• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
After just over two years in early access, 1.0 is out!
header.jpg

https://store.steampowered.com/app/361420/ASTRONEER/

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed playing this in the summer of 2017, I'll have to dive back in and see how it looks a good while later!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So, "Astroneer" is a game where you are both an astronaut, and a pioneer?

Well, I can already say without playing it that they got the name perfect, lol.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
YES finally! Got this in late 2016/early 2017 and loved what was there, so i am excited to see what the fully developed game looks like with my friend!
So, "Astroneer" is a game where you are both an astronaut, and a pioneer?

Well, I can already say without playing it that they got the name perfect, lol.
I believe the -neer is from "engineer."

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I started it up right after 1.0 launched, there's a ton of polish and QoL additions, and I'm already noticing differences in the early-game compared to the last early access build. So far it's been really fun, can't wait to see the rest of the new stuff.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I just picked this up on the Xbox store due to the play anywhere, and it's still in the game preview build. Will I be able to get the 1.0 update free of charge once it hits Xbox servers? Not sure how it works there vs PC.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I just picked this up on the Xbox store due to the play anywhere, and it's still in the game preview build. Will I be able to get the 1.0 update free of charge once it hits Xbox servers? Not sure how it works there vs PC.
It's coming to xbox at like 11 AM PT, on the 6th

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Played this about 2 years ago and it was a lot of fun... For a few hours.

Has a sort of back story/ end game goal ala Subnautica been added since?

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Patched to 1.0 and logged in today for the first time in a long while. It took me a while to get used to the new progression system but I love the additions.

Only spent an hour or so planetside but I only died once and not from asphyxiation, which I consider a personal victory, lol!

Can't wait to jump back in tonight and maybe have some co-op done.

Happy to have been an early buyer!

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Played it when it first entered early access , keen to see what new additions they added , I hope they have improved performance as well.

I really love the i game ui system .

Also this

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Yay! The only early access game I ever bought. Totally worth it. Haven't checked it out in a few years. Going to be fun to see the finished product.

linnus

Oct 25, 2017
So can I buy this on my Xbox and play with my Steam friends? 🤔 Or this only works if my friends are playing the Windows Store version?

meepfx

Dec 20, 2017

New trailer for the 1.0 release. I put like 60 hours into an early Early Access version and have been holding off on playing this for a while just so I can experience the new research and gameplay loops without being a beta tester. Such a joyful game.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017

New trailer for the 1.0 release. I put like 60 hours into an early Early Access version and have been holding off on playing this for a while just so I can experience the new research and gameplay loops without being a beta tester. Such a joyful game.

That is one badass trailer.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it the day it hit Xbox game store and saw promise. Only messed with it once in a while. I'm excited to check out their updated work.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Bought this in very early access on Xbox and put it down. This looks like a really fleshed out experience! I'll boot it up again!

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Bought this in early access and ended up refunding it because I could never get the online to work :(.

I want to get back in but I hope that's not still an issue.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Cool to see this finally out. Also jesus it has over 26k reviews on Steam, had no idea it sold that well.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I grabbed this in very early access and loved what was already there, and was impressed with the steady progress on the interface and performance. It was already in a seemingly rock-solid place last I'd played. I can't wait until I have some free time to dig in on v 1.0.

ahartig

Mar 20, 2018
Sank a ton of time into this in late 2017 with my 4 and 6 year old.

I assume that early access people get the full game for free, right? It just updates to 1.0?

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Bought it day 1 early access on Xbox and always dropped in every once in a while to see the progress. Come along way since then. So happy 1.0 is finally here. Excited to see all the new additions tonight.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. I haven't played it for almost a year now yet I put many dozens of hours into it in early access. Such a fun game. I know a lots changed since then, looking forward to starting a new save now!

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I played a bunch last night, there's a bunch of changes and additions that I really like in the early-game so far that really add to the game, it definitely feels like there's more to do and more reasons to print certain things to make tasks easier. Made it to one of the mysterious structures the previous trailer was teasing but have no way to do anything with it yet. I've come across a couple bugs, like sometimes research minerals underneath rocks falling through the map, and crashed ships violently shaking in the terrain once I start digging it out, but I expect those to be fixed because both bugs were not present in the Early Access builds. And multiplayer has some sound bugs whenever your buddies print things, no matter how far away you are, you can hear it too. Other than those things, it's very polished and I played about 4 hours solo, and another 2 with my girlfriend on a fresh save.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't installing for me on the Windows Store, cue me doing troubleshooting for 30+ mins to finally realizing its due to requirement to update my Windows version. I don't wanna update...goes and queues updates :sulking

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
HELL yeah!

I also got this day 1 on Xbox and I sank soooooooooo many hours into it. I stopped playing for a while and then came back to it at some point early last year, sank many more hours into it, then stopped again. I cannot wait to get home and update to 1.0 to see all the changes they've made since I played last (it looks like a TON from the trailer) I absolutely adore this game!

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I've been sinking into Dota 2 Auto Chess, Apex, and Wargroove, but I've been waiting for this to 1.0 for years. Definitely going to check it out when I get a chance. Love the look of it, and the modular base + UI.

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
I was so excited this hit 1.0 today. I played soooo many hours during the game preview. I wanted to see the new tutorial, so I played during lunch at work today. Once I got home, I decided to boot it up on Xbox. Updated from game preview and it's frame rate is.... not good. Ran silky smooth at work too, which makes this ultra noticible. I dont remember this much slow down on Xbox in early access. Am I taking crazy pills and the performance is worse in the final release?? Anyone else experiencing slow down on Xbox S??

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I was waiting a long time to give this game a shot since I'm no huge fan of early access games. That release trailer is super good and is certainly pushing me to extend my backlog a bit.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh updating windows took most of the day (this game requires you to be on 1809 for W10) but I'm finally in, played a bit on the X before and am learning the basics. Not sure if this is a new addition or not but I discovered
a large purple alien structure with three pedestals with power outlets. Does anyone know if these give anything besides power to your regular tools or is it a puzzle of some kind?

Game looks so crisp on the X. IQ is great though performance definitely needs to be addressed it can plummet sometimes.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I bought it day one in Early Access. Haven't played much because I didn't want to burn out on it before release.

Didn't know it came out. Installing now!

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Started it up earlier and was disappointed by the performance during the tutorial. Running on the X1X, the frame rate is pretty bad at times. Apparently the devs are aware and already working on a patch, but still pretty disappointing for a game that was in early access for so long.

Played the tutorial level on the xbox one x and the framerate is horrible.

Ha. Just beat me to it.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Why in the hell does this game require you to update to a newer windows version?

It took me an hour of googling around to figure out why the windows store wouldn't let me download it.

This certainly can't be the same case on the Steam version?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Why in the hell does this game require you to update to a newer windows version?

It took me an hour of googling around to figure out why the windows store wouldn't let me download it.

Probably uses certain apis that are only on a newer version on windows 10.

FreDre

Apr 10, 2018
Argentina

Nope, it even runs on Linux via Proton without any problems.