• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I'm at home getting ready for the GoT finale. Not gonna lie, the turnout is pretty dire. We had twenty for the season opener and a huge feast, but it's going to be three of us and delivery pizza for the grand finale. Not sure if Dany's going to make it onto the Democratic ticket.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I attended a Florida rally for Bernie back in 2016. Pretty engaging stuff. I like his speeches even more this cycle, but everything is live streamed pretty well these days so I'm not missing much.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
How is that being realistic? Who in this thread is planning on not voting for the dem candidate and is also not in a solid blue state lol

Guess what? This thread is not America. If Sanders wins the nom, I'm obviously going for him over Trump.

lol who do you think is going to win?

Who even knows? I will say Sanders is not a big pick for me. And I supported him in 2016...

You mean like the over 90% of people that voted for Bernie in the primary and then Hillary in the GE? More Bernie supporters voted for Hillary than Hillary supporters for Obama.

Anyone can play the numbers game. Hillary lost in battleground states by very small numbers. I can't necessarily blame Bernie Bros for it, but I'm certainly no fan of them.

says the true fucker.

Says the greatest wordsmith.

I like a lot of Bernie's policy ideas. That said, I really can't bring myself to back him as a presidential candidate.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Says the greatest wordsmith.

I like a lot of Bernie's policy ideas. That said, I really can't bring myself to back him as a presidential candidate.

that's all fine and dandy. But there's no need to call all those Bernie supporters who are hoping for a better future, "fuckers".

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Who even knows? I will say Sanders is not a big pick for me. And I supported him in 2016...

The information on all of the candidates if out there, I'm surprised that you're clearly done with Bernie already but don't have another choice lined up. Would love to know what switched for you from 2016 to now, why was Bernie your choice then but not today? He hasn't changed, so I'm assuming you have in some way?

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Anyone can play the numbers game. Hillary lost in battleground states by very small numbers. I can't necessarily blame Bernie Bros for it, but I'm certainly no fan of them.
Huh? You mean the facts game? I guess anyone can present facts but it doesnt matter if I stick my head in the sand. If more Bernie supporters voted for Hillary than Hillary supporters did for Obama but she still lost. It shows she was unsuccesful in appealing to certain demographs. Certainly not a detriment towards Bernie. Even though I do think Bernie was a bit of a sore loser in 2016.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
meanwhile i get a trump rally happening 20 minutes away from me tomorrow

unfair, not funfair

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
User banned (1 day): trolling
I'm at the shitter in my house
Pretty good turnout. Farting a lot right now. Very loud and hearty farts. Getting me hyped.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tend to make threads with more substance instead of one note thoughts , don't we get in trouble in most cases like this ?

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
The information on all of the candidates if out there, I'm surprised that you're clearly done with Bernie already but don't have another choice lined up. Would love to know what switched for you from 2016 to now, why was Bernie your choice then but not today? He hasn't changed, so I'm assuming you have in some way?

I like a number of them, and I'm convinced that just about everyone running would be a better President than our current one. I don't think I can truly pick one until I see them debate. I want to vote for the person who will of course have a solid vision (policy plans help), but also one that I am confident can beat Trump. I don't know that we have that complete picture yet.

Huh? You mean the facts game? I guess anyone can present facts but it doesnt matter if I stick my head in the sand. If more Bernie supporters voted for Hillary than Hillary supporters did for Obama but she still lost. It shows she was unsuccesful in appealing to certain demographs. Certainly not a detriment towards Bernie. Even though I do think Bernie was a bit of a sore loser in 2016.

Kinda, yeah. And that's partially my gripe. It's perhaps unfair of me to pick on disgruntled Sanders voters from 2016, as I'm more concerned this cycle about the same "effect" happening with other candidates. I am hoping by the end of the primary we're not left with a block of people who feel "cheated" or some bullshit and then end up staying home.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if that's causing Biden to get so much support- people just want a huge winner so no one thinks they were cheated.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
If/when he doesn't become the nominee, these fuckers better get on board to defeat Trump.
Is there some significant contingent of Era that wouldn't?

It seems like this point becomes a huge presence in every thread about Bernie, but crossover voters are a tiny group that are present in every Presidential election for one reason or another.

Any non-Bernie Democratic voter will likely have crossover voters too, and those voters will be just as guilty of re-electing Trump as the millions that have already decided to vote for Trump.

This discussion always comes off as disingenuous, and nothing more than an attempt to attach Bernie's candidacy to Trump's victory. If Bernie had won the nom in 2016, would everyone have blamed Hillary>Trump voters if Trump had won? I doubt it.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

It seems like this point becomes a huge presence in every thread about Bernie, but crossover voters are a tiny group that are present in every Presidential election for one reason or another.

Any non-Bernie Democratic voter will likely have crossover voters too, and those voters will be just as guilty of re-electing Trump as the millions that have already decided to vote for Trump.

This discussion always comes off as disingenuous, and nothing more than an attempt to attach Bernie's candidacy to Trump's victory. If Bernie had won the nom in 2016, would everyone have blamed Hillary>Trump voters if Trump had won? I doubt it.

For people who should be ok with this many leftists here sure like to posture that they'll bail when it's not Bernie with that nomination. And it's not just a few posters either.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA

I don't entirely blame Bernie or his base for 2016 by any means. But as I mentioned above...

"It's perhaps unfair of me to pick on disgruntled Sanders voters from 2016, as I'm more concerned this cycle about the same "effect" happening with other candidates. I am hoping by the end of the primary we're not left with a block of people who feel "cheated" or some bullshit and then end up staying home."

I'm not worried about people here staying home if their favorite candidate doesn't make it. It's other people. Blue turnout suffered in 2016 (for any number of reasons we could analyze to death). I hope 2018 is a predictor of the scale of turnout we can expect in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.