• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 17, 2018
Biggest surprise of the year for me.

If you have an affinity for the history of PlayStation, it's just perfect. I was smiling throughout the entire thing.

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
It's really really good. I was very surprised at the amount of depth and content there was to it. I would have honestly paid $40 for this.

Oct 25, 2017
The phrase "Love letter to ______" gets thrown around way too much, but it's hard to think of many more deserving games for that moniker

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it impossible to Invert the Y-axis camera controls on this? I found it extremely unpleasant to play without this. I stopped playing, in fact.

Hopefully I am missing something or they end up patching it like Nintendo patched the Mario 3D Collection.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the monkey parts. I want more of it.
I didn't expect such a different reaction to my own. I hated the monkey parts. Granted I was lying down on the couch and trying not to disturb my sleeping dog. The motion controls for that part just felt really flimsy, I kept accidentally steering way to the left.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Is it impossible to Invert the Y-axis camera controls on this? I found it extremely unpleasant to play without this. I stopped playing, in fact.

Hopefully I am missing something or they end up patching it like Nintendo patched the Mario 3D Collection.
You need to go to your console's settings under Game Data Presets or something like that, and it lets you change to inverted at a system level.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
After Astrobot VR and now this! I am convinced that Asobo are at the top of the game for platformers. Both games are a little lacking in content, but they're incredible on creativity.

I also think it's great that they've managed to create a strong combination of mascot character design, strong visuals, tight controls and catchy music. It reminds me a lot of my favorite Mario games, which is impressive.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
After Astrobot VR and now this! I am convinced that Asobo are at the top of the game for platformers. Both games are a little lacking in content, but they're incredible on creativity.

I also think it's great that they've managed to create a strong combination of mascot character design, strong visuals, tight controls and catchy music. It reminds me a lot of my favorite Mario games, which is impressive.
Yeah, everything is very cohesive in its design. It feels like the work of an extremely confident developer, like the 3D Mario games do.

I used to want Astro Bot to stay in VR because it was so incredible an experience, but now I just want a big full Astro Bot game. I don't care if it's VR or not, because I can now see that sheer creativity is going to show up regardless.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
the PS1 stuff hit me right in the feels. brought me right back to 5th grade thru middle school and being blown away by 3D games.

Oct 27, 2017
It's an amazing celebration of the Playstation brand. I also love all of the little NPC bots posing as different franchise protagonists throughout the levels.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017

Absolutely. Sony should be throwing money at them to make a Mario-tier game.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
This is the game to start with. It's only a few hours long and a great introduction to the PS5, the Dual Sense controller and its capabilities, and a trip down memory lane for long time PlayStation owners.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does it have some multiplayer?
The ninja bots mini game in the PS4 Playroom was great.

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
Just platinumed the game and it was an absolute joy. The game is a love letter and a tribute to PlayStation history. I felt giddy every time I collected an artifact, or saw some bots reenacting a scene from a game in PlayStation history. They really need to expand this IP, much potential here.

I realize this game is meant to showcase the PS5 features, but I didn't care for the haptic feedback and turned everything off. It is literally constant feedback 100% of the time while playing. Glad it's there for those who enjoy it, and thankful it can be turned off.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
they put so much thought into this game. i dont see how theyd be able to pull off a full game with all the references and stuff, but it made the journey that much better.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
It's the second best controlling platformer I've ever played. The first is Super Mario Odyssey. That's pretty incredible. Keep em coming Sony.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
It's great that it's preloaded on the PS5 because a lot of people will likely just try it when they have to wait for the download or install of their other games lol

Oct 29, 2017
What a treat this is. Especially for "older folk" like me, who vividly remember the time leading up to the original PlayStation launch, and who grew up with this, and in all the years since. Such a unique well-crafted love letter.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
lol who's gonna sleep on it? It's a tie-in game with the PS5 (similar to Wii Sports) and it showcases the features of the new controller. I assure you that nearly every single person that buys a PS5 will try it out.