• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Can we just not with the fake court appearance? There's enough legitimate shit out there that can be addressed without adding to misinformation. Pretty damn ridiculous of Sarah Cooper to play along with it being real.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know the Trump administration is as incompetent as they get but how are any of you falling for that transcript? The Trump using crayons gag is a dead giveaway. Now, if it had been a Sharpie...

This is man that by all accounts is functionally illiterate and needs BIG PICTURES in his briefings just to understand what is going on...

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
'OH GOD A JUDGE QUOTED BILLY MADISON AT A TRUMP LAWYER FOR REALSIES????' is approaching boomer level internet naivete.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Wait... 1-24 what's the 1 "win"?
Oversimplified answer. PA was going to throw out like 100 ballots because they came in late. Trump lawyers said hold on we want those thrown away. Judge and PA say okay we were going to throw them out anyways as they came in late in the mail. Trump lawyers patting themselves on the back. Not a real victory.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
"specifically, in question at the moment, ergo, heretofore 3 ballets which have chocolate sauce on them..."

lmao gotta be fake.....or

giphy.gif

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly the courts are rigged.

Its the only logical explanation one can take away from this.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Can we just not with the fake court appearance? There's enough legitimate shit out there that can be addressed without adding to misinformation. Pretty damn ridiculous of Sarah Cooper to play along with it being real.
The GOP already doing plenty of stupid shit up there like this. Getting angry over stuff like this is odd.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
T
I hear this, but I also hear it was the request to have the poll watchers be 6 feet away. Which is it? Or is it more than one case they've "won"?
The poll watchers "victory" isn't included because it wasn't after the election.

Or maybe the other poster is right and it's referring to ballots being thrown out. Thought these were post election lawsuits.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all realize that believing something asinine is true, having someone pointing out it's false, and then you going "who cares if it's false, it's totally something a Trump lawyer would do!" is a classic thing Conservatives do when bullshit about Dems pop up... right?

It does nothing but degrade truth further and (clearly) distract from the actually bullshit at hand here. Let's have some critical thought please.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all realize that believing that's true, someone pointing out it's false, and then you going "who cares if it's false, it's totally something a Trump lawyer would do!" is a classic thing Conservatives do when bullshit about Dems pop up... right?

It does nothing but degrade truth further and (clearly) distract from the actually bullshit at hand here. Let's have some critical thought please.
Some of you really try and make an issue out of anything.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
the 1-24 is in reference to the lawyers attempts to get votes thrown out iirc

Ah that makes more sense.
The GOP already doing plenty of stupid shit up there like this. Getting angry over stuff like this is odd.

Relax about what? Telling people not to fall for what is blatantly a joke post when there's plenty of verifiably dumb shit out there, or about criticizing a rising media figure perpetuating fake news for lols? The fact that the GOP deals in misinformation campaigns is not really a good reason for us to do so as well. It in fact creates greater uncertainty the more it is committed, and helps perpetuate people's distrust of media or publicly available information. Why would you even want to defend people misrepresenting false stories as real ones?

Edit: weird edit, but okay, you upgraded me from needing to relax to bring angry.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
Are there really that many people who haven't seen Billy Madison?

I haven't but I did recognize the quote. Reading just the lawyer's part was enough to know it's fake though. Between this and "all the coronaviruses fit in a teaspoon", I'm surprised that people here are so much more gullible than I thought.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Fun fact, I got in trouble in middle school while walking to an assembly and quoting this scene with my best friend cause a teacher overheard us as we passed her in the hall. She thought I was actually angry at my friend and didn't like that I said, "YOU suck!" to him. Trying to explain to her that it was a quote from a movie did not sway her.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Era likes to pretend it's above "fake news," as only dumb grandparents watching Fox are duped so easily. Yet so many are duped by a meme as old as time. Come on.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you are white, wealthy, and not even judges want to hear your shit... Lmao. That decades' long luck streak is running out.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
It's kinda sad how they have to point out who appointed which judges. The legal system in the US is a fucking sham.

Era likes to pretend it's above "fake news," as only dumb grandparents watching Fox are duped so easily. Yet so many are duped by a meme as old as time. Come on.

Yep. Misinformation is a problem all around.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
So Sarah Cooper made a video of her pretending to be a Trump lawyer (speaking, clearly not lip synching) and then someone wrote up a transcript of what she said, posted it on Twitter, and as a result some people think that it WAS a real thing a lawyer said and Sarah actually was lip synching the audio of the lawyer which she miraculously had access to?

C'mon people...

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well if you want to make the case that the justice system is systemically corrupt and biased against your party and want to have a case to replace them with people who would toe the party's line because they're just "glad to have the job", one way of doing it is to make sure you file as many lawsuits as possible and see them all get shut down because surely the only explanation is that your claims are true if every single one of your lawsuit is shut down.

Oct 25, 2017

Don't forget all the posters who don't bother to read OPs and just react to headlines.

The sooner people accept everyone is capable of falling for this shit the faster we can begin to correct it.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Some of you really try and make an issue out of anything.
Considering the amount of people actually asking "is this real?" And the way it almost instantly derailed the thread, I think it's fair enough to ask that fake shit isn't posted in a thread about real shit, especially when the poster is responding that it is real

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why Republicans are so desperate for judges. They know their voting power is trickling away where they haven't gerrymandered the fuck out of everything. If they could have installed partisan judges that would rule in their favor, they gladly would have.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, responses to that post are just depressing. We go after the right for believing anything that fits their worldview, no matter how ridiculous, but it can happen here too.

Really gotta pay attention to sources.