• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Do you like collectathons?
Do you have nostalgia for previous generations?
Do you enjoy unique gameplay experiences?
Do you like games with polish and charm?
Do you want a good demonstration of the capabilities of your new console?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, I implore you to not skip this game. It's not just a tech demo. It's amazing in every way.

Some of my favorite bits
-the recreation of popular playstation games
-the 3D sound in SSD Speedway
-all the different transformations and how they change up the gameplay and use of the controller
-The differences in "texture" of the surfaces
-the nods to rescue mission
-how the music in memory meadow changes
-I could FEEL the raindrops!
-playstation labo

Last edited:

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Consider this post a petition for a fully fledged non-VR Astro Bot game, thank you very much.
giphy.gif

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I agree, if you got a PS5, it's pre-installed and an incredible game. I have a smile on me the whole time playing it and it's filled with PlayStation Easter eggs and obscure references people will love. It's an amazing demonstration of what the DualSense can do so as well. But most importantly, it's a super fun game and the music is so much fun!

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I don't normally play platformers like Astrobot, but I can't count the number of times I've smiled or laughed during my hour or so of playtime last night! Some of the things it does with the controller haptics really gave me that next-generation feeling.

I'm going to 100%/Platinum this game and I'll be there on day 1 if they release a sequel.

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
I just wanted to try the controller out, and I couldn't put the game down.
So fun to play, as everyone has said, it put a smile on my face.

I won't put too much time into DeS until I 100% this game.

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
Sleep on? This will be my first Platinum trophy on PlayStation 5!
Just. 6. Days. : [

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
The feeling of the ice skating part is worth it alone. It brought me back to my childhood days and the way I imagined something like NHL 95 could play. They need to add a minigame where you skate around and check each other lol.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Will be the first thing I play on the system.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
The game is a delight from beginning to end. Speaking of end, please don't look at the spoilers. You owe it to yourselves to experience it.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
It's so damn good. I would have paid good money for this game, and it makes me hope it gets a full fledged sequel in the coming years.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
It's such an amazing love letter to PlayStation fans. I couldn't imagine a better introduction to a new console.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Damn right
Both VR and Non VR, Astrobot in VR is really something special.
Yep, I have a PSVR and have played Astrobot, too. However, I think there's a real potential for Astro Bot to become a bigger mascot for Playstation if they make a full fledge non-VR game. Astro's Playroom is getting mad love and people seem to genuinely enjoy it. They've already made it good enough to build a possible demand for more and I think they'd reach more people with a non-VR game in the future than a VR Sequel.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I have a PSVR and have played Astrobot, too. However, I think there's a real potential for Astro Bot to become a bigger mascot for Playstation if they make a full fledge non-VR game. Astro's Playroom is getting mad love and people seem to genuinely enjoy it. They've already made it good enough to build a possible demand for more and I think they'd reach more people with a non-VR game in the future than a VR Sequel.

Yeah but the strategy will probably be, you want the new astrobot game, you have to buy a VR headset, imagine the selling unit explode..... you get curent VR user and a whole bunch of new.

LonelyGay

May 18, 2019
I actually played this game first before Miles Morales and Demon's Souls (and Sack Boy!) and I have no ragerts. It's absolutely fantastic. It actually encouraged me to purchase Astro Bot's Rescue Mission yesterday!

sephghast

Oct 25, 2017
This game is amazing and I came here to make basically the same topic. It sparks Nintendo levels of joy in me. Dual sense is magical, not even being hyperbolic.

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
I got the platinum trophy on day 1, in addition to a crazy amount of references to playstation's history and the wonderful dualsense implementation, the game is just a lot of fun to play. It's tight, simple, worlds are well laid out, and smooth. I'm hopeful they will do a full 8-10 game. AstroBot Rescue Mission is my favorite platformer of the last 5-10 years.

I know it's supposed to be a tech demo but this game may make my top 10 this year and I think this year has been nuts for games.

OP
OP
tr00per

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
OP is dead on!

I started it up thinking I would get some controller tutorials and move on. Fast forward 2 hours and my face hurts from smiling and laughing so much. It is a rare gem and perfect pack-in launch game. Gave me the same feelings back in the day when I first played Mario 64. The sense of nostalgia, awe, an wonder...especially if you are a PlayStation fan. Must play for sure.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Co-signed. Astro is wonderful.
I'm looking forward to PSVR2 so I can play the VR game and maybe a sequel they make for PSVR2. Would also be very happy to have a full, non-VR, game.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
With this whole collaboration thing going on with Travis Scott, it would be cool if they had some DLC or even a sequel tied into Astroworld

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this game is insanely dope. It can be a full blown game in the future. Actually I'd like a Astrobot/Sackboy dual platforming title. It would be well.