• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
30 fps, a bunch of the same crew as Nier 2 without Yoko Taro. A bunch of Nier's gameplay aspects were kind of sloppy and the combat wasn't near Platinum's highs.
Don't care about 30 fps, and I have no idea what on earth you are talking about lol as I don't know anything about platinum.

Nier 2 (Automata? ) should be cheap by now. Should I pick it up

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Make the Legion a Eva Unit, or make the Legion a Stand?

giphy.gif

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
It's too bad it doesn't look like you can't directly customize both characters since they are brother and sister/the character you don't choose still plays a part of in the story. From the Treehouse demo, the player changed their character's skin color and the sibling's skin color also changed during the demo, so hopefully there are more details that can be changed indirectly in similar fashion.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Doubt if it'll pass the Sunset Overdrive litmus test of good hair for black people but it's good to see nonetheless

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
How did I miss that the legion looks can be customized?? I thought I grabbed all the news about this game...

The alt costumes look so nice though, I feel like this game would have benefited from a predesigned protagonist like 2B or 9S (mostly from marketing pov) but it's really nice to have these options.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit surprised at how many people here didn't know about this. (Please don't sleep on this game.)

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
well shit, i was already ready but now i'm pretty hyped. now to decide what game i should get with it via the voucher system

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Just wanted to add that I saw a closed-doors demo of this game at Nintendo where they also showed that the changes you make to your character will be reflected on your sibling, who is also part of the story. So if you make 'em black, or blonde, or whatever, they both will be (within reason). It's the Mass Effect Andromeda setup where if you pick the brother the sister will be a significant story NPC, and the reverse.

Nov 17, 2017
I let it scroll through like 10 times and the closest afrocentric style I could find is that super short cut from the end.
t1k1Qoqm.png

Me in every Japanese game with custom characters picking the short hair option like "well, if I squint, I can imagine they don't have straight hair. Oh wait, there's a cornrows option."

You've your dread locks

NeglectedDistantIsabellineshrike-size_restricted.gif
Which hair style are you referring to? This one?

FUS4jjym.png

Well there seems to be maybe a few more that they didn't scroll down for.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
It's more extensive than I thought! Looks nice! I always enjoy customization but in this case I already like the default looks quite a bit so I'm not sure how much I'll change them.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
can't wait to make 「KING CRIMSON」

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
t1k1Qoqm.png

Me in every Japanese game with custom characters picking the short hair option like "well, if I squint, I can imagine they don't have straight hair. Oh wait, there's a cornrows option."

Which hair style are you referring to? This one?

FUS4jjym.png

Well there seems to be maybe a few more that they didn't scroll down for.
Those ain't dreads. That's just slicked back straight hair.

At this point, I'm better off just using the default character.
One day devs will realize black people play their games, one day
They know we do. They just hate putting us in their games. Hence why we always get the bare minimum.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't a fan of the default design of the girl's outfit so that's great news! The game's possibilities keep getting bigger and bigger.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
That's nice, but I'll just keep the default character.

Unless someone posts the presets for making 2B or 9S lol.