• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Just finished this. Might legit be the best tribute to a gaming brand/brand(s) I've experienced outside of stuff like Smash Bros. The end of each world incorporating one of the PS console startups was amazing.

I think my top three favorite references were Symphony of the Night, Gravity Rush and especially motherfuckin' Vib Ribbon.

I love that the FFVII one was just a bunch of bots just huddled around the Buster Sword staring in wide eyed amazement.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
Tekken also has a great little fun scene. I was happy to see Parappa and even Lammy make an appearance. T-Rex for all the PSX oldtimers. Do we have any Persona references or other JRPGs besides the Buster Sword?

Also, the bot with the trench coat and the tesla gun is from Order, right? Any Resistance refs, or maybe Socom?

Fowler

Oct 26, 2017
The GPU song was great. But seeing the GPU actually sing the song? Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
holy shit this was fantastic. i only meant to give the game a little go to test out the dual sense but here i am like 7 hours later having played it non stop and scooped up 100% of the trophies. honestly think this is one of the best games i've played in recent memory. it is charming in every sense possible.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
lmao... I got my PS5 today and got Demon's Souls, Sackboy and Cold War with it... but the game I've played the most is Astro.

Incredible game, super charming and the speedrun music is *chefskiss

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
Oh my god! How cuuuute are Astro and the other bots? This game oozes with charm & is an insanely great trip down memory lane. Could't stop smiling playing through the first world. Incredible game!

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I platinumed the game and I still can't stop jumping in to replay levels. It's unbelievably good.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
haha i love these posts and how this game has crept up on everyone

congrats to Asobi team!

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
I adore this game. Easily one of the best games I've played this year. Every single thing about it—music, gameplay, visuals, those damn easter eggs—is the best it can be. I'll probably end up replaying the whole thing multiple times and try to get decent times on the speedrun levels.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Did not expect me to like this game as much as I did. Just platinumed it + finished the add-on trophies. Wow, what a game.

Please finish it everyone. Its dope as hell

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so proud of this achievement...the only level I managed to get four digit ranking. It's wild how some can get 40 seconds on the electricity level.

TejmssG.jpg

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I have been playing astro for a few hours since getting my PS5 today and I have to say that I have been enjoying this game alot. It's a good showcase for the controller (which is fucking amazing) and the platforming is fun. It also has a ton of charm and at times it just shoots pure concentrated nostalgia right into your veins. All there references to other games is alot of fun too.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm so proud of this achievement...the only level I managed to get four digit ranking. It's wild how some can get 40 seconds on the electricity level.
I ended up getting like top 400-500 in one of the levels, honestly can't imagine what I could have done to get a better time.

Then I saw the top of the leaderboard having a 6 second better time. HOW?!!!?

MY RUN WAS PERFECT EVEN WITH CUTTING CORNERS!!!

Kizuna

Oct 27, 2017
This game's stupid good, holy shit. I jumped in without watching any streams or anything, and it's unreal.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
I platinumed the game in one sitting, was really fun. Loved seeing all the game references in the various worlds and finding all that weird pieces of hardware. The fact that a lot of trophies had some gimmicky conditions was nice too, as it made me try to interact with the world more, and that was fun on its own. It's probably the best pack-in game after Wii Sports, just amazing all around, and a great way to showcase the capabilities of the DualSense.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Man. What a really great game. Simple, but addictive fun. Not sure if it's one of the GOATs for me like it is for others, but it definitely blew away my expectations. A plus for me was the length. There was no fat to cut on that game. I would actually buy far more games if more were this short.

Jun 4, 2019
This game was just pure joy...had a smile on my face the entire time. Loved all the little details like jumping over the hardware in the Labo area and turning everything on. So much nostalgia attached to the older systems.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Just finished it. A great game and nostalgia trip through the last 25 years of my life!

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I finished off all the trophies last night. Absolutely fantastic game, loved every bit. I also enjoy that you can actually delete it, unlike the pack in Playroom game for PS4. I may need that 10GB soon, lol.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Played this with my son who turned 4 today, first game we have played together. He was laughing, smiling the entire time. I had a giant grin while playing as well. So many little tributes to the brand and games I have been playing since the beginning. This made me feel old, but in a good way. I loved it, now time to find everything thats hidden.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Has anyone seen reports of the game crashing the PS5? In both crashes when I did a hard reset the game did not create a save file at any point so I lost two hours of progress twice

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
It's neat but I found the monkey and sidescrolling suits kind of annoying :/

The monkey suit was my favorite. I hated the rolling ball suit. Pity as PS1 is my favorite of the PlayStations (the one I have the most nostalgia attached to) and I would like to finish the mural and get all the artifacts but I really don't want to do those levels again.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize how much nostalgia I had for PlayStation until this lovely gem of a game came along.