• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
After this and Rescue Mission, I hope we get another full game sooner rather than later. Astro Bot puts a smile on my face like no other video game.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
GPPPUUUU

catchy song.

Really loving this game.

The only criticism I really have is that when you have to blow into the controller for some segments, it doesn't work if you have a headset in.. (at least with my usb connected razer kraken)

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
Started this up as my first PS5 game and ended up getting the platinum in one sitting. All the little nods to different franchises were really great, especially the one for Silent Hill 2. I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I went all out and bought, Valhalla, Dirt 5, Miles and Dark Souls and Astro so far is my fav. Plus the HDR is first rate!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Someone reassure me we will get full fledged astro bot games in the future. Astro and his worlds are so fun. I like Sackboy, but sometimes Sackboy's Britishness puts me off

Game is legit fun and I want more

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Astro is way more charming and full of character than I expected for a pack in. Or a game period really. Sackboy probably got a raw deal staring back on PS3, but yeah. The future needs more Astro.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
This game is brilliant. It perfectly demonstrates the capabilities of the DualSense and is just plain fun.

Not only that, but it's a beautiful celebration of the history of Playstation. Unlocking some old peripherals that I had forgotten about put the biggest smile on my face.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
SSD speedway is so cool

I would give this game an 8.5/10 where the only cons are too short and camera is a bit slow

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Unlocking some old peripherals that I had forgotten about put the biggest smile on my face.

I totally forgot this was a thing.

PlayStation-Multitap-Adaptor.jpg

Revan Ren

Jan 11, 2018
This game has been great, I'd happily pay for a full fledged version ( it isn't Mario 64 tier however :)

I'm not done with it - are there any Gran Turismo references?

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
This game puts a huge smile in your face AND it's a superb demonstration of the Dualsense. Fantastic thing to pack in with PS5.

I agree with everyone lauding Asobi - they've earned the benefit of the doubt. Incredible talent.

The HDR in this game really looks good, the highlights look great, and on the levels above the cloud that added detail to the gradients really helps.
Yeah, this! It really elevates the presentation without being excessive.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Love everything about this game except how hard it is to convince people who have no interest to actually give it a try.

Game is fantastic

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Bought a PS5 for Demon's Souls but I couldn't put this game down. This could be Sony's Mario. I want more.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Is there an OT or is this it? This game is amazing.
Astrobot is the best pack in I've ever played. Smile on my face the whole time. The way they use the controller and the easter eggs... Kinda glad my miles morales was delayed.
I love the references. A few I couldn't figure out though. I love everything about this game though

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
The game won me over quickly, I'm very impressed by how much charm it has. It's a delight in so many ways, my only complaint is the limited interaction with enemies and that you die in one hit and have to restart the level from scratch

I hope they release more content for the game and create more experiences like it. I think some co-op implementations would suit it really well.

For those that played Sackboy Adventures, is it similar to Astro Playroom?

HighJump

Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
This game was an absolute charmer. The world is so easy to fall in love with.

9/10. Not enough worlds. Not long enough. Costs $499. NEEDS CO OP!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mid 80s feels too low for this. It's one hell of an experience, and has a lot of replay value for a free to play game. Should be 90+

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was added during the day 1 update. It's just extra trophies and not part of any bonus content (that I know of)

edit: I'm not sure If there was a day 1 update actually. I don't know why they are separate.
Oh thanks, I wasn't sure if it was extra content or what.

I'm sure this is in the works, but I hope somebody puts a guide together of all the references. I got a lot of them so far, but there's still some that I really have no clue about and I'd love to learn more. And probably a bunch that I missed completely.

Wheatly

Nov 18, 2017
This is an unbelievable charming, high quality, fun game - I would rate this at least 9/10

Oct 27, 2017
Just hit the credits, wow. What an amazing game. So many great mechanics. Would love a game twice as long. IMO Demon Souls and Spider Man are very good and it will be hard to top this for me tho lol.
Legit GOTY contender for me.

the ending sequence was so amazing.

now I've got to finish finding collectibles For the platinum

D23

Oct 25, 2017
This game legit made me feel like a kid again. Just pure joy! Im smiling the whole through. Thank you sony.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious, has anybody found any references to Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia (doubtful), or Dark Cloud by chance? Spoiler tag it if you need. Just how deep do these references go?

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
When I realized the hub world was the inside of a PS4...Awesome lol.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I feel like an idiot, but how the fuck does the climbing work?! For the life of me I cannot pin down exactly what input causes the ape to bend the grabbing arm and lift up with the other.

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
There are so many bizarrely small details it is almost baffling. Like seeing a PlayStation and the text blurb has the OG menu color splotches - just for that one text field! :D

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Had a smile on my face the entire time playing this. Guessing I should go for the platinum until my Spidey and Demon's Souls copies arrive.

Charbox

May 21, 2018
Had a lot of fun with the game. It has tonnes of charm which any good 3D Platformer should strive for. Hopefully in the near future they can put out a sequel to flesh out the game a bit more, a wider move set would be nice as Astro is fairly limited in what they can do.

If there is a game to sell you on the controller it's this.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Jesus christ this game is addictive!

I want to check out my other PS5 stuff, but I can't get enough easter egg hunting and finding more artifacts in this 😆😆😆