why I played it on PC for a change.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The gang's back together and looking better than ever! Love to see it. The new characters don't seem too bad either. I do enjoy a party with every hair color of the rainbow.

Wait the shy new girl's a sword user? Good for her.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
These games seem to drop every other month, I would love a collector's box of them. Cause damn if i know where to start

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
These games seem to drop every other month, I would love a collector's box of them. Cause damn if i know where to start
You could just play Ryza if you want, it's a good entry-level title since it's not related to any of the previous games and is the beginning of a (presumably as per usual) trilogy.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Are these games any good? I think they might be on sale with the Big in Japan sale on PSN. I'm assuming they're RPGs. Are they turn based, action, strategy? How do they compare to Trails?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Are these games any good? I think they might be on sale with the Big in Japan sale on PSN. I'm assuming they're RPGs. Are they turn based, action, strategy? How do they compare to Trails?

I love the Atelier games the are RPGs with semi-turn-based battles, lots of exploring levels and gathering ingredients that you then take back to town and craft with. In town you talk to people, have event cutscenes, do quests for them. You level up characters and crafting and make more and more complex stuff. The music is ***incredible***. I think Ryza is one of the best ones too, and I was very skeptical prior to release.

Nothing like Trails at all. This is a slice-of-life game with a small group of friends and lower stakes. Trails is a series built on 1 world with massive character development, way more involved battle system, and does not emphasize crafting. Ryza is a like a "let's take a break from Trails" kind of game, while still being an RPG and very fun, it's more laid back and breezy. <3 it :)

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I love the Atelier games the are RPGs with semi-turn-based battles, lots of exploring levels and gathering ingredients that you then take back to town and craft with. In town you talk to people, have event cutscenes, do quests for them. You level up characters and crafting and make more and more complex stuff. The music is ***incredible***. I think Ryza is one of the best ones too, and I was very skeptical prior to release.

Nothing like Trails at all. This is a slice-of-life game with a small group of friends and lower stakes. Trails is a series built on 1 world with massive character development, way more involved battle system, and does not emphasize crafting. Ryza is a like a "let's take a break from Trails" kind of game, while still being an RPG and very fun, it's more laid back and breezy. <3 it :)

Laid back and breezy is a good change of pace. I'm interested.

Rorschacht

Oct 30, 2017
The trailer was uploaded into the PlayStation Chanel and there are changes likely due to the new politics over content.

Comparisions inside the spoiler tag.

lv0xOAZ.jpg

IpP9tye.jpeg

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
The trailer was uploaded into the PlayStation Chanel and there are changes likely due to the new politics over content.

Comparisions inside the spoiler tag.

lv0xOAZ.jpg

IpP9tye.jpeg
The video is uncensored on the KT European video, it could be because of the ESRB. I remember in the past publishers have had to change box art/promo materials even before Sony's new policies were a thing. The cloud covers part of the UI even so it's obvious they just did a quick fix for the trailer, no way the actual gameplay will be like that with a mysterious cloud constantly walking around the field outside of battle

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Laid back and breezy is a good change of pace. I'm interested.

If you have not played Atelier games ever, I highly recommend Ryza 1 to be your first. It seems like a reboot of the whole series - and while I LOVE a lot of them, Ryza is just.....really good. If you like it, you will like a lot of the others. Also, the sequel is out I think Dec. 2 worldwide so you'll have a direct followup. If you get it I hope you like. I was skeptical of the whole setup and it shocked me and sucked me in hardcore. Perfect laid back game for these trying times :)

Rorschacht

Oct 30, 2017
The video is uncensored on the KT European video, it could be because of the ESRB. I remember in the past publishers have had to change box art/promo materials even before Sony's new policies were a thing. The cloud covers part of the UI even so it's obvious they just did a quick fix for the trailer, no way the actual gameplay will be like that with a mysterious cloud constantly walking around the field outside of battle

Yes, I was just going to comment that the effects in the modified trailer seem to affect the UI, even the light that appears in the japanese one, which doesn't have an effect in the original..

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Uuuuuurrrrgh, I want it but I don't want it. Will probably go with Switch if I do though, since that's what I got the first game on.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Could be the case but it could also be the Western Ps version is getting censored so they lazily censored the trailer like this as there is no footage of the censored Serri yet obviously. The uncensored trailer on the EU KT channel would still make sense as KT is advertising the game in general and not specifically a Ps version as Sony does on their own channel.

Don't believe its getting censored though because if its at point where some butt is already too much for Sony that would be crazy as hell

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Got the plat for Ryza 1 a few weeks ago. It was really fun. I'll probably jump at this at some point although not a fan of Ryza's weird long boot and sandal combo but it is what it is.

I still wish we could get dubbed atelier games again but I guess that'll never happen since they sell pretty decently regardless.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got the plat for Ryza 1 a few weeks ago. It was really fun. I'll probably jump at this at some point although not a fan of Ryza's weird long boot and sandal combo but it is what it is.

I still wish we could get dubbed atelier games again but I guess that'll never happen since they sell pretty decently regardless.
nah pre-ryza sold shit tbh but theres plenty of games that sold less and got a dub.. its just KT not willing to invest on it.. plus they don't even have a in-house localization team