• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a billion ways to respond that are positive or neutral and she picks one of the only ways to actually just self-implode on it.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Because the audience laughed and clapped so she figured she was safe. I'm not saying she's telling the truth, but I frequently do the thing where I'll just agree with someone when I don't hear them and I don't want to ask them to repeat themselves.

I do that too, but I'm not running for President. She should be more careful if she is being honest.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell can't these people be real? You fucked up Harris. Tell me you fucked up and apologize. Not that it matters to me because I don't like her at all regardless, but god damn. Trying to say she didn't hear what they said...after laughing and saying "Well said". Ummmm

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
Given how she views her own prosecutorial record, it's not surprising in the least. Her role was to be an instrument of systemic racism, and she played her part and sees nothing to apologize for in that role.

Not everybody's going to read the link, so I'll quote it
  • Historical adversity, which includes slavery, sharecropping and race-based exclusion from health, educational, social and economic resources, translates into socioeconomic disparities experienced by African Americans today. Socioeconomic status, in turn, is linked to mental health: People who are impoverished, homeless, incarcerated or have substance abuse problems are at higher risk for poor mental health.
  • Despite progress made over the years, racism continues to have an impact on the mental health of Black/African Americans. Negative stereotypes and attitudes of rejection have decreased, but continue to occur with measurable, adverse consequences. Historical and contemporary instances of negative treatment have led to a mistrust of authorities, many of whom are not seen as having the best interests of Black/African Americans in mind.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man I was all in on Kamala but she's been messing up left and right ever since she called out Biden.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell can't these people be real? You fucked up Harris. Tell me you fucked up and apologize. Not that it matters to me because I don't like her at all regardless, but god damn. Trying to say she didn't hear what they said...after laughing and saying "Well said". Ummmm
She never does that. Literally refuses to say she fucked up and apologize for anything in her prosecutorial career. Because, you know, she doesn't see anything wrong with it.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I've soured on Harris a bit, but this ain't it at all. She didn't say it and it was just last week she came out with a plan for disabled Americans. This is bitch eating crackers territory.

I doubt this hurts her chances, outside this forum, at all.

You don't get it. This is a trend of her lying or going back on what she's said. That isn't a person you should want as president. She could lie about many other things that matter to all Americans.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much longer she's going to keep going, I suppose she'll hang on through the October debate at least since she's already qualified for it. Her campaign has gone terribly since that first debate and I don't see any way she can get her polling numbers above 10% again

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I'm surprised she didn't say "we should have a conversation about that" in either the reply or the apology. She must have learned a few new sentences.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Dismissing derogatory language
I don't really see this as mocking mentally challenged people but it was in poor taste, I suppose. Personally, I don't see it as a big deal but the lying to cover it up part is pretty stupid. She should've just owned up to it and apologized for offending people.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Well, she wouldn't be the first person to pretend like she heard someone. But who knows--maybe she did hear it?
It would be nice if her word actually meant shit and we would be able to tell if her apology is genuine. As it is, anyone believing her is pretty naive.

Sep 28, 2018
So ableism doesn't count if you don't say it yourself and just agree with it?

My point is it's not going to affect her politically nearly as bad as if she had said it herself. So in a way, to answer your question, yes it doesn't count.

You don't get it. This is a trend of her lying or going back on what she's said. That isn't a person you should want as president. She could lie about many other things that matter to all Americans.

The trend already existed before this, this changes nothing for her or her campaign. I'm tired of the dogmatic cancel culture, it's getting worse like this and its impacts overstated on a constant basis. The race starts like a month or two before Iowa.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
The trend already existed before this, this changes nothing for her or her campaign. I'm tired of the dogmatic cancel culture, it's getting worse like this and its impacts overstated on a constant basis. The race starts like a month or two before Iowa.

Every lie and backpedal adds up. It isn't this particular instance that will torch her campaign, but the collective lies and backpedals. If it's brought up in the debates, I can see her falling in the polls.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Her shitty damage control looked like something out of Veep. Of course she heard it. No one is buying that she didn't.

Oct 27, 2017
It was definitely the wrong choice of words. But people convince themselves that they're so upset by this but everyday people on this very forum are making fun of Trump and his 'dementia' or his 'mental illness' or whatever ailment they can blame as the cause for his malfeasance. It is hypocritical as fuck.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know the term "punching down" already exists, but do we have a phrase for when you punch down while simultaneously punching up?
giphy.gif

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My point is it's not going to affect her politically nearly as bad as if she had said it herself. So in a way, to answer your question, yes it doesn't count.

So it's not bad because it won't affect her politically? Also who is talking about 'cancelling' her? This is just reason #152 of why she's a bad choice for president.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
As bad as agreeing with it in the first place is, the explanation just really makes her come off as someone who isn't credible.

Really hurt my estimation of her as a candidate tbh.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I kind of buy that she used "well said" as a strategy to respond to a voter she didn't hear, mostly because I don't think she'd respond that way to "Trump is a fucking idiot," but this is why they obviously doesn't work. What a fuck up.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he said 40 words in that clip that doesn't even include his whole question but the framing is that she said well said to just two words and not his overall statement?

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
She didn't chastise a supporter at a rally in the moment, for using a rude term. It's not a good look, but it's hardly some major condemnation of her character.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to this again, what gets me is the fact that her answer makes no sense anyway, even without the "well said" comment. He specifically asks "what are you going to do in the next one year", i.e. as a senator before the election. Her follow up response, "I plan to win this election, I tell you that" doesn't make sense as an answer to that question and it would sound pretty dumb even if she did actually answer the question after the clip ended

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know how anyone can support her. How can someone support a candidate that is constantly flipflopping on whatever the hell the said the day earlier. I listen to Greg Proops' podcast and while I enjoy his commentary and find him funny, his blind support of Harris and derision of Bernie drives me insane.
I love, love, love Proops' but I finally bailed on Smartest Man in the World. I just couldn't take his shallow political analysis anymore.

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
It was definitely the wrong choice of words. But people convince themselves that they're so upset by this but everyday people on this very forum are making fun of Trump and his 'dementia' or his 'mental illness' or whatever ailment they can blame as the cause for his malfeasance. It is hypocritical as fuck.

Talking about whether Trump has dementia or a mental illness is not the same as calling him "mentally r*tarded" and even if it was, none of us "hypocritical" posters here are running for president.

he said 40 words in that clip that doesn't even include his whole question but the framing is that she said well said to just two words and not his overall statement?

I'd say calling someone "mentally r*tarded" in your statement disqualifies it from being "well said" regardless of the rest. She could have easily agreed with the person on the whole, pointed out that she disagrees with the use of that phrase and moved on. Politicians have to do that when things like this come up, as they do when you take questions from potential voters on the campaign trail.