• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
ovpr9fdosqoen8rjvli9.gif

Violent Astro Bot.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed it a lot. Nice tech demo that was also really fun to play. I'd love to see a sequel with more levels and more collectibles.

Also, maybe a Legend of Dragoon easter egg. Please, Sony. Acknowledge it exists!

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know this thread is gonna like get turned into "news" on a site like gamerant or w/e.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my top games of 2020. The nostalgia you'll get as a gamer who grew up with Playstation is off the charts and the characters are so cute and endearing. Great musical score as well. You can really feel the love the game developers put into this one. Play it!

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope everyone who grabs a PS5 gives it a go because it's free, it's delightful, it plays like a dream, and it's the perfect demonstration of the potential of the hardware. Modern masterpiece.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still the best PS5 game tbh. Friends who completely wrote it off ended up loving it. It just has something to it that makes it an absolute joy to play. Sony need to make Astro their mascot right now.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I might have to eat some crow here but I think by the end of the PS5s life cycle Astro's Playroom will be the best-selling PS5 title

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Well deserved! Got over 20 hours in the game so far and I still enjoy the speedruns a lot when friends are over.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
The game received an update yesterday. Does anyone know what changed?

Ridiculous that the PS5 does no longer have patch notes for games. Fix this shit Sony.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Watch it go on to be one of the best sellers of the generation. They said it'd never happen.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Is it the new Wii Sports?
There is a big difference, people bought the Wii because they wanted to play WiiSports, especially the mainstream market who wanted to play golf or tennis at home using the remote.

Is there anybody who bought the PS5 specifically to play Astro ? Most buyers didn't even knew the game was included.

yippeekiyay

Oct 28, 2017
If Wii Sports counts, so does this. Astro's Playroom will be the bestselling single-platform game of all time.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I love the tone of the thread, but I do want to remind random readers that it's legit worth playing with your new console! It's something you can get through in a single evening if you'd like, and the controller features are good to explore. Especially if you've owned past PS consoles, it's awesome nostalgia. If I had a child I'd have rushed to play through it with them, so they might inherent my legacy of decades of spending too much money on video games.
After my PS5 was set up, the first thing I did was delete Astro's Playroom šŸ˜
You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Gotta say this game was fun but I really don't understand the hype and people saying it's the best game ever. It's super short and has literally no plot to speak of. Just a collectathon.