• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
🎶 GPUUUUU!
🎶 Tell me what to do!
🎶 GPU! GPUUUUU!
🎶 Tell me what to do!
🎶 And I'll do it for you!

What a concentrated mass of charming fun. I can't believe how much joy this little pack in has brought me.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely gorgeous and fun game that sold me on the DualSense. When I was running around GPU Jungle on the first part finding the puzzle pieces, I noticed a Crash reference I completely missed the first time.

Honestly I'd pay good money for a full fledged Astro platformer as long as it utilizes the DualSense like Playroom did.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Holy shit folks, i freaked out when i saw a silent hill 2 reference in SSD land.

RyanBankz

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
That feeling when you find a poem on the wall, then realize it's lyrics to the song you've been listening to the whole time. Lolll love this game.

I'M YOUR GPUUUUUU

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
This is a wonderful little game, and a brilliant way to set the stage for a new era of PlayStation. I can't wait to see what this team comes up with next, they're truly one of the brightest stars in the Sony universe.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Absolutely gorgeous and fun game that sold me on the DualSense. When I was running around GPU Jungle on the first part finding the puzzle pieces, I noticed a Crash reference I completely missed the first time.

Honestly I'd pay good money for a full fledged Astro platformer as long as it utilizes the DualSense like Playroom did.

Honestly wouldn't doubt they'll have another planned for PSVR2 whenever that happens.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Was there a Twisted Metal reference? I'm sure it must be there, but it's the one notable franchise I couldn't find represented.

When you're on ice have hold square to charge Astro's and then let go and jump while moving forward three times. It unlocks a trophy called Twisting Metal. A lot of the trophies are references to games. Like Dude Raider, Cool Hoarding and The Found Legacy.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
The artifacts made me smile and laugh so hard. They pulled out some of the most obscure stuff. Particularly in the PSP area with not only the Camera, but the Mic attachment and the freaking GPS!

And your viewer for all them being a PocketStation is so good

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Hope Sony gives Team Asobi a shot for a higher budget project... We need an AAA astro game.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of references is absurd. And for games I wouldn't even expect. Absolutely love the Tekken one.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah an option would definitely be great. I enjoyed Astro's Playroom so much that I'm gonna start diving into the speedrunning levels.

I'm honestly half surprised it wasn't an option on the first, but I can understand why. Hoping that going forward there's a mix of options for future games in the series since Playroom has been so well received.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it wow, what a trip. Here's my thoughts.
* The gimmicks were kind of annoying. I did not like the monkey suit. But ice skating felt really cool.
* Getting to the end of the worlds and hearing the PS1 intro, and even more so with the PS2 intro. It just made me stop and I got a bit emotional.
* Was there really no Legend of Dragoon reference or did I miss it? Also no Dark Cloud, Legaia, or I.Q. references? That's expected I guess, but they had freakin Vib Ribbon and Jumping Flash in there.
* I think my favorite was the Silent Hill reference, so jarring from the rest of the game, it made me laugh. TLOU reference was good for that too. And the Loco Roco reference was super cute. The God of War one was great too.
* They had Ratchet but no Clank? That's criminal.
* What is this from? It's not War of the Monsters, is it?
20201113-192755.jpg
Still processing, but wow, what an experience. And it was free! I got all of the collectibles, but still need to go back and get a couple of the trophies.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it wow, what a trip. Here's my thoughts.
* The gimmicks were kind of annoying. I did not like the monkey suit. But ice skating felt really cool.
* Getting to the end of the worlds and hearing the PS1 intro, and even more so with the PS2 intro. It just made me stop and I got a bit emotional.
* Was there really no Legend of Dragoon reference or did I miss it? Also no Dark Cloud, Legaia, or I.Q. references? That's expected I guess, but they had freakin Vib Ribbon and Jumping Flash in there.
* I think my favorite was the Silent Hill reference, so jarring from the rest of the game, it made me laugh. TLOU reference was good for that too. And the Loco Roco reference was super cute. The God of War one was great too.
* They had Ratchet but no Clank? That's criminal.
* What is this from? It's not War of the Monsters, is it?

Still processing, but wow, what an experience. And it was free! I got all of the collectibles, but still need to go back and get a couple of the trophies.

That's Gaius, the third Colossus in SotC. You can see the the Wander bot on the ledge in front of him holding up a sword every now and then.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
That's Gaius, the third Colossus in SotC. You can see the the Wander bot on the ledge in front of him holding up a sword every now and then.
Ohh, that makes a lot of sense thanks. I really should go back and beat SotC. I only barely started it before getting distracted by something else.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Such a great experience. Finding the references was more satisfying than finding puzzle pieces.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Final boss being the trex demo was incredible.

Also it may sound crazy but this is my GOTY so far.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that end boss sequence was fabulous.

The Labo reminds me of the plaza in Nintendo Land. Similar set up. I'd love to see Nintendo embrace their past in a game like this.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'd honestly prefer it be a game you can play in VR or without, just so more people have access to it.
I'm not sure if that would work very well tbh. I think if you ported Rescue Mission to the PS5 for example, it would be pretty damn basic. The beauty of that game is in how it's designed specifically for VR, and becomes revelatory when you're the one having to physically peer down ledges looking for the secrets and stuff. Unlike with racing games and the like, I don't think platformers are suited to just having a VR option. It needs to be built specifically for the headset.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Question since this game takes advantage of it so much.

So the only way to use the 3d audio feature is to plug in a pair of headphones into the controller jack?

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
What are the lily pads with the recycling symbols in Cooling Springs supposed to be? It seems like they're a reference to some sort of packaging, but I'm not getting the reference.

Also, is there a way to actually view the figurines you get from the gacha machine? Or do they just add to the bots running around the PlayStation Labo?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I missed the Gravity Rush one. I bet I know where Kat is, even!

My personal favourite was the enormous Robbit from Jumping Flash. Second place is the bot playing with the RC car from Ridge Racer in the Labo.